Cars Fordmans Revival

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh don't get me wrong I will not remove the cup version the TCR will be an addition
You Shaun are one of the people that make PC sim racing so much better than anything else. Modders like you are worth their weight in gold. Thank you for doing what you do. :thumbsup::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

Shaun's team you are one of the groups of people that make PC sim racing so much better than anything else. Modders like you are worth their weight in gold. Thank you for doing what you do. :thumbsup::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:
;)

@Itcars and @Andy Jackson long may it continue.

What I will say and have confirmed because we own these mods we can control the updates so hopefully if I keep my team together, these mods will never go out of date with continual updates as they happen in real life.

Small thing but very happy to say this as I know most mods get released and just left along

Shaun

Hi all,

Just a quick update,

Ginetta Supercup & GT4
All model / physical changes have been made, that you have all suggested but there is a couple more (that somebody else mentioned) would be a nice touch, but cannot mention who, sorry, so working on them now.

I am currently looking at the Rev Counter Stutter.

Ginetta GT3
I will be honest, my modeller has worked his socks off, so we have put this on a delay for now, and I only say for now.

Seat Leon TCR
Ok an extra addition that came unexpected due to the contacts I made, but we have progressed this loads ( and like I said the Ginetta GT3 has taken a hit due to this) so although the Eurocup was a fantastic and almost spot on model to work from, loads of things needed changing, more flared wheel arches, bigger rear bumper, Twin Exhausts, Car COG, the Dimensions, the weight, the aero, the power / torque, the tyres, textures and when you start changing all these, you need to modify everything else, so basically it is a whole new car and the old liveries will work, but will need adjusting (due to the bigger rear bumper)

So just to keep you all up to date, we are all working hard as a team, and shots / video will come shortly

Again, thank you for your continued interest / support

Regards

Shaun

Had a really good session with the Seat TCR driver tonight after their test, and have some amazing feedback, and it really shocked me to be honest, on how well these cars are actually tuned.

Two comments that surprised me was, especially the Short Shift comment...

1) The brakes are very very powerful, almost like Supercar Brakes
2) Because of the torque, short shifting is faster than taking the engine to the limit.

Shaun

I know I said this before, but I really need to share this.....

I have a fantastic "teacher / pupil" session last night with somebody from Kunos, and how he explained things in no technical plain english was amazing.....

Some Devs, although they have their own busy schedule, just really go that extra mile to help beginners like me.

Fantastic !!!!

A little present from United Kingdom :) Many Thanks :thumbsup:
ECsBYrr.jpg

A few screenies for you, of the updated Supercup which hopefully should be up tonight. It was going to be up earlier but have had awful upload issues.

So in no particular order....
New Brake lights - Realistic Half Moon
Added Front light - More Aggressive so people will see you
Interior updates
New Brake / Wheel textures and blur
Ventilation Holes on rear window (only for RHD) as this was specific to the Supercup UK.
Other bits you will see in game and I will list them all on the update.
Screenshot_ginetta_supercup2017_rhd_ks_brands_hatch_12-11-117-14-44-37.jpg
Screenshot_ginetta_supercup2017_rhd_ks_brands_hatch_12-11-117-14-44-18.jpg
Screenshot_ginetta_supercup2017_rhd_ks_brands_hatch_12-11-117-14-43-57.jpg
Screenshot_ginetta_supercup2017_rhd_ks_brands_hatch_12-11-117-14-42-31.jpg
Screenshot_ginetta_supercup2017_rhd_ks_brands_hatch_12-11-117-14-42-16.jpg

Just a quick update.

There is / was a problem with the LODS with the Ginetta, and Dreamer is working on them.

Seat - Obviously I had a massive issue with the suspension, which I have now fixed, but when I did a speed compare with the Eurocup, I noticed that the Eurocup was around 2 secs faster....

Looking back, I found that the Eurocup had 0.4 boost and the turbo / wastegate did nothing where as the TCR had 0.135 and the wastegate did it's job.

So I have fixed the Eurocup. There is lots of other differences,weight, power/torque, revs, so the Eurocup "should" be slower.

I said I won't update the Eurocup, but I think I have to now.

Shaun

I said I won't update the Eurocup, but I think I have to now.

Shaun

Talking about the Eurocup, by accident I stumbled upon a weird thing about its gearbox. Generally it's faster to use very high gears through the corners, and in some places the fastest way is to even skip gears completely. I'm not too sure if it should be like that, and there might be something to be looked at or improved too.

In my video below, the first lap is the fastest lap of the whole week in SRS. You can see that I achieved it by never going below 4th gear, shifting up incredibly early and going straight from 4th to 6th at the exit of Club corner. It's not a massive gain, but doing this definitely gains atleast some hundredths, or even a tenth over a lap compared to driving "normally."

Anyway, thanks so much for your work on this. It's an absolute blast to race nonetheless!

@lero_93 Thank you for you comments and you are correct. This is because the Wastegate does nada, nothing at all, so the turbo goes to max boost and stays there no matter what gear, what revs, which we all know, doesn't happen in real life. There is a point that the turbo says "enough is enough" and the wastgate kicks in and the whole power / torque levels drop. This doesn't happen in the Eurocup, and again, like I have said, it's a learning curve for me.

This car needs some updating, but not a lot actually. It is really good for its "age" just some tweaks needed, that I have learnt working on other cars and although I said I won't update it, due to the TCR version I have been working on, this is such a popular mod, used by lots of leagues, so will get this updated as soon as I can.

Shaun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back