Cars Formula RSS 4 by Race Sim Studio

New update for the Rich Energy F4 Team:
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/rich-energy-f4-team-2019-formula-rss-4-4k-2k.25730/
rss4_re_036.jpg
rss4_re_037.jpg
rss4_re_038.jpg

Hey guys I need some advice:

- I seem to be losing control of the car off-throttle in direction changes, what can I do/improve in my driving technique or setup to remedy this?

- what does a negative wing angle mean?

Hey guys I need some advice:

- I seem to be losing control of the car off-throttle in direction changes, what can I do/improve in my driving technique or setup to remedy this?

- what does a negative wing angle mean?
Don't lift off all the way in high speed direction changes. When you lift off all the way the diff opens up and the car wants to rotate a lot more. staying very lightly on the gas will keep the diff semi locked and the car wont want to turn as much.

Negative wing is exactly what it says on the tin. Front leading edge is higher than the rear trailing edge. It will still produce downforce as long as the underside rear of the wing is producing some sort of up wash. Generally it isn't very efficient and you don't loose that much drag for the downforce loss but in spec series like F4 where you have too much rear aero anyway you tend to see it being ran to both help high speed understeer and top end speed. The only other example I can think of is in the modern spec era of IndyCar, teams tend to run negative wing angle at the Indy 500 just to cut as much drag as possible for quali.

Attachments

• Wing Demo.png
    Wing Demo.png
    58 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
Don't lift off all the way in high speed direction changes. When you lift off all the way the diff opens up and the car wants to rotate a lot more. staying very lightly on the gas will keep the diff semi locked and the car wont want to turn as much.

Negative wing is exactly what it says on the tin. Front leading edge is higher than the rear trailing edge. It will still produce downforce as long as the underside rear of the wing is producing some sort of up wash. Generally it isn't very efficient and you don't loose that much drag for the downforce loss but in spec series like F4 where you have too much rear aero anyway you tend to see it being ran to both help high speed understeer and top end speed. The only other example I can think of is in the modern spec era of IndyCar, teams tend to run negative wing angle at the Indy 500 just to cut as much drag as possible for quali.
Thank you mate!

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back