Grand Prix 4 Formula One Career Season 2004

Status
Not open for further replies.
2004 San Marino GP
whSlOz1.png

9th career pole for Martins
The Renault driver secured the spot at the front, only just beating Mane Goddard. Lintner had a strong lap putting him in 3rd, alongside the other Renault of Ben Utzer. Rinneaho took 5th on the grid. A slight surprise in 6th, Josh Noack in his Jaguar. Diehl and Engberink are in row 4, Kederer and Laad behind them complete the top 10.

2004 San Marino GP

dOmc8Gz.png

ux0e0mY.png

Record win for Utzer
The German in the Renault took his first win this season, which was his 4th win at the San Marino GP. This hands him the record of most wins at this track, which he previously shared with teammate Rui Martins. Rinneaho finished in 2nd, which was just enough to hold on to the championship lead. In third Josh Noack, who again showed a faultless drive in his Jaguar.
At the start Martins held on to the lead, Goddard dropped to 3rd behind Lintner. At the start of lap 2 Engberink spun off, dropping him to last. Things got worse for him when he also had to pit to fix a loose wheel at the end of the lap. Goddard too was in troubles, electric problems had him coming in the pits, coming out just behind Engberink. 3 early retirements with Black, Graham and Kederer, all due to technical problems. In the meantime Lintner had snatched the lead from Martins, who had also dropped behind teammate Utzer.
As the first scheduled stops were about to happen, Lintner ran into problems, forcing him to pit a bit earlier than planned. He dropped to last, before retiring a couple of laps later as the problems couldn't be fixed properly. Diehl had retired as well, his engine blew up just as he got out of the pits. Utzer was leading ahead of teammate Martins after the stops, Rinneaho in 3rd and Noack in 4th. Both Williams had found their way up the order, Keranen in 5th and Mishra in 6th. Laad and Laskey were right behind Mishra. Heymans was in 9th, and out of sequence due to an early unscheduled stop.
The order changed again after the 2nd stops, main reason being Martins' retirement due to brake problems. Utzer enjoyed a 10s lead over Rinneaho, Noack in 3rd now. Keranen was in 4th, Heymans close behind in 5th. McLarens of Laad and Ancevski in 6th and 7th, Laskey in 8th. The list of retirements got longer, Ancevski and Reed joined with engine and gearbox problems respectively. The order didn't change during the final stops. Once more drama for Keranen, with only 7 laps to go his engine blew up while running in 4th place. Buurlage and Cornes both moved up to the points.

FIA Press Conference
@Benutzername: 4th win already here, what is it about this track that makes you this quick?
@TTupsi: Not quite the pace today to challenge the Renault, was it related to the Bridgestone tyres or something else?
@Decenten: Second podium already, I guess this was rather unexpected?

Market is open!

I apologize for the once again high amount of dnfs, I'm at a loss as to why it happens. Track magic data was set to 4, and the quick race I did before to test the settings only had 4. But 8 + KER + all the unscheduled stops, I'm clueless.

Only thing I could suggest right now to hopefully improve the situation is reducing cof by 1000 (or maybe more) for all teams. If there are no objections to this, I'm gonna apply that for the next race.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes