good and bad weather

Misc good and bad weather 3.3

Login or Register an account to download this content
Ah, I see. That makes sense. Thanks a lot.

Is there anyway I can know it really is loading the gbW weathers instead of the normal ones now that Content Manager no longer shows the prefix? Like the game log or something? Just trying to save the hassle. :p

In 'Content - Miscellaneious - Weather' you can rename each weather.
Either add _gbw for the gbw weathers or something like _ks or _kunos to the stock weathers.

Doing it for the official ones would be less work, but an AC update might set them back to the default name. I guess this would happen with a new gbw update too.

I haven't tried this though, so I don't know if that might cause other issues.

Mainly its only "Clear" which collides with the stock names.
Just do this:

[LAUNCHER]
NAME=gbW_Clear
to this:
[LAUNCHER]
NAME=gbW_Clr

I will do this from version 3.2 on...

I searched for plural of "weather". The definition seems to be "you need a counting word for the instances of weather to get a plural".
So new Mod-Name:
"Good and Bad - Weather Files" :cautious:

Yeah.... no... I prefer the name as it is :roflmao::thumbsup:

In the context we have here I think "weathers" is ok, as each weather condition is a sovereign set of files that we think of as "a weather" for the game.
Not using the plural is also - and probably more - correct, generally speaking.
Thank you, I knew that something isn't exactly 100% right. :geek:
I believe that "Good and Bad Weather" sounds just fine.
But of course.... mod title is up to mod owner.

Well, in Peter's defense, in german the singular and plural for weather is the same, 'Wetter'.

To complicate it even further, the german name would be:
singular: gutes und schlechtes Wetter
plural: gute und schlechte Wetter

So if you consider learning german,
a070.gif

I vote for "goods and bads weather" :roflmao:

You're being sarcastic right?! :roflmao:

How about, "Peter Boese's Magnificent Weather Works"? Just kidding.

Mainly its only "Clear" which collides with the stock names.
Just do this:

[LAUNCHER]
NAME=gbW_Clear
to this:
[LAUNCHER]
NAME=gbW_Clr

I will do this from version 3.2 on...

You're right. I checked with Content Manager. Every run I did was using gbW weather, except for Clear. Sometimes the stock Clear, sometimes yours.

love your work just one question is it possible to make evening and night weathers like Summer night with stars ? that just looks at the time in the weather database (when set to real conditions) and change it to a correct darkness of the time in the weather database?
so you pass the assetto times that are for 8 to 18.00

Thanks @Peter Boese. Does Reshade have a major impact for Rift users? If so, how do we disable it, and if the difference will be significant?
Reshade does not work with the VR-headset! It only effects the mirrored display output. So if you want to capture your VR with Reshade, then this is the way to go. If you don't want that, just rename the 2 files (dxgi.dll + dxgi.ini OR d3d11.dll + d3d11.ini)
for example dxgi.dll -> __dxgi.dll.

Is the difference significant? It will not do dramatic changes. I do some contrast, brightness and gamma changes to boost the brightness of the sky, but lower the vegetation brightness.
With Reshade i do the last 5-10% of my reachable immersion, because imho the visuals you will get out of AC is to flat, less contrast than you will have in real life.

So i did 2 steps to get a better usability for the users. The PPFilter in AC is the first step. If this is enough, the user should deactivate Reshade. If not, then Reshade will do the last part...

So for the Rift or any other VR-headset: ATM with this low resolution, more contrast would be bad and so you will not miss something in VR without gbW-Reshade settings.

Reshade does not work with the VR-headset! It only effects the mirrored display output. So if you want to capture your VR with Reshade, then this is the way to go. If you don't want that, just rename the 2 files (dxgi.dll + dxgi.ini OR d3d11.dll + d3d11.ini)
for example dxgi.dll -> __dxgi.dll.

Is the difference significant? It will not do dramatic changes. I do some contrast, brightness and gamma changes to boost the brightness of the sky, but lower the vegetation brightness.
With Reshade i do the last 5-10% of my reachable immersion, because imho the visuals you will get out of AC is to flat, less contrast than you will have in real life.

So i did 2 steps to get a better usability for the users. The PPFilter in AC is the first step. If this is enough, the user should deactivate Reshade. If not, then Reshade will do the last part...

So for the Rift or any other VR-headset: ATM with this low resolution, more contrast would be bad and so you will not miss something in VR without gbW-Reshade settings.
I see. So since I don't need capturing and only run AC for driving with the Rift, it's still fine to use the gbW filters without the reshaders? Aside from the 2 files, can't I delete the reshade-shaders folder too? Thanks again.

I see. So since I don't need capturing and only run AC for driving with the Rift, it's still fine to use the gbW filters without the reshaders? Aside from the 2 files, can't I delete the reshade-shaders folder too? Thanks again.
If you don't use Reshade, then you can delete:
- reshade-shaders (folder)
- dxgi.dll (or d3d11.dll)
- dxgi.ini (or d3d11.ini)
- gbW_reshade.ini

!!! To use the gbW-PPFilter for VR, you have to backup the default filter ("default.ini"), make a copy of "__gbW.ini" and rename it to "default.ini" !!!
Then it will be used for VR....

If you don't use Reshade, then you can delete:
- reshade-shaders (folder)
- dxgi.dll (or d3d11.dll)
- dxgi.ini (or d3d11.ini)
- gbW_reshade.ini

!!! To use the gbW-PPFilter for VR, you have to backup the default filter ("default.ini"), make a copy of "__gbW.ini" and rename it to "default.ini" !!!
Then it will be used for VR....
Quick ignorant question Peter. As I just use _gbW.ini (renamed to default.ini for the Rift), are all the settings applied well too for MP? Or not, since the server assigns it's own set (ie. weathers/etc)? It looks great with SP, but noticed in MP, some tracks don't look good. Can you pls clarify, Thanks.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.