Grand Prix 4 Formula One Career Season 2004

Status
Not open for further replies.
2004 Monaco GP
TsEndTm.png

Monaco pole for Utzer
The German secured the all important pole position for the Monaco GP, setting the by far fastest lap time. Aidan Keranen in second was almost half a second slower. Engberink and Ancevski start from row 2, behind them Martins and Diehl. Buurlage set the 8th fastest time, sitting between Black and Laskey.

2004 Monaco GP
pBbE95G.png

1uchNYQ.png

Engberink wins Monaco GP
The Jordan driver took his and the team's first win this season, ahead of Diehl and Ancevski. Keranen had won the start over Utzer, who dropped to 2nd. Keranen went on to lead the race until the first round of stops. On his 2nd lap after pitting though he damage his front wing after a mistake, and had to pit again. This dropped him out of contention, ultimately finishing down in 11th. Martins suffered a similar fate, he too had to make an extra stop after contact with the wall, ending up in 12th in the end. Engberink stayed out longer than Utzer, allowing him to get past the Renault. Diehl and Ancevski got past Utzer as well during the stop. The top 8 then were Engberink, Diehl, Ancevski, Utzer, Noack, Buurlage, Black and Lintner.
Noack's race came to an end when he crashed out in turn 1. Lintner retired a couple of laps later as well, rolling out with an engine failure. This promoted Kederer and Mishra to points positions. The order of the top 8 didn't change during the final stops. Engberink went on to bring home the win, some 13 seconds ahead of Diehl and Ancevski.

FIA Press Conference
@Timmieturner12: The probably long awaited first win since your return to Jordan. Do you think you can have a shot at the title this season?
@Diehl: Back in the points after 3 rather difficult races. What else will be possible this year if you manage to keep the current form?
@Milos: The first podium since your comeback, how important was it to nail the lap in quali?

Market is open!

@Timmieturner12: The probably long awaited first win since your return to Jordan. Do you think you can have a shot at the title this season?
Firstly I want to thank everyone within the team for providing me such an awesome car this weekend. The car has been quite strong recently as Andy showed last week. I just haven't found my rhythm up to this weekend and convert the great car into podiums but I think this weekend I definitely found it. Secondly I want to thank my family and friends who supported me so far, it's been so long without a win and to get it again with the team you had the most success with is just an awesome feeling. I believe this is my 10th win of my career and my 2nd one here in Monaco, it seems i can really find my feet here which is very positive coming back next year.

In terms of challenging for the title, I think it's a bit too early to mention that. We've seen the car is strong but Ben is pretty far ahead still. We will need some luck but I think that a top 5 result in the WDC is on the cards here.

• Deleted member 161052

Change race sponsor to C (Finish)
+10 qualy skill
+30 race skill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 237 14.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 165 10.3%