Ginetta SuperCup 2017

Cars Ginetta SuperCup 2017 1.7

Login or Register an account to download this content
Anyone else noticed the mesh-like pattern on the the RHD version (with the newly added ventilation holes)'s rear window? It is quite obvious in the first attached pic in post #132. A shader error or something?

This is a great car :) Not my usual cup of tea as I prefer older cars, but it's been really well done - thanks :thumbsup:

One thing though - it handles really well, and I mean really well :unsure: I find myself throwing it into corners much faster than I would have expected, as if it is on rails. Now please excuse me if this is how the car handles in real life, but the tyres almost feel too grippy. I get no sense of slip or slide, and while that fills you with a huge amount of confidence going into corners, it does feel slightly off.

As I said, please don't take offence if you have accurate data to work with, it's just my perception that it grips too well.

This is a great car :) Not my usual cup of tea as I prefer older cars, but it's been really well done - thanks :thumbsup:

One thing though - it handles really well, and I mean really well :unsure: I find myself throwing it into corners much faster than I would have expected, as if it is on rails. Now please excuse me if this is how the car handles in real life, but the tyres almost feel too grippy. I get no sense of slip or slide, and while that fills you with a huge amount of confidence going into corners, it does feel slightly off.

As I said, please don't take offence if you have accurate data to work with, it's just my perception that it grips too well.

I would think its right as one of the testers is Ben Green who drives it, checkout Bengreenracing website & good highlight of Donington win for him in the Supercup

Hi There. Thank you for your kind words, and also your review. The car does drive / handle really well, but also it should give you a good "work out".

One thing that was said to me by a team manager and driver when I did a live test, was how the rear end slipped out if I pushed it to hard, and esp if you drive to hard and go on the kurbs, as I lost the rear end at a particular corner, and Aaran said, that's how it happens in real life.

And don't worry, I would never take offence, as all feedback is feedback (whether good or bad) and I would prefer this to radio silence LOL

Regards

Shaun

Ahh, ok, I suspected that it was me, not pushing hard enough. I was testing on a 1950s track which has no kerbs (which explains part of it), just a fairly rough surface. The FFB feels really good though, and I can 'feel' the wheels very well. I know I had read on the forums about the amount of input you'd had from an owner/driver, so I guess I will have to trust you and him :D

Hi All,

Sorry for the delay, we (@After_Midnight ) actually decided to revisit some textures. He has reduced the file from over 60mb, to 41mb, so increasing loading times and also improving quality. :thumbsup:

Here are some pictures.

1YcFNa7.jpg
cKBW5DH.jpg
FIB0lCw.jpg
rJppXIF.jpg
sD1zli9.jpg

As mentioned above we have fixed all the issues mentioned, as well as the rear window issue. We found it only happens at certain angles, so we have reverted back to the rear window with no holes, as this just caused issues.

Release hopefully very very soon

Regards

Shaun

Hi All,

Sorry for the delay, we (@After_Midnight ) actually decided to revisit some textures. He has reduced the file from over 60mb, to 41mb, so increasing loading times and also improving quality. :thumbsup:
As mentioned above we have fixed all the issues mentioned, as well as the rear window issue. We found it only happens at certain angles, so we have reverted back to the rear window with no holes, as this just caused issues.

Release hopefully very very soon

Regards

Shaun

I really hope the optimized textures and KN5 sizes will decreasing the loading times ;) otherwise I've done something wrong :roflmao:

Greets After_Midnight

Shaun Clarke updated Ginetta SuperCup 2017 with a new update entry:

Ginetta Supercup 2017 with fixes

Firstly, I would like to say, thank you to you all for your feedback, and the issues that you have spotted, and hopefully, we have fixed them all.

Without you and your support, well I will just leave it there, but thank you.

Here is the fixes and additions.
Ginetta Supercup V1.3 LHD and RHD

I would suggest you delete the older version and reinstall, just to be on the safe side.

Clutch not working - FIXED
Tyre Blur texture not working - FIXED
Brake Lights not working on...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.4%
  • More leagues

Votes: 41 19.4%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.4%