Cars Formula RSS 4 by Race Sim Studio

Oh yeah yeah because of the real life sponsors and this being a payware stuff i got it. It's not up yet but i got why it's not included. The included app is real nice too btw. Kudos to @Topuz
We have full permission from team Fortec , have all the emails ,
but with it having so many logos from real branding , just not 100% if permission extends that far ,
without digging a mile deep into it ,
simply best just to share the work right here with the community :)

Oh dude where are the fortec liveries? Those were the best.
fortec_011.jpg

They are racing to the upload right now! ;)

The car is awesome:) The sound is it the real sound of the Ford 1.6 l ecoboost which british f4 uses because in the videos it sounds different or is it the sound of another engine?

The car is awesome:) The sound is it the real sound of the Ford 1.6 l ecoboost which british f4 uses because in the videos it sounds different or is it the sound of another engine?
Exterior sound is that very engine, with two layers. Interior is a composite of this engine and another 4-cylinder as high quality references were scarce, and I had a bit of freedom to have fun.

Evening all,

As you might know, I am very passionate about UK motorsports and when I heard that RSS was doing their version of the F4, yes I had a premature orgasm, I will be honest. I thought British F4, like @Alex Rächl above. As soon as I saw this was available, I was click click download, as you can imagine. Now I didn't just give this a quick test, I spent almost 4hrs on different tracks (mods and Original Content) to really give it some beef, and I have spoken to @chargingcar (Scott) about this in PM, and it has now become my understanding that this is based on the Aussie Series, which explains and answer's a few things to me. But after hours of testing, this is what I wrote to Scott.
Evening all,

Well after spending almost 4 hours on it now, and a video uploading as I type, I would like to give you this feedback. As you know, I follow, and involved with the TOCA package, get to speak to all walks of life, got to meet Billy Monger himself and as you have seen, with my Ginetta, I ask a hell a lot of questions.

Now with this in mind, and being an open mind, I know this is NOT based on the British F4, but as all the F4 are "close" I took this stance.

So in no particular order:

1) Turbo / Waste Gate / Dump Value sound - Really? This does not exist in any Formula F4, and I will be honest, it kills the whole sounds, in what I think, everything else sound wise is amazing. The way the car sounds when it bounces off the rev limiter, changing gear, through the range, amazing, but that wabble really kills it. When I first heard it I was like, WTF, was that my TV in then background.

Apart from that, the sounds are spot on, very very well done !!!

2) Aerodynamics - Why have you started with a negative front wing? These run a standard +2 Angle with a +1 / -1 settings, no matter what country, so it should be 0 wing to +4

When I manually changed this, the car had so much understeer, so I changed the rear wing, and this made no difference. So I put it back to -2 front, and tried all the different settings of the rear wing, right up to 6, the Maximum and again, it made no difference. It didn't grip any more or slow me down. Also the rear wing, the settings should be 0 - 7 as they have 7 levels of settings on the rear wing.

3) Brakes
Sorry I did open your ACD file as I could not figure it out, but your brake torque is to low. These cars brake on a penny, and very very easily lock-up. The brake torque (depending on what team you speak to ) push around 2300 - 2500 with a 56/57% at the front for the BIAS.

4) Engine Power @ Start
These cars pull some serious power from a standing start, produce loads of wheel spin, if not controlled correctly, but your car, just bogs down, and pulls away like there is Traction Control engaged. If need more get up and go from the word go, not "naa can't be bothered to move"

Apart from these very small things this is fantastic and I really really enjoyed it and I will take my hat off to your all. Please please don't take this as negative.

Regards

Shaun

Like I said, since speaking to Scott, and him giving me REF videos, this is clearly based on the Aussie F4, where I gave REF videos of the ADAC, USA, British F4 that don't have that Supra Fan wetting himself blow off sound.

Like I said above, saying that, it's brilliant, but needs some tweaking

Shaun

Evening all,

As you might know, I am very passionate about UK motorsports and when I heard that RSS was doing their version of the F4, yes I had a premature orgasm, I will be honest. I thought British F4, like @Alex Rächl above. As soon as I saw this was available, I was click click download, as you can imagine. Now I didn't just give this a quick test, I spent almost 4hrs on different tracks (mods and Original Content) to really give it some beef, and I have spoken to @chargingcar (Scott) about this in PM, and it has now become my understanding that this is based on the Aussie Series, which explains and answer's a few things to me. But after hours of testing, this is what I wrote to Scott.

Like I said, since speaking to Scott, and him giving me REF videos, this is clearly based on the Aussie F4, where I gave REF videos of the ADAC, USA, British F4 that don't have that Supra Fan wetting himself blow off sound.

Like I said above, saying that, it's brilliant, but needs some tweaking

Shaun
I never inferred we had based the car on any specific country ,
I make 3D I made the chassis ,
If you need facts I suggest ask @NeverKrash @David Dominguez
dfa613a12140959fc6164771a21d3be5.png

me
c8959b5dda18814271e174dd1d1dcb94.png

this is clearly based on the Aussie F4
Sounds, partially, yes. Car as a whole, no.

It's ultimately a Formula RSS 4 mod, not a British, ADAC, USA, Australian mod. As I always mention, I do not put a box around creative freedom I'd like to achieve with my sounds unless the build is to a specific car. In the same way I layered a v12 in the undertone of the Formula Hybrid 2017, it doesn't mean the rest of the team based the car on a v12 variant. It's just me doing what I do best and modding freely and not being restricted.

I never inferred we had based the car on any specific country ,
c8959b5dda18814271e174dd1d1dcb94.png

Oh for crying out loud, no F4 car even a Fiesta has a blow off valve (unless modified) has that sort of sound. I have explained this in a PM to you, and I have will explain again.

I have been standing next to them, when they have fired up, when they go to Collection area and even been on the put wall when the fly past and also when the lights go green.

You have created a very "shady" F4 Mod, you say its not based on any series, but yet you sent me videos about the Aussie series to show me the "blow off sounds" so this is based on something.

Just come out and say something and be honest, as people are paying for this....

What is it based on?
Where did you get your information from?

Oh for crying out loud, no F4 car even a Fiesta has a blow off valve (unless modified) has that sort of sound. I have explained this in a PM to you, and I have will explain again.

I have been standing next to them, when they have fired up, when they go to Collection area and even been on the put wall when the fly past and also when the lights go green.

You have created a very "shady" F4 Mod, you say its not based on any series, but yet you sent me videos about the Aussie series to show me the "blow off sounds" so this is based on something.

Just come out and say something and be honest, as people are paying for this....

What is it based on?
I sent videos on sound man , nothing else ,
and I am sure if you go back to the start on the thread , we clearly expressed it wasnt based on F4 ,
Its an RSS4 , nothing more nothing less .

Relax , all is good in the world :)

Now I wanna drive that thing on this mega boring Mexican track.. hahaha

Thank god for F1 conversions :whistling::roflmao:

What is it based on?

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.