Grand Prix 4 Formula One Career Season 2004

Status
Not open for further replies.
2004 Spanish GP

5J0731d.png

GcoddAw.png

Back-to-back wins for Utzer
With his 2nd win in a row the German now leads the championship. In 2nd place came Andy Graham, only 4 seconds short off his first career win. Third place went to Rui Martins, the Portuguese finally having a trouble free race.
At the start Utzer managed to hold on to the lead, but only just as Keranen had a slightly better start on the outside. Still the Aussie dropped to third, as Graham had a splendid run in Utzer's slipstream. Martins lost a couple of places in the opening laps, being on a 2 stopper he couldn't quite go the same pace as the others around him. Laskey was in 4th for a few laps, but started to lose position after position, finding himself out of the points before the first pitstops. A troublesome situation arised in lap 6, when Mishra and Lintner collided in the penultimate corner. Mishra lost a wheel, but didn't manage to reach his box. Lintner too took damage and tried to go straight to the pits, however he hit the wall while trying to turn his car, loosing a wheel as well and getting stranded just at the pit entry. Luckily the marshalls got both cars out of the way before someone else had to pit.
Martins took the lead briefly when all the 3 stoppers ahead of him pitted, before coming in himself and dropping to 8th. Utzer kept the lead ahead of Graham and Goddard, who was up to 3rd now. Keranen would've been in 2nd though, if his suspension didn't collapse a couple of laps after his stop. Engberink and Rinneaho were in 4th and 5th position. In 6th the Arrows of Cornes. Around the halfway point Rinneaho had to stop his car with an oil leak.
Graham made his 2nd stops 2 laps before Utzer, and the undercut worked out for him. He lead the race, but Utzer remained close behind. Ancevski and Martins were in 3rd and 4th, both on the 2 stop strategy. Goddard had dropped to 5th, Engberink to 9th. The Dutchman on a charge though, until his final stop he had worked up back to 4th, just behind Goddard. In lap 44 Utzer retook the lead from Graham, and could build a gap just big enough to not give Graham a proper slipstream.
Now Utzer went for the undercut, allowing him to keep the lead. Graham in 2nd, ahead of 2 stoppers Sigoulaksi, Martins and Ancevski. Two of them couldn't make use of it though. Sigoulakis got throttle problems and had to retire, Ancevski spun off, getting some heavy pressure from Goddard right behind him.
Utzer kept the lead to the chequered flag, Graham didn't have enough left to try again in the end. Martins only just managed to hold on to 3rd, Goddard had to settle for 4th. Engberink took 5th, ahead of Cornes who passed Laad for 6th with 2 laps to go. Noack took the final point for 8th.

FIA Press Conference
@Benutzername: Were you worried a bit when Graham suddenly was ahead of you after the 2nd stops?
@Andy 'Mars Bar' Graham: So close to the win today, still your best career result so far. Any words on it?
@Rui F. Martins: Happy that you finally could put an end to your run of bad luck?

Market is open!

And I found the issue, latest Nvidia driver updates changed my default recording device. Thanks Nvidia, you suck. Also I don't want that registration bullshit.

Yours sincerely.

Edit: well, audio is back, still no video though -.-

Last edited:
2004 Spanish GP

FIA Press Conference
@Benutzername: Were you worried a bit when Graham suddenly was ahead of you after the 2nd stops?​
You are always worried when you are suddenly behind after a stop though you expected to be ahead. In this case i was pretty confident to gain the position back. Graham had a decent season so far but nothing spectacular while i had surprisingly great pace at every race weekend. When you have someone in front of you its easier to stay motivated and it sort of makes you faster, robbing closer and closer.
Anyway, i am absolutely stunned at how well that season developed so far! Another win i didn't expect and Rui finally could bring results home!
Though i am sure that the next races will be more difficult than the ones we currently had. Also i will get my DNFs at some point of the season. I believe i am the driver with the most retirements and one of the drivers with the highest retirement rate. Had luck at this season so far and could be really helpful for the standings at the end of the season!

After 5 races i already have my 2nd best season in terms of points. I am really thankful for the season so far!
Race Skill +70
Quali BHP+ 25

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 200 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.4%