GSC Extreme v1.25 Bug report thread

Renato Simioni

Reiza Studios
Please concentrate your bug reports for v1.25 on this thread.

Make sure to check the release notes on the release thread before posting.

If you may please elect to adapt the following report form below:

Track & Layout Used:
Car Used:
Applicable Settings:
Report:
Steps to reproduce:

Ex:

Track & Layout Used: Montreal 88
Car Used: Formula V12
Applicable Settings: n/a
Report: After losing front wing the car gets airborn above around 100mph.
Steps to reproduce: Crash and lose front wing, drive fast ;)

For any difficulties related to installing, running or setting up the game which are not necessarily bugs in the software, please use the v1.25 release thread.

Please allow time for us to test, verify and rectify the issues. We might not reply to you right away but rest assured if you posted here, we will have read it.

Please avoid posting new threads for bug reports, it´s the easiest way to make sure your report gets lost in the shuffle.

Unless you guys are running triple screens, this really should not be required. It can get very heavy on race starts & large fields from the TV camera, but that´s a very specific circunstance to drop all your settings down for.

If you do want to drop some settings, shadows from max to high and opponent details from max to high will bring you the most gain for less quality loss.

guys with 970s try this...

run DSR x4 in CP (select highest resolution in gsc config)
AA x1 in gsc config
Run high shadows
no shadow blur
21 AI cars

im getting a great fps and image quality with this.

Ok lads listen up, did some in-depth testing this morning and results are important even to you @Reiza Studios

I made some tests and results show this: with DSR x2 enabled (actual 2715x1527 on my monitor), everything in graphics set to "full" (even shadows), 32 sounds effects in audio and full grid I have
- with stock cars, both 2013 and 2014, 32 AI --- 60 fps stable, back on the grid, no spikes or lag
- with FReiza, 24 AI --- 60 fps stable, back on the grid, no spikes or lag
- with FVee and FRetro 24 and 25 AI respectively --- fps deeps from 60 to 40, back on the grid, stuttering and random spikes

Track: Velopark

So I guess the real problem is not that we lack horsepower but that there is some optimization still to be made to some open-wheelers :( shadows, high-poly count, something is messing up with those cars which are, I think, our favourites. Please keep looking into this devs :( ;)

my specs: I5 3570k @4.3, Corsair XMS3 @2.0 ghz cl11, Asus Strix GTX 970 @1463 - 7.7 ghz, Asus Xonar DSX, Win 8.1; game installed on ssd drive

Yusupov, of course turning details down helps, but why certain cars go full no problem and others not? The problem is more complicated than setting a slider, and won't be solved by no specific in-game setting I am afraid, as people seem to report

Track & Layout Used: Any
Car Used: Mini Challenge, Formula V12
Applicable Settings: n/a
Report: No launch control - game says that it's not available for this vehicle
Steps to reproduce: Try to use launch control :)

This could be just an intentional, undocumented change, or a bug. Still, it would be nice if the game told you which cars have launch control, DRS, temporary boost, etc. Perhaps a line on the showroom screen, if possible?

Ok lads listen up, did some in-depth testing this morning and results are important even to you @Reiza Studios

I made some tests and results show this: with DSR x2 enabled (actual 2715x1527 on my monitor), everything in graphics set to "full" (even shadows), 32 sounds effects in audio and full grid I have
- with stock cars, both 2013 and 2014, 32 AI --- 60 fps stable, back on the grid, no spikes or lag
- with FReiza, 24 AI --- 60 fps stable, back on the grid, no spikes or lag
- with FVee and FRetro 24 and 25 AI respectively --- fps deeps from 60 to 40, back on the grid, stuttering and random spikes

Track: Velopark

So I guess the real problem is not that we lack horsepower but that there is some optimization still to be made to some open-wheelers :( shadows, high-poly count, something is messing up with those cars which are, I think, our favourites. Please keep looking into this devs :( ;)

my specs: I5 3570k @4.3, Corsair XMS3 @2.0 ghz cl11, Asus Strix GTX 970 @1463 - 7.7 ghz, Asus Xonar DSX, Win 8.1; game installed on ssd drive

There were some optimizations to those cars released last night, is your test with them?

I just tried velopark with 22 vees and DSR x4 AA x1 im getting pretty much 60 fps at back of grid. Hi shadows no blur rest max. At the beginning of the lap I see tiny stutters, not sure now if eyes are lieing to me. But there is defo an improvement.

ALso at velopark when in the pit there seems to be a tree flickering in the background as you look down the pitlane, which seems to be in time with 2-3 fps spikes im having in the pit on track cam.

Leo try reducing the AA?

Why should I do it? If stock cars can handle it why Vee not?
I'm sorry maybe it's because English is not my native language that I cannot explain myself well. My point is: If some cars run with max details without fps drop and others not, then the problem is in those cars and not in the settings.

I know that lowering the settings help but it's not on my side that the chance should be made. If I can enjoy this sim with full graphics, then I want to enjoy it this way with all cars present since it's technically possible.

Last update helped the stutterings but not the fps drops ;)
Thank you Msportdan but as I said problem is not in the settings ;) thanks for the tip nontheless :)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.