AC GT3 @ Silverstone - Sun 11 May 2014

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Start was crazy, big pile up, but got re-started ok, had a very good race a few nice battles (sorry for the knock with the 2 guys at the 2nd last lap) Otherwise pretty decent! :D Thanks to RD staff for putting this on ;)

Awesome racing on server 3, had some really exciting, long and fair battles. Really great, to bad I lost it a bit at the end, and now atleast on the pace :-D.

Haha that was funny.

Still havent driven AC a lot (12 hours until this weekend and 6 or 7 hours today in the Formula Abarth). Didnt have time for practice and did only one run in Qualy were I got a time penalty, so had to start from stone dead last in 20th.

I kept it very defensive at the start and after 7 Laps I found myself in P4! :D
After some time I got caught by @Davy Vandevenne I could hold him behind for 5 Laps or so and then he made a really brilliant move into bakketts. That was really nice, clean, hard racing. Something I missed on the public servers so far :)

After seeing 60% of the field being much faster than my pb I set sometime ago, it was a brilliant result and I improved my pace to low 2.04s. Still cant really bring these GT cars to the limit.

It's never fun to have your race ruined, but as I see it now, we don't really race.
At least not on a competetive level.

Remember to give Kunos feedback about your experience, and help them improve the game.

Well that was a waste of time!! qualified 4th and had a lock up (frozen screen) at the start!! S**T!!!!!

Sorry for the guys who hit me.....blame Kunos. Also, I signed up with BMW which I practiced with and it put me in the McLaren which I didn't. 2 gliches I found I guess.
@Gui Cramer report an incident after the race and it will be looked at and dealt with.
Should we also file a report for Justin failing to start then? Causing a massive 10 car pile up BEFORE the start/finish line?? :p

Well I had a fun time at Server 1, after a retarded start (with a massive pile up) and a terrible first 4 laps I managed to finally hit race pace and gain terrain to the car in front (Me in P10) when finally getting closer to @Paul Lock I started making a ton of mistakes again. Finding out I would be stuck in P10 anyways I drove another series of flawless laps in 2:05. Then in the final lap Paul made a huge mistake allowing me to pass him from a 5+s gap and finishing 9th. With only 18 showing up I can say I finished along the best half of the field :p

Great time and MP has nice potential for some close racing, which I've only experienced in Quali btw due to the incident referred to before. Get rid of the f*cking penalty system and start working on a system that only penalizes you when you shortcut and not when you spin off.
I loved it.

Perhaps for the best... I had a horrible first experience here, on server 4. I started mid grid and had a great start but played it safe and slotted in 10th/11th only to be massively taken out on T1 and I spin about 10 times, being dead last. I come back but by the end of the lap there was chaos on the chicane and I try going around the outside only to have a car drive onto me.

Back to pits, come out almost a lap down very dead last by a lot. Come back up the field, have Pablo Cortez ram me (continuing his dangerous driving from qualifying) and spin me off. I keep going but on lap 10 or 11 I had enough and quit.

Saw the big crash at turn 1, there were cars flying everywhere

Great fun had again. Saw the massive pile up at the start in my mirrors. Looked bad. :O_o:

Had a gr8 start in 5th. But after a few mistakes I was down in about 11th I think. I knuckled down and managed to fight my way back to 5th. Loving AC the more I play it. :thumbsup:

@Ricardo Umans when rules are violated you report an incident indeed. when its just a racing incident then you don't.

People need to understand two things: 1) incidents in any form of motorsport will always happen. 2) The MP is out for three days now, people are new to it and need time to adjust and so does the game.

Great fun indeed.
(Server 1)

Dunno what happened upfront that caused the big wreck but I had to ESC back to pits and then I had a very very decent catch-up run all the way up to 4th. :)

Thanks to Christopher for letting me lap him easily. :thumbsup:

Also thanks to some other guys I fought with early on, not sure who, only remember Kurt :thumbsup:

All in all great fun, thanks a bunch to the racers and for the organization! :inlove:

@Ricardo Umans when rules are violated you report an incident indeed. when its just a racing incident then you don't.

People need to understand two things: 1) incidents in any form of motorsport will always happen. 2) The MP is out for three days now, people are new to it and need time to adjust and so does the game.
I know Bram :p
Was just kidding as Justin could do nothing about it (and we couldn't either whilst piling up:))

Start was crazy, big pile up, but got re-started ok, had a very good race a few nice battles (sorry for the knock with the 2 guys at the 2nd last lap) Otherwise pretty decent! :D Thanks to RD staff for putting this on ;)

Yeah @Brian Clancy I was the car that plough into you and Kurt when you had contact at Brooklands, I just couldnt avoid it. I think I was catching you guys quite quickly at the last few laps, but incident that broke my concentration and couldnt get back to you, then just before the line on the last lap I go off at Vale and have to let @Ricardo Umans take my 9th place before I could rejoin safely. :(

Only other incident I feel I should mention was part way into the race, and I had also gone off at Vale, and I did my best to get out the way of @Kurt Vanhee , but in getting off the racing line to the left, I think I confused him and impeded because he was already coming up the inside.

Apart from that the start was crazy. I was right near the back and when trying to navigate the carnage got a roundhouse kick from some spiining car that 360'd my car and then I just kept on going. Mental!

Had my hot quali lap screwed by the chatter on TS - more fool me for not muting, but Saleem shouted something out as I was in the middle of Maggots lol. Trust me but couldnt keep any other laps together so was like 15th at the start. :)

Thanks for the race all.

Last edited:
I had a great time racing with @Theo van den Brink and @Sander Eefting and a bunch of others in the group that drove super close.

Nice to finally see the real difference between the McLaren and the BMW with the latter being a rocket going out of corners and the former going in. Makes for some really competitive racing.

More on wednesday on the ring :)

that was huge fun, my first rd event after a long long time, and after all, i'm a founding member :)

played on server2 and qualied 19th of 20, reason one: lack of talent, reason2: only ever played ac for maybe 60 mins before tonight.
avoided the pileup at start and kept the pace for a lap or so, everything running well and smooth as silk. Finished in 15th, a lap down.

on the positive side:
- a race at rd, whoop whoop whoop
- it looks awesome
- improved my laptime by 25 secs from my first lap in practice to my fastest lap in race
- raced on a server with my blackrebels teammate andreas, who finished 2nd

on the negative side
- there were three or so instances when there was a small gap in the flow of the game and it came back a split second later with a little hiccup
- the glare on the road is quite extreme
- the mirrors are too small to really see what's coming up behind you, at least on my screen (is there a virtual mirror?)
- the forced slowdown after a trespass is horror to the chaps behind, i caused a bit of a mess about three laps from finish when i had to slow down and a group of five or so cars came up, got spun around etc. would be better to have your car go half invisible and also non-touchable for the time of the slowdown and until you are back up to speed
- didn't find my beloved f3 from iRacing, i.e. a table showing your position in the race relative to the other players, helps you so much being aware of movements around you
- a spotter would be nice, too, or some sort of pit information

overall: a superb first session, looking forwrad to regular visits to the rd race club.

• Deleted member 130869

I can't really report much outside of Pablo Cortez on lap 9 (I believe) since I don't have the replay, I was going around the outside of T1 and suddenly the world was spinning and everyone went by. Couldn't see any names.

Server 4:

These cars are pretty fun but it's a big change coming from Race07, GSC and rFactor. I didn't need long to be on the pace on hotlaps but for consistent racing it's a whole different thing.

As for the event, it was really fun, but there were some issues too. I had a couple spins and some really weird accidents where there was really small and unintentional content and it just shot the cars off the track. After my first spin I was miles off everyone else so I decided to have a battle with my teammate John Munro for the rest of the race which was really cool. We drove different cars, and it has to be said that the differences between the cars are massive! Not so much for overall laptimes, but the topspeed and cornerspeed differences are extreme. That led to some really difficult situations when we passed (or got past by) other cars on the corner exits, especially in combination with the netcode issues. But in the end it was a really good clean fight.

One word about the ingame penalty system: I know the intentions are good, but I think having it activated creates more problems than it solves. First of all when you avoid other people you get a penalty, second thing is sometimes you get a penalty out of the corner, you are on the racing line, your car is slowing down and the car behind can't predict that you can't accelerate. It's possible to turn it off, hopefully it will be done in league racing.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.