Grand Prix 4 Formula One Career Season 2004

Status
Not open for further replies.
2004 Bahrain GP
YekXZvE.png

ofwPA8T.png

Minardi keep on winning
Reigning champion Goddard won the first Bahrain GP, also his first win this season. Jimmy Laad finished in a strong 2nd place, Utzer converted his pole to a third place finish.
Martins showed the best reaction at the start, and snatched the lead from pole setter Utzer. Goddard had dropped to 4th behind Laad. Kederer could get past Black for 6th, but he retired with an oil leak in lap 3 already. The top 4 started to pull away, Harvey in 5th couldn't quite go their pace. Black struggled a lot with his car, going off track a few times he wasn't able to keep his position. The first stops turned into disaster for the Renaults, from 1-2 they went to 4-5. Laad was the new race leader, closely followed by Goddard. Harvey was running in 3rd. Lintner in 6th, behind him the Jordans of Graham and Engberink. The former showed a brilliant first stint, having started from 14th only. Rinneaho had retired right after his stop, his gearbox had failed.
Laad held on to his lead through the second stint, but wasn't able to build a gap to Goddard. The drama for Renault continued when Martins spun off short before his stop, losing a couple of places. Laad was first of the leading duo to make his 2nd stop, Goddard continued for another 2 laps. This was enough to put him in the lead, 1.5s ahead of the Brit. Harvey kept 3rd, Lintner was up to 4th as Renault messed up at Utzer's stop, again. He dropped to 6th behind Graham. Ancevski had worked all the way up to 7th, Engberink was in 8th. Harvey seemingly got a bad set of tyres for the 3rd stint. A first mistake dropped him to 5th, another one a few laps before his stop cost him again, which meant that he was out of the points after his final stop.
Goddard kept his lead after his stop, Laad now some 10s behind him. The Renault crew finally got their act together, allowing Utzer to jump up to 3rd. Lintner and Graham were right behind him. Ancevski was up to 6th,
Engberink in 7th. Nathan Cornes, who had started 20th, was up to 8th, on the way to score his first point in F1. Lintner wasn't able to keep 4th, a mistake while defending against Graham dropped him to 7th.

FIA Press Conference
@Mane Goddard: Was it crucial to get past Laad during the stops, as you didn't seem to be able to attack him on track?
@Jimlaad43: A fantastic result for you, certainly much needed after the troubles in the first 2 races?
@Benutzername: Will there be talks with the pitcrew, after the costly mistakes?

Market is open!

2004 Bahrain GP

FIA Press Conference

@Benutzername: Will there be talks with the pitcrew, after the costly mistakes?
No. Mistakes happen. When i ruined great races in the past the pitcrew and mechanics helped me to better up my mood and keep me motivated though i ruined their day. Today it was the opposite. We all will try to improve ourselves after each race weekend, we want to learn from our mistakes. And despite the many not well executed pitstops we could get 3rd. Thats fantastic! Sad to see that Rui still seems to struggle with our car, looks like it's not fitting his style as much as mine and therefore he has to push harder to keep up which could be a reason for his mistake this race. He will get his results, i am sure. He lead the race today!
For myself i am really surprised by the good start into the season, only the incredible Minardis were better.
I'll enjoy that situation because there will be worse weekends. Great situation atm.

+30 Quali Skill
+50 Race Skill

@Jimlaad43: A fantastic result for you, certainly much needed after the troubles in the first 2 races?​
[/SPOILER]

Well, seeing as the crapper we were down was HowtoBasic's, I'm amazed we've managed to climb out of it, for this race at least. Thyme will tell if it's just a flash in the pan or if you wanna really grill that steak for a while (wait...)
Time will tell if this result was a flash in the pan, or if it is a real indication of form.

• Deleted member 161052

+30 qualy skill
+15 race skill

Wasn't a race that I would expect despite a good qualifying.

2004 Bahrain GP
FIA Press Conference
@Mane Goddard: Was it crucial to get past Laad during the stops, as you didn't seem to be able to attack him on track?​

Well, this time he had a good car. I tried to reduce the gap but it was impossible. I mean, the car could demand even more, but would break something or would end in an oversight, not to say that the wheels would suffer even more. The pitstops were those that made the difference. He could have won the race :thumbsup:

*When Mane was going to leave the conference*

- Hey, what happened with your sense of humor? Years ago you made jokes, and now you seem like a retiree with what you said lately.

- Well... Maybe after winning the championship I took things a little more seriously, but here's a joke for you:

What do you call a singing computer? A DELL. :roflmao:

Buys:
+1 QBHP
+2 RBHP
+20 Quali Skill
+20 Race Skill
-100 CoF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events