Grand Prix 4 Formula One Career Season 2004

Status
Not open for further replies.
I apologize for the once again high amount of dnfs, I'm at a loss as to why it happens. Track magic data was set to 4, and the quick race I did before to test the settings only had 4. But 8 + KER + all the unscheduled stops, I'm clueless.

Only thing I could suggest right now to hopefully improve the situation is reducing cof by 1000 (or maybe more) for all teams. If there are no objections to this, I'm gonna apply that for the next race.
I don't think it's much of a problem, there were quite a lot of technical retirements in the 2004 season per race.

I don't think it's much of a problem, there were quite a lot of technical retirements in the 2004 season per race.
Huh, indeed. My memory let me down it seems, had thought it were way less. Still it was way too much this time imo. If it had been 8 in total, fine, but it were at least 12.

@TTupsi: Not quite the pace today to challenge the Renault, was it related to the Bridgestone tyres or something else?
We are as perplexed as anyone. Everyone knows Renault's strong qualifying pace but the speed they had in race today was not expected at all. It's too early to say if it was down to the tyres or something else, we have to analyze the data and try to find answers before the Spanish GP.

+2 RBHP
+1 QBHP
+20 Race skill
+15 Quali skill

2004 San Marino GP

FIA Press Conference
@Benutzername: 4th win already here, what is it about this track that makes you this quick?​
Do you want to tell me that the track makes me quick here and not my driving abilities? ;) I was quick here in several series, i don't know what it is but it seems the track just fits me quite well. Or other drivers are just not as good here as on other tracks. Anyway, in the qualifying, which is probably one of my strongest session in every series, i was beaten by my teammate. And he had bad luck that season and still managed to get the motivation to get the pole. We had a 1-2 lead and might could get that result but he once again had a broekn car. 0 points for a driver like him? Sport can be unfair.
Anyway, i didn't expect that result. The Minardis are so strong, i would have bet on them. And now we had two poles in a row and a win. Thats surprising! Despite all the happiness from my side i believe i won't be able to get any higher in the championship. The season start was way above our car power and their will be results to come that are worse. I enjoy this moment!

+50 Race Skill
+30 Quali Skill

half on qs
quarter on cof
quarter on rs
God damn did not expect this. Guess I have to follow through with my previous statement. Did not expect with my usually luck in these games

rbhp +1

Market is closed

Re: CoF

I've decided to keep it the way it is for now as a) there were some who didn't want the change and b) Jim showed me that my memory wasn't quite right regarding the amounts of DNFs in 2004.

For next season however the base value will be reduced, probably by 1000. Should it not work out as intended (i.e. too little/too much dnfs), I reserve the right to make further adjustments mid-season.

There won't be a video today, FFSplit is sort of broken, means that it's stuck at initializing and never started recording -.-

Edit: by the looks of it, it wasn't a one off, so it might be a while until videos are back :(

Last edited:
2004 Spanish GP
QbicUOO.png

Renault continues pole series
3rd consecutive pole for the French team, this time achived by Utzer. Aidan Keranen snatched a surprising 2nd, beating the second Renault of Martins. Teammate Mishra however struggled in last place. The two Jordan in 4th and 5th. Minardis find themselves in a Toyota sandwich, in 7th and 8th spot. Noack once more might be looking for points, starting from 10th today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back