AC GT3 @ Silverstone - Sun 11 May 2014

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
That was really fun. Sadly I had to leave after 5 laps because backpain was getting to much. Was off the pace a lot but only got the game Saturday night so didn't have much practice.
Also does anyone have some tips on getting the game to run smoother because I'm running the game with quite low graphics but it still doesn't feel smooth?

I am going to post a result anyways cus I felt cheated on.
10ftmqf.jpg

Please tell me: How can somebody who is behind over 4 billion laps still beat me while I am only behind 110 seconds? :p
@Kurt Vanhee has a lot to explain :p

:)There should be a 9 in front of it,
Sorry Ricardo but i drove ninja-style:D
Think you had time/position issues in practice/quali?

Anyway nice race,congratz to @Stelios Fevgatos .

Someone who know his fps during the online session. I had an average of 34fps but surprisingly not laggy.

I was in Server 2. I managed to Qualify 2nd which I was extremely surprised with. Managed to get a good flyer in at the end of the session which was less than half a tenth off fourth!

Race started well, I had a better start than the race leader but being in the McLaren, the pole man in the BMW flew away like a rocket as we neared turn 1. I managed to keep in second for a few laps before I started making small mistakes, two in two laps which dropped me to third. Managed to get on to the tail of second place and then we battled for a number of laps in which I went round the outside of turn 2 out of Abbey and in to the complex. Managed to get around the outside and just got clipped (these cars are so easy to lock up and go too quickly in to the corner). Gathered it up and got given the place back (fair racers in RD which I have a lot of respect for doing that gesture). I believe we battled for another few laps before I lost it coming in to Beckets. The back end stepped out and somehow stopped it from going round.

Spent the last 6/7 laps really closing the gap and getting close again before making a small mistake. Was a really fun and intense race long battle which I thought was fair and thoroughly enjoyable!

Looking forward to the next!

• Deleted member 130869

Ty to you guys for putting the servers up :thumbsup:

I agree here, I had massive frustrations but it doesn't take away from the fact RD had four servers up so everyone could race. I'll be coming back for more, it was just an unlucky event :).

SERVER 1

I have about the last 3 laps of the race captured in my replay file if anyone did anything interesting.

I might encode as the last few laps have me chasing down @Brian Clancy and then the contact between him and some other guy which I couldnt avoid :)
These replay files are cool how you can view everything everyone did - as long as it recorded it - shame it wasnt the start of the race!

Pablo, had you more oversteer and lift-off oversteer than usual during practice/qualli and race this event? What were your issues exactly?

exactly, during p/q too much lift off oversteer... i tweaked it a little and it was not THAT bad in the race but still had oversteer... S L I P P YYY !.. i was able to manage it better towards the end, it was mainly my fault though since I didnt have enough practice or a proper set up (basically default) for Silverstone (I just recently started using the mp4)...

I went back yesterday after work and worked on gears, tyre pressure and alignment (got rid of 60% of my oversteer.. nice to feel some grip while turning! O.o) and was able to lower the pace from 2.09-2.10's to 2.05's, but I havent touched anything else on the set up yet, I need MOAR time and practice (been studying videos for better references and lines too)... I am still learning how to understand what needs to be changed for a specific problem

maybe when I finish it we can compare set ups?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back