AC Friendly Event: Audi TT Cup @ Silverstone GP (Live Stream) - Wed 26/07/17

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
audi-sport-tt-cup-assetto-corsa-rookies-race-jpg.194123

Time for something different - 2 ... introducing the next big thing in our Friendly Events, the brand new Audi Sport TT Cup machine,

Wait? What is this?

For this event you need absolutely nothing special. A copy of Assetto Corsa, keyboard, console controller, or steering wheel it's all fine. Today we are going to focus on getting you on the online track (for the first time) and giving you a great experience and making you a better driver.

Make sure to be on time for the extended practice session and have teamspeak installed and be with us for the full length of the event. This is the longest session of almost an hour to get familiar with the car and the track. That's right, you don't need to practice offline first. You can come by fully unprepared :)

After practice we skip to qualification to decide the racing order and do a short fun race of only 30 minutes so everybody can return to their wives, girlfriends, mom in time.

Who can join?
All premium members using their full REAL NAME in the forum, servers and teamspeak

can sign up for this event and a maximum of two servers available for this event.
Sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge!

Not a premium member yet but interested to race with our group of friendly drivers?
Click here for more information and learn how you can participate as well.

Server and Teamspeak Password: click here (TEAMSPEAK IS MANDATORY)
Teamspeak Installation Guide: click here
(Handy guide to setup teamspeak)
Tracks, Cars, Apps Installation Guide: click here (Handy guide to install non AC content)
Racing Club Rules: click here
Incident Reporting: click here

Server Name:

• RACEDEPARTMENT.COM EU TT Cup #4 (server 1 entry list) Active
  • RACEDEPARTMENT.COM EU #5 (server 2 entry list) 10 or more drivers required to run a second server

Cars: Audi Sport TT Cup (Ready to Race DLC Required)
Track:Silverstone GP (5901m) (24)

Fixed Setup: Default,(tire pressure,Brake bias,Compound and Fuel open, )
Driving Assists: Factory ABS, Factory TC
P2P : You need to map a button to the KERS to get it to function.
Jump Start: = teleport to pits This car does NOT have a clutch, you must start the race in neutral and shift when the lights are go
App: Helicorsa 0.6 Download
App:
ACRL Fuel 1.2 Download
Assetto Corsa Car Setup Directory

Practice: 19:00 GMT (30 minutes)*
Qualifying: 19:30 GMT (30 minutes)
Race: 20:00 GMT (30 minutes)

*Note that daylight savings are active. 19:00 GMT = 20:00 BST = 21:00 CEST.

Entry List server 1

1. Eddy Ask me anything in teamspeak
  2. Paul Glover
  3. dalehyland
  4. Lucanus69
  5. RobCross
  6. Des Bain
  7. Joseph Wright live stream
  8. Kek700
  9. Schwud Nelsh
  10. HO7DOG
  11. Casper Hougaard
  12. BrianUK
  13. Jools Atkinson
  14. TheStig1458
  15. sanguinerose1985
  16. hape
  17. PsychOXRat
  18. stubbsey
  19. Andy Jackson
  20. BigPoppa_C
  21. GP20
  22. ARG1980
  23. Geof
  24. Manuel Alves
UTP #62 RW

Reserves:
  1. Mr AlcoN
  2. Rupe Wilson
  3. kamackeris

Push to Pass (P2P) - the Kers button makes this work.
The Audi TT cup car uses the 2.0 TFSI from the Audi TTS. The four-cylinder engine delivers 228kW (310hp) in the production model and accelerates the TTS from 0 to 100km/h in 4.7 seconds. By means of a so-called Push-to-pass function, the drivers can briefly boost the engine's output by 22kW (30hp) for overtaking manoeuvres by pushing a button on the steering wheel. A blue lamp in the windshield indicates the boost activation. LEDs in the rear side windows show how many times the driver can still use the additional power. The number of available boosts is defined by the regulations.

Power is transmitted to the front wheels via a direct-shift dual-clutch transmission. The six-speed S tronic, which has been specifically tuned for use in racing, is operated by shift paddles on the steering wheel. Accordingly, the Audi TT cup only has two pedals, used for acceleration and braking.

Please note:
As it was pointed out, Brake Bias can be adjusted on the wheel even though its locked in the set up section, So it will now be also adjustable in the set up section also.

Last edited:
I'm in please, that was a lot of fun!
In. But this time, when I'll hear any weird noise from a person that don't use "push to talk" I will mute You all! :D
Sign me up please @Rupe Wilson
Yes please
In for a Spin!!!!
Im in as a broadcaster! Silverstone is one of my favourite spectator circuit (as a British Motorsport Fan), so I'm all for commentating this one :thumbsup:
I'll give it a go
Sign me up!

Adding you all now :)

last week race report
please have a look through and read it make sure you do not fall into this category again

I have just spent a good few hours along with other staff looking at last Wednesdays nights race in the Audi tt cup car. and for the most it was pretty good but at times the driving was let down by a few drivers, being overly aggressive, braking the Golden Rule and not obeying track limits.

• Track limits

so ill make it quite simple for us all, here is a couple of pictures of where it was abused most
acs_2017_07_21_01_06_46_556-jpg.202740
acs_2017_07_21_01_09_15_733-jpg.202741

as you can see more than 2 wheels over the white line
And here is a vid made by a staff member to illustrate the extent of the problem in on corner,
if your name pops up in the vid shame on you you have now been officially warned.

Now i hope i don't need to go through the replay and check again who is abusing our rules for the sake of a faster lap time.. lift of the gas if your out of bounds plain and simple. if you don't do this and i will intervene if needed, and you wont like it.

• Golden Rule
its quite simple.
Then the driver has two options when contact is made.
  1. Be 100% sure it's not his fault and just carry on like nothing happened and take the risk of being banned for 30 days.
  2. Play on the safe side and wait for the affected drivers, knowing 100% sure you will not get banned.

• First Corner
We all know Monza so take it easy in the first corner on the first lap, Do not alter your line in the breaking zone, if you are on the left side of the track stick to it, do not suddenly swap over, if there is a problem you have to take it easy, do not and i repeat don not just carry on at race speed and add to the problem,
Brake early and remember the cars around you need room just like you need room.
here is a vid of the first corner you can see the issues arise as it happens. one car changing lane and the car behind then not having enough space to brake.. the cars behind not getting on the brakes in time to slow down.
we then have cars bashing there way through the carnage breaking the golden rule.
all very untidy and not necessary.

• Overtaking
plain and simple if there is a left hand bend, do not drive up the left side of the track to turn left, you need to be as far right as possible, use your heads if the pass is not on pull back and try again. later.
A driver can only attempt a pass when there is room for it and when the chance is reasonably high that it becomes successful without heavy contact. On road courses this means that the overtaking car must be able to get a significant overlap** with the defending car before they get to the point of turn-in for a corner. On ovals any bit of overlap is enough to claim space.
** "Significant overlap" is defined as the attacking car having any portion of it's front wheels in-line with any portion of the defending car's rear wheels. Any less than this, and the defending car will not be obliged to leave room.

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 95 18.7%
  • €151-500

Votes: 136 26.8%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 87 17.2%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 44 8.7%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 50 9.9%
  • €3001-5000