F1 2011 First impressions after playing the game

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
Well just finished my first race with Force India. Let me just say the new suspension system is a handful to get used to. I lost a front wing twice in practice. Lets just say if you activate DRS don't do it at a wrong spot or you'll pull a Maldonado and spin out.

So far managing KERS and DRS is tricky in practice and qualy. At no point was I within a second in the race but I qualified 18th and finished 12th meeting my objective.

The graphics don't appear that much better and the washout effect is kinda odd. Modders will fix that I'm sure fast enough.

Career mode is now managed with a laptop and no more ugly lady... Helmets are going to have to be modded in again.

No Senna for Renault.

Fuel mixture is kind of a neat addition and my gas light came on during the second to last lap and I was not in a position to gain a position so I just turned it back to normal.

Engineer seems like he barely talks at all now. To early to tell if this is good or bad. Seems like all sector times are good in qualy.

Massa was pole along with Button and Petrov. Vettell was an embarrassing 14th.

Any other questions let me know.

Also I'm playing with 20%

has anyone noticed that as the dfficulty of the ai increases so do the in-race options you are allowed to use. For example im not a great driver nor am i a good driver but i bought the game because i am an F1 fan. This is my first codemasters game and only my second racing game. So natrually i use a racing line, traction control and auto gears. People may say i suck at racing and i shouldnt be playing the game but thats not the point. The point is on medium difficulty (what i play on) there is no in-race fuel type switching, or picking the set of tyres you want for a pit stop (in race). Also i can not adjust the amount of fuel i want in my car and there is no waer on my tyres during the race. I am only allowed to use drs and not kers and all of these just take away from the fact that i want to drive the best f1 simulation game out there. When i select medium difficulty i want that to effect the race pace or quali pace of the ai and not the in race settings i love to use. The fact is that codemasters is going to get racers of all skill levels who all demand the same realistic complexity of real f1 racing And by thaking away some of these amazing features has ruined all of my hopes and dreams for the game.

jsoccer9, what system are you running on? I'm on a PC, and you should be able to change all the settings on any difficulty level. At the top of the menu when you go to an event is the difficulty setting (Amateur, Intermediate, Professional, and Legend), if you click on the setting it will open the full choices menu, for example, tire wear, fuel use, etc. I hope this helps man, although I still find the game pretty disappointing :(

I wish they had a percentage scale for the AI, like the Race series does, I think there is too big a gap between each level.

I must say I'm very surprised of how good this game is.... I was at first very sceptical to buy this, but Codies seemed to learn alot from F1 2010.

The good:
1. The new tyre and fuel sim is great and much better than the old ones!
2. The gap and pace time/indicator is awesome!
3. The tyres picking up dirt and gras and going off the racing line.
4. Out of the box AI is MUCH MUCH MUCH better! I can actually drive Spain!
5. Car handling is much "lighter" and "quick on its feet"
6. Strategy plays a HUGE part.
7. Race engineer is actually a human... and not a broken record player.
8. Race Director option is cool and very important from a strategy point of view
9. GREAT that you can view your different lap times per sector! (I can see the S3 times, hallelujah!)
10. No more ugly lady for agent.

The bad:
1. Very difficult to spin the car (but that might be because of the assists I use)
2. Very little accidents... no safety car as yet.... (maybe that is a good thing?)
3. Lower FPS...
4. Race incidents on the Race Director screen is not very accurate.
5. Still not really living the live... Maybe more different questions...

First impressions of the game...not sure. Suppose if i had never played 2010 i would have picked 2011 up straight away but im struggling with it to be honest, having to run with tc on which i hardly used in 2010. I hoped they were gonna polish 2010 up a little, throw in a few nice touches and that would be that but they havent, it feels nothing like 2010 (before anyway says "it not meant ot be the same as 2010" i know that but they had such a great base to build on...so pipe down). Saying that it seems a great game, the grapics are stunning as is the noise! Im sure i will get to grips with it, cm will tidy the game up their end and it should be happy days :wink:

First impressions of the game...not sure. Suppose if i had never played 2010 i would have picked 2011 up straight away but im struggling with it to be honest, having to run with tc on which i hardly used in 2010. I hoped they were gonna polish 2010 up a little, throw in a few nice touches and that would be that but they havent, it feels nothing like 2010 (before anyway says "it not meant ot be the same as 2010" i know that but they had such a great base to build on...so pipe down). Saying that it seems a great game, the grapics are stunning as is the noise! Im sure i will get to grips with it, cm will tidy the game up their end and it should be happy days :wink:

Have to agree with you here. Difference is I could never use TC off in 2010, but because I've started from the beginning in 2011 i've learnt quite quickly. Setting up the cars is a big issue for me as I don't want to use the glitch setups but also don't want to be 4-5 seconds slower because I'm not cheating. If CM sort this out then F1 2011 will be as good as it should be.

First impression of the game:
After I installed the game, I jumped right into a Coop-Career with my mate. We both play with keyboard and all driving-helps set to on except the breaking assistance and set the KI to Legend.
In Australia we qualified 1st and 2nd with the Force India and finished 1st and 2nd. And this is where it gets weired or maybe where we got disappointed. In F1 2010 you couln'd win that easily with a moderate team like Force India with KI on legend. And we're both not that great driver ^^

So is this a bug or did CM make the "legend AI" this easy on purpose in a Coop-Career?

first impressions
I have both 2010 and now 2011
I just fixed my keyboard controls to my liking and did some testing in the Ferrari and then the race.
I tell you, is this the news seasons tyres, properly simulated? 'Cause its feels like I'm driving on soap powder in the rain!! Need to rethink my setups technique from 2010.
Also no sound ingame. Need to update some drivers or the like..
Very nice looking!!!

First impressions was:

-Brilliant and much much more greater handling, driving feeling, sounds and pyshics (Loved to see the front wing vibrating on kerbs)

-Ai... Nothing changed or is it me? Career; nothing changed again!

-Online looks more fluid. But had too many disconnections, i don't know why...

-Graphics are better. F1 2010 had a very yellowish screen. Even this one looks cartonish, still better.

-This kind of main menu is better imo.

-Damage is ridicilous, no change there! Also ai mechanical failures is not there! WHY?!

Over all thanks Codemasters, this game made me more hopeful for 2012 version :)

Just finished the first season in career with Williams, whom I'm driving for in the 2nd season as well because guess what? No offer from Red Bull after picking Vettel as my rival and easily beating him and winning the championship. This game just keeps getting worse.

After few days of testing I must admit I'm really disappointed about the handling which is simply ridiculous!
I know it's not a sim but it's even worse than a good arcade game like NFS! DiRT3 is from far much better!
And of course nothing to compare with a real simulation like rF or nKP!
I'm just waiting patiently rF2 now...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back