AC Friendly Event: Audi TT Cup @ Nurburgring GP- Wed 28/06/17

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Thank you for the race guys!
Big sorry @Paul Glover ! !:thumbsdown:
And a sorry @Joe Cannarozzo for cutting you at one of the earlier laps.:inlove:
I was really surprised with the 40 seconds before race start. Didn't get into place fast enough and got a penalty... Starting from pits instead P10 and wanted a bit too much during race.:unsure:
Learnt my lesson! :ninja:

Had fun though for another night and I am seeing forward to next week! :)

Btw, if someone asks You how friendly events look like:
4816_3677.gif

Had a great race, especially last 10 minutes against Rupe Wilson he made a small mistake i caught up
i made a small mistake he got away it must have happened sometimes twice in a lap.
Most enjoyable.
:thumbsup:

Thanks for the friendly race everybody.
After somebody came for a kiss in the dunlop hairpin during lap 1 and gave me sandbagging duty, i had my work cut out for me. started 12th and finished 12th can't complain to much.
i had one or two small contacts with another driver. but we managed to battle on with out much fuzz. a sry anyway if it gave you any discomfort. i try to race as clean as possible.

looking forwards to the next one.

First of all, thanks to everybody for the friendly Race!

As a Guy who has clocked over 300 hours in Assetto Corsa and only raced on Public Servers before, i wanted to share my experience:

In Practice and Qualifying, i was quite competitive (more than i expected), always in the Top 5 or 6.

In the End i ended up on P6 in Qualifying, which was better, than i ever expected for my first Club Race.

Now to the Race: Starting from P6, i was extremely cautious at the Start, as Turn 1 at the Nurburgring is a place where it can get "messy" in a hurry ,) I have to say, maybe i was to cautious, as i dropped 3 places to P9

Unfortunately, i never had the pace in the Race (for whatever reason) to keep up with the Top 8 Guys, so i ended up driving most of the Race against myself. With 7 Minutes left, my Tyres started to fall apart and i was sliding around like crazy, which resulted in an hopeless attempt to keep P9 against Schwud Nelsh. (Should have used the Hard Tyres :p)

So, i ended up in P10, somewhat "disappointing" after starting P6 but for my first Club Race, that was to be expected.

Anyway, i had a lot of fun and it shows, even after 300 hours in AC, i still have quite a lot to learn, which motivates me even more to become a better/faster Driver!

I will definitely be back for more, starting Sunday with the GT3 Race @ Imola :)

See you on Track guys

is there any app that tells you when you tyres are "falling apart"?
Yupp! The standard tyre app has some "using" next to the temperatureAC_Tyre_Usage.JPG
It starts at "full" and moves down. The Screenshot is during testing the softs in the Mclaren 650s GT3 @Nordschleife. Spun three times and they were GONE. I think you start to feel the Tyre wear already at 90%. The screenshot is around 70% and it felt REALLY slippery!
I took the hard compound in the last Audi TT events because when I tested lap times they were only about 0.200s slower on their FIRST lap! After 3 Laps they were the same as the mediums and while all drivers on medium got slower till the end of the race, I could still beat my personal best on the hards :)
Maybe I wrote a bit too much but why not :whistling:

Last edited:
I took the hard compound in the last Audi TT events because when I tested lap times they were only about 0.200s slower on their FIRST lap! After 3 Laps they were the same as the mediums and while all drivers on medium got slower till the end of the race, I could still beat my personal best on the hards :)
Maybe I wrote a bit too much but why not :whistling:

I remember it very clearly with the race at Mugello. Mediums were falling apart after 2/3 of that particular race and I got overtaken by hards :D. The pace difference of these two compounds on that car will lead to hards being a no brainer for +15 minutes races

Ofcourse that depends a lot on your driving style, but I've choosed mediums and didn't have any problems with them while keeping the race pace in first 8th. But if the race would be like 45 minutes or more I would change them.

while all drivers on medium got slower till the end of the race
Nah, I set my best lap of the race at about 80% of race distance on mediums at Nurb...
Edit: and then Lorcan snatched the fastest lap from me on lap 13 of 14! (I suspect P2P was involved but still, the tyres weren't so bad.)

Last edited:
Hey guys,
a bit late but maybe you are interested in this thread (if you didn't see it already):
http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/help-audi-tt-cup-understeer.137655/page-2#post-2515644

Link is the latest post where I did a little "summary" of how to get faster in the Audi TT. Maybe you are having the same problems, maybe you can give further advice :)

Just to be sure: I don't want to "advertise" my thread in any way! It's only a hint and maybe a little push to get us into a good discussion about our beloved (and maybe hated) car :inlove:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back