Cars Ford Transit 2005 (WIP)

Well the goal is to get it out at least before ACC releases (v1, not EA, gotta give myself a chance!).

Would be a total fail if - the game that got me modelling in the first place - is obsolete before I finish it!

Great work on the dashboard mate... I really think you should put a donate link on some of your mods... Was just going to send you a beer... as a down payment on a Transit :D
Plus us modders have to keep cool in this awesome weather :cool:

Would be a total fail if - the game that got me modelling in the first place - is obsolete before I finish it!
I think "obsolete" is a rather strong way of putting it. There's still loads of cars (although currently not a transit) and tracks, modders are producing better and better stuff in both departments. The game still works as it did and like GTR2 and Race07 there's no reason why it can't continue to be enjoyed for some time to come.

I think "obsolete" is a rather strong way of putting it. There's still loads of cars (although currently not a transit) and tracks, modders are producing better and better stuff in both departments. The game still works as it did and like GTR2 and Race07 there's no reason why it can't continue to be enjoyed for some time to come.
Haha, yeah it was a bit of an exaggeration, but I'd still loathe to see Kunos complete a whole new game in the time it took me to not finish a van :)

That really is a beautiful thing Gary :)
Just needs a crusty dried pool of spilled coffee in the cupholder and we're good to go!

Still looking forward to getting my hands on this badboy, can't wait to take it to the nordschleife.

Int materials split and unwrapped, just gotta pack them together and start baking. Been a long few years I've been waiting to see this thing baked up :)

unknown.png

First test bake done, just 1k for now, may go 2k final depending on how much space I have to play with. Few areas look a little low res but being darker plastics it may not be so noticeable.
Great to finally see something other than flat grey for once though! :)

K2hDfyNh.jpg

DPXEGX8h.jpg

y5nxuU6h.jpg

PEObd9oh.jpg

LfMP2Efh.jpg

OeNtcX8h.jpg

eMaF1z0h.jpg

3uBOgImh.jpg

Reworked the instrument cluster texture, gauges all running nicely. That mileage is the most up to date mileage (83012 miles if you can't read it) (2018 MOT, which was a fail...), so pretty new for a van really.
Still need to get them to light up next.

J2NDEmTh.jpg

5nPSgi7h.jpg

Reworked the instrument cluster texture, gauges all running nicely. That mileage is the most up to date mileage (83012 miles if you can't read it) (2018 MOT, which was a fail...), so pretty new for a van really.
Still need to get them to light up next.

J2NDEmTh.jpg

5nPSgi7h.jpg

Disappointing. You sooo missed an opportunity to make the mileage 80085. :laugh::laugh:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.