F1 2011 First impressions after playing the game

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
Well just finished my first race with Force India. Let me just say the new suspension system is a handful to get used to. I lost a front wing twice in practice. Lets just say if you activate DRS don't do it at a wrong spot or you'll pull a Maldonado and spin out.

So far managing KERS and DRS is tricky in practice and qualy. At no point was I within a second in the race but I qualified 18th and finished 12th meeting my objective.

The graphics don't appear that much better and the washout effect is kinda odd. Modders will fix that I'm sure fast enough.

Career mode is now managed with a laptop and no more ugly lady... Helmets are going to have to be modded in again.

No Senna for Renault.

Fuel mixture is kind of a neat addition and my gas light came on during the second to last lap and I was not in a position to gain a position so I just turned it back to normal.

Engineer seems like he barely talks at all now. To early to tell if this is good or bad. Seems like all sector times are good in qualy.

Massa was pole along with Button and Petrov. Vettell was an embarrassing 14th.

Any other questions let me know.

Also I'm playing with 20%

The body roll is excessive. Devs went overboard with giving the player a "feel for the weight of the car". The cars now "feel" twice as heavy as they probably should. Feels more like R2 cars in Forza.
But I like everything else. Rolling into/out of corners is much better than 2010.

Disappointed with the handling, or at least the way it feels with my G27. Can't believe I'm saying this but FFB felt better and steering less vague with my old MS Wheel on F1 '10 :(

g27

Disappointed with the handling, or at least the way it feels with my G27. Can't believe I'm saying this but FFB felt better and steering less vague with my old MS Wheel on F1 '10 :(

I had to scale back steering saturation and linearity on my G27/PS3 to get it to feel good. Didn't have any centering probs. Im sure i'll be tweaking more.

absolutely stunning game this year I love it :x
I'm racing for Williams in Career mode and just had a fantastic Quali
My first run in Q3 was 18:9xx and I was ducked down to 4th place LOL
then 5 mins left, I changed the Fuel to Rich mix and 3 laps, then a final run in Q3 gave me 1st place with 18:487 with the Legend AI 0.1sec behind:))
I feel it really REAL, fantastic job CM :D

I'm on race 2 (KL) in carreer, struggled a bit at Melbourne but KL is a blast!! The handling improvements really shine in turns like turn one, the double right and the final turn (names?). I had them nailed in just a couple of laps. Medium speed and slow turns are going to be a real joy in this year's game. I'm still all over the place on the faster turns where the car seems to become weightless and start to slide. weeeEEEeeeee

i just bought it, i miss the OSD, font, layout of 2010. i dont like the style of this years one... i think they have taken a step back from last years... i liked the plain helvetica font in a matte backdrop. this one looks too glossy, and the rev counter sucks (in pod camera mode). i dont want it, and i dont need it.

i like the game so far...good controls....graphics are not better .i hoped they were...
only in 2010 i could choose a quik set up and tweak it from there...because i'm not that good in alligment an balance things...
now if you choose a quik set up and you go to the set up in your monitor everything is set in neutral...big dissapointment.
with kers and drs its fun but i use a g25 and have only 2 buttons on the wheel....normally i had camera change and look back assigned to them now the drs and kers.
when i want to look back i have to reach my gearshiftholder and that's tricky:redface:
if i want to race fair i want to see who is behind and where he is...but hey....that's my problem...i have to update to the g27 one day...
and maybe find a realistic f1 wheel....
greetz from
magic-knight.nl

I really suck at this game LOL! I have it for the PS3. Maybe i'm not meant to drive F1 cars lol!. Hey I know, maybe the game is so good that it senses that a Japanese person is playing and seeing that they are not the most sucsessfull drivers in F1 it makes me drive poorly:tongue::D roflmao! ha ha ha ha ha!:wink: I'm just kidding around it is a great game and i really like it, i just need practice. Does anyone find the DRS tricky to use?

drs

not that difficult as long as u dont do any sharp turns , which i stupidly tried and done a full 360 spin lol , seems to be easier game than 2010 imo anyway , i feel i can keep up with most people , maybe they not got the correct setup yet , still get the non brakers in turn 1 tho , whats the point in buying a game just for to crash people in the first turn lol

As far as DRS is concerned, I find if I turn the wheel more than say, 15 degrees, it "spins me right round". In practices you can get away with it going into corners you would just down shift w/o buy just lightly tapping the break... or hitting the button again. But my monkey brain doesn't like that and it plays havoc with my shifting so I just apply the slightest touch to the break.

this game has made me realise how much the Tilke designed tracks really suck, and that f1 cars and drivers need real tracks to race on. more Spa, more Nurburgrings, and more Suzukas.

Bahrain has gone for this year! yipeee!

DRS and KERS are awesome. i love how you can actually see your tyre situation, i just wish you could have more control of your engine choices before you jump into the car, and lose a practice session.

and the Lotus Renault looks fantastic.

I really suck at this game LOL! I have it for the PS3. Maybe i'm not meant to drive F1 cars lol!. Hey I know, maybe the game is so good that it senses that a Japanese person is playing and seeing that they are not the most sucsessfull drivers in F1 it makes me drive poorly:tongue::D roflmao! ha ha ha ha ha!:wink: I'm just kidding around it is a great game and i really like it, i just need practice. Does anyone find the DRS tricky to use?
Don't be so hard on your countrymen! Kobayashi will be in a Ferrari within 4 years! ( I hope lol)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.