GSC Extreme v1.25 Bug report thread

Renato Simioni

Reiza Studios
Please concentrate your bug reports for v1.25 on this thread.

Make sure to check the release notes on the release thread before posting.

If you may please elect to adapt the following report form below:

Track & Layout Used:
Car Used:
Applicable Settings:
Report:
Steps to reproduce:

Ex:

Track & Layout Used: Montreal 88
Car Used: Formula V12
Applicable Settings: n/a
Report: After losing front wing the car gets airborn above around 100mph.
Steps to reproduce: Crash and lose front wing, drive fast ;)

For any difficulties related to installing, running or setting up the game which are not necessarily bugs in the software, please use the v1.25 release thread.

Please allow time for us to test, verify and rectify the issues. We might not reply to you right away but rest assured if you posted here, we will have read it.

Please avoid posting new threads for bug reports, it´s the easiest way to make sure your report gets lost in the shuffle.

Do you still have this problem?

It works fine here. What track detail and texture detail settings?

Thanks

Hi,

Yeah, after 1st and 2nd patch, also tried removing Londrina completely both times and re-syncing to download a new copy.

Settings:

Circuit - High
Player - Full
Opponent - High
Texture - Full

Just tried swapping Circuit detail to Full and it loads ok, so an issue with "High" settings.
(I only got a GTX660).

Already done that ;)
that was meant for the other guy.

And your English is fine, my friend, I know what your saying and I agree. But atm there seems to be a problem with some models in GSC. We do sort of have to find a workaround for these cars.

I have another tip too. Try disabling replays.

I edited the plr file the below.

Record Replays="0" // whether to record replays or not
Save All Replay Sessions="0" // whether to save the replay from each session
Record To Memory="0" // record replays to memory rather than disk (may possibly reduce stuttering, but at your own risk because memory usage will be significant for long races)
Compress Replay="1" // whether to compress VCR file (uses less disk space but takes more time to write)
Replay Wraparound="0" // whether replays wraparound in the fridge
Auto Monitor Replay="0" // whether to automatically start a replay when returning to monitor
Record Hotlaps="0" // whether to record hotlaps or not (must have replay recording on)
Instant Replay Length="30"
Replay Fidelity="4"
Super Player Replay="0" // record player at higher frequency
Number Track Replays="1" // how many replays to store for each track (using default naming convention only!)

Yes... I guess a report from those running GTX 970/980 would help. I'm currently running some 344.48 drivers which I recently went back to because they performed very well with stable FPS throughout all views in game. That is until yesterday when I G Synced my game.

Track & Layout Used:Johannesburg Historic
Car Used: Formula Retros
Applicable Settings:AI strength 100% AI Aggression 25%
Report: a.i cars still having trouble going into pitlane.Some car drive in no problem,but others jam on breaks ,spin (sometimes in front of other cars on hot lap) before being teleported into the pit stall..ala star trek:alien:
Running 1.252
I had 24 car on track including my own.
the a.i cars (retros) need a little more 5th gear on this track
is there something I could do on my end to fix this?

Last edited:
Track & Layout Used: Any
Car Used: Mini Challenge, Formula V12
Applicable Settings: n/a
Report: No launch control - game says that it's not available for this vehicle
Steps to reproduce: Try to use launch control :)

This could be just an intentional, undocumented change, or a bug. Still, it would be nice if the game told you which cars have launch control, DRS, temporary boost, etc. Perhaps a line on the showroom screen, if possible?

No car in the sim should have launch control. Some cars did have it in previous versions but that was a mistake, rectified in v1.25.

@Reiza Studios I did more testing tonight. Well the cause of fps drops seems to be Sparse Grid Super-Sampling. I ran 25 AI of FVee on Velopark with everything on max/full (shadow blur enabled) and 32 audio sources and I have 58-60 fps. DSRx4 was enabled with "just" 4xMSAA enabled through Nvidia Control Panel, plus SweetFX. So settings were cranked up to stress everything up and it passed multiple tests.

I must say though that stuttering is still present with FVee. Fps as I said are always on 58-60 but that 58 is caused by quick stutterings which are annoying.

Two bugs for me

Nvidia 480 GTX with 347.52 drivers (latest ones). All setting at max and I don't want to turn them down - 15 AI

Bug 1:- Formula Vees still run at about half the FPS of all of the other cars (same bug as in previous builds). This must be a bug as the actual model does not look more complex than any of the other cars

Bug 2: formula retro: run some laps or a race and get a solid 60 FPS even from back of the grid. play an instant replay and FPS drop to single digits after about 10 seconds. back to cockpit or restart race and still at single digit FPS. Need to go back to main menu to fix it then back to 60FPS when driving

Leon@ I cant even get gsc working with NVIDIA control panel!? U sure its not just your gsc config AA?

U need to ease up on.your settings, there's no need for shadow blur it makes hardly ant difference as does running max shadows. Also 25 Ai ?! Really.

Ur stressing the old engine for.no real reason imo.

Leon@ I cant even get gsc working with NVIDIA control panel!? U sure its not just your gsc config AA?

U need to ease up on.your settings, there's no need for shadow blur it makes hardly ant difference as does running max shadows. Also 25 Ai ?! Really.

Ur stressing the old engine for.no real reason imo.

I know I was just putting the engine to the limit to have some clearer results ;) don't worry
My GSC is working fine with CP, I am using Nvidia Inspector and I have disabled in-game AA. Moreover, now the exe appears also in the list inside Control Panel for dedicated settings, don't know why it does only now but better late than never :D
My fps drops cause was SSAA, but stutterings are still present and are caused by specific cars models like the FVee. I also disabled tracks effects, for testing purpose, like dust but nothing. So stuttering is definitively related to some cars

Track & Layout Used: Johannesburg Historic
Car Used: Formula Retro
Applicable Settings: GSC Extreme 1.25 with latest Gsync Updates 16.2.2015 non STEAM Version at the Moment
AA set in Nvidia Inspector 16Q and 4x Sparsegrid Supersampling, everything on Full, 1680x1050
PC Specs Win 8.1 64bit, 16 G Ram 4790K and GTX 780 at Stock speed no OC newest Nvidia GFX Driver
If you @ Reiza need more specific Informations please contact me

Report: Game freeze, crash or runs in strange slowmotion, after having a driving crash in this car and trying to go on track again from Garage or Monitor screen.
If i sit then in Pits again the FFb Wheel ( G 27 ) gets f.... up and turns slowly from left to right constantly while the rest of the game runs very stuttering slowmotion like......

It also happens that the Game crashes while racing normally on track, alone or online with others.

When i play the replay from the crash in fullscreen mode right after the crash and press rewind or forward the replay goes very stuttery and jumpy, and totally uncontrollable and Game crashes after that or will react extremly slow to mouse commands or crashes.

I had some races and Driving Crashes too, on this and other tracks with F3 and V12 Car and no problems

Steps to reproduce:Choose F Retro and Johannesburg Historic or i tried Jacarepagua too, then make a crash, exit to pits and try to reenter game....

Games produced some dump files which i renamed to .txt and attach here.

I really hope i can drive this Car Track Combo without Game Crashes, because you did a fantastic Job with the Track and GSC Extreme, thank you for creating this Sim!!!

Attachments

• GSC.1164.dmp.txt
    132 KB · Views: 232
  • GSC.2772.dmp.txt
    130.3 KB · Views: 222
  • GSC.3372.dmp.txt
    121.8 KB · Views: 240
  • GSC.4884.dmp.txt
    127.2 KB · Views: 252
  • GSC.4972.dmp.txt
    126.2 KB · Views: 254
  • GSC.5452.dmp.txt
    129.7 KB · Views: 224
Last edited:
Report: Game freeze, crash or runs in strange slowmotion, after having a driving crash in this car and trying to go on track again from Garage or Monitor screen.
If i sit then in Pits again the FFb Wheel ( G 27 ) gets f.... up and turns slowly from left to right constantly while the rest of the game runs very stuttering slowmotion like......

This could be a psu power or usb power problem on your pc.
1Try removing any unused usb devices if you have any
2 Try plugging your G27 into different usb port
3 as a test, remove G27 and play the same car track combination using keyboard (just to see if the G27 is a factor)

I'll write it here, because my question, which i posted in main release thread apparently isn't going to be answered:

Why does the Metalmoro rpm drop so much when you go off the line ?
I use autoclutch, hold the pedal to the max in neutral and then i shift into 1st and the rpm just drops and it takes ages to accelerate. I lose 2s immediately to AI at the start. Shouldn't i be able to guid it with the throttle ? I don't remember such behavior in any of the vehicles before the update. The rpm always stays high and i could guide it off the line with the throttle.

Is this a bug or normal or update related ?

Last edited:

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 25 23.4%
  • More leagues

Votes: 22 20.6%
  • Prizes

Votes: 20 18.7%
  • Trophies

Votes: 10 9.3%
  • Forum trophies