AC Friendly Event: Audi TT Cup @ Nurburgring GP- Wed 28/06/17

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
audi-sport-tt-cup-assetto-corsa-rookies-race-jpg.194123

Time for something different - 2 ... introducing the next big thing in our Friendly Events, the brand new Audi Sport TT Cup machine,

Wait? What is this?

For this event you need absolutely nothing special. A copy of Assetto Corsa, keyboard, console controller, or steering wheel it's all fine. Today we are going to focus on getting you on the online track (for the first time) and giving you a great experience and making you a better driver.

Make sure to be on time for the extended practice session and have teamspeak installed and be with us for the full length of the event. This is the longest session of almost an hour to get familiar with the car and the track. That's right, you don't need to practice offline first. You can come by fully unprepared :)

After practice we skip to qualification to decide the racing order and do a short fun race of only 30 minutes so everybody can return to their wives, girlfriends, mom in time.

Who can join?
All premium members using their REAL NAME in the forum, servers and teamspeak

can sign up for this event and a maximum of two servers available for this event.
Sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge!

Not a premium member yet but interested to race with our group of friendly drivers?
Click here for more information and learn how you can participate as well.

Server and Teamspeak Password: click here (TEAMSPEAK IS MANDATORY)
Teamspeak Installation Guide: click here
(Handy guide to setup teamspeak)
Tracks, Cars, Apps Installation Guide: click here (Handy guide to install non AC content)
Racing Club Rules: click here

Server Name:

• RACEDEPARTMENT.COM EU TT Cup #4 (server 1 entry list) ACTIVE
  • RACEDEPARTMENT.COM EU #5 (server 2 entry list) 10 or more drivers required to run a second server

Cars: Audi Sport TT Cup (Ready to Race DLC Required)
Track: Nurburgring GP (5148m) (24)

Fixed Setup: Default,(tire pressure, compound and fuel open)
Driving Assists: Factory ABS, Factory TC
P2P : You need to map a button to the KERS to get it to function.
Jump Start: = teleport to pits
Recommended App: Helicorsa 0.6 Download

Practice: 19:00 GMT (30 minutes)*
Qualifying: 19:30 GMT (30 minutes)
Race: 20:00 GMT (30 minutes)

*Note that daylight savings are active. 19:00 GMT = 20:00 BST = 21:00 CEST.

Entry List

1. Rupe wilson (ask me anything)
  2. RasmusP
  3. Eddy_J1
  4. Lucanus69
  5. nockel
  6. Des Bain
  7. Neilski
  8. Schwud Nelsh
  9. Simon Lind
  10. Lucas Gerlach
  11. Nuno Aparicio
  12. Bliv AK
  13. Kek700
  14. m_mirk
  15. Paul Glover
  16. PfzFantaribo
  17. Rafael Cordoba
  18. Dimis
  19. Ryan van Wyk
  20. kamackeris
  21. BrianUK
  22. Red_Falcon
  23. BigPoppa_C
  24. matt bosch
UTP#72 RW

Reserves:

• Brendan McVeigh
  • Joe Cannarozzo
  • Jannik_1986

Push to Pass (P2P) - the Kers button makes this work.
The Audi TT cup car uses the 2.0 TFSI from the Audi TTS. The four-cylinder engine delivers 228kW (310hp) in the production model and accelerates the TTS from 0 to 100km/h in 4.7 seconds. By means of a so-called Push-to-pass function, the drivers can briefly boost the engine's output by 22kW (30hp) for overtaking manoeuvres by pushing a button on the steering wheel. A blue lamp in the windshield indicates the boost activation. LEDs in the rear side windows show how many times the driver can still use the additional power. The number of available boosts is defined by the regulations.

Power is transmitted to the front wheels via a direct-shift dual-clutch transmission. The six-speed S tronic, which has been specifically tuned for use in racing, is operated by shift paddles on the steering wheel. Accordingly, the Audi TT cup only has two pedals, used for acceleration and braking.

Last edited:
I advise all drivers to have this App
Version 0.6 Apr 3, 2016

Click ME for direct link

title_small-jpg.81406

Installation
Download the the zip file attached to this post. Extract/unzip the content to your assettocorsa directory, e.g. in Steam\SteamApps\common\assettocorsa
The content will extract itself to app\python\helicorsa (for the app) and content\gui\icons (for the icons).
You can overwrite older version without problem.

Now start assetto corsa and enable the 'helicorsa' app in the settings/general:
upload_2015-2-3_23-49-14-png.81413

Then start a session. Once you sit in the cockpit, move the mouse to the right in order to show the app sidebar. Scroll down until you find this symbol
upload_2015-2-3_1-5-38-png.81414

and click it. You will notice a window will show up, drag it wherever you want to start out. You will notice it will vanish after 5 seconds (you can still drag it). If you have problems to find it, just hide and re-show the app via the sidebar.
It will remain completly unvisible until you are moving, and there's a nearby car (also moving) - short: it will only be there if needed.

Hint: If it doesn't vanish after you moved the window around, re-open it again. It won't do this next time you start the game.

If your still unsure please see our instruction video or give me a shout.
Tracks, Cars, Apps Installation Guide: click here (Handy guide to install non AC content)

Last edited:
singing you up now

Please remember to use real name (not razor1301) when entering teamspeak or a RD server. even if your just there to practice, :)

Who can join?
All premium members using real names in the forum, servers and tspeak
can sign up for this event and we have unlimited slots available so make sure to bring a friend. Sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge!

I have addidtional wish to all of the folks on TS.
PLEASE USE "PUSH TO TALK" IN TS OPTIONS.
Not "Voice activation", because to many times the mic turn on when you all fight with the wheel or "intensively" breath. I do not want to mention other weird noises. :D

This makes "focus mode" harder to activate, and I don't want to mute everybody! :p

RasmusP

Premium
I have addidtional wish to all of the folks on TS.
PLEASE USE "PUSH TO TALK" IN TS OPTIONS.
Not "Voice activation", because to many times the mic turn on when you all fight with the wheel or "intensively" breath. I do not want to mention other weird noises. :D

This makes "focus mode" harder to activate, and I don't want to mute everybody! :p
I agree! It can be quite disturbing haha
My solution for that: I use a mic arm that is mounted on my table (wheel is on a wheel stand, no vibrations to the mic) and the mic is on the side of my head, pointed to my mouth and away from the wheel.
To trigger the voice activation I have to speak really loud. Works perfectly :)

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 92 19.1%
  • €151-500

Votes: 127 26.4%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 84 17.5%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 42 8.7%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 48 10.0%
  • €3001-5000