Ferrari 458 GT2 @ Spa-Francorchamps

Hopefully someone can help me out here. I am getting really frustrated. I've tried every setup on this thread, and I see everyone saying they are getting the 2:15's and 16's, yet I cant even get better than a 2:23...and I was lucky to get that. I know I'm not the best driver around, not even close, but it feels like I am pushing this car to the max without taking it off the track. Is there something I could be doing wrong? Thanks for any advice or suggestions

Hopefully someone can help me out here. I am getting really frustrated. I've tried every setup on this thread, and I see everyone saying they are getting the 2:15's and 16's, yet I cant even get better than a 2:23...and I was lucky to get that. I know I'm not the best driver around, not even close, but it feels like I am pushing this car to the max without taking it off the track. Is there something I could be doing wrong? Thanks for any advice or suggestions
Try pushing your car until you hear some loud sound from your tyres, that indicates you are on the grip limit, also watch some footage from youtube to check your braking points and apexes.

To get a good lap on a track like Spa, which is quite long, you need a lot of laps under your belt. Spa is a track of the old guard, there are long straights followed by medium difficulty series of corners then again long straights. It's Monza with more components and more woods :).

Sector one and three are where most drivers find difficulty since there are high stress points, ie. T1-hairpin that sets up for Eau Rouge and the uphill climb. Lose time here and you're easily ruining your lap. Sector three same thing with the chicane, brake too late early and a bad exit and a great lap is lost. Focus on exit speed, carrying too much speed into a corner too deep will ruin that. Get a setup/car that you feel puts the power down with little drama at the rear end. Mid engined cars are fast but they drive differently and can be more difficult to get a hold of.

It takes a minimum of 50+ laps to get acquainted with the track, then by car you can add more laps depending on its driveability out of the box. Give yourself time, it's a bad idea to take top time setting setups, plug them in and expect greatness. Your driving style might be different, the setup might change the attitude of the car to suit the original driver. There are more factors that can be listed.

In summary give yourself time, you will see improvement.

To get a good lap on a track like Spa, which is quite long, you need a lot of laps under your belt. Spa is a track of the old guard, there are long straights followed by medium difficulty series of corners then again long straights. It's Monza with more components and more woods :).

Sector one and three are where most drivers find difficulty since there are high stress points, ie. T1-hairpin that sets up for Eau Rouge and the uphill climb. Lose time here and you're easily ruining your lap. Sector three same thing with the chicane, brake too late early and a bad exit and a great lap is lost. Focus on exit speed, carrying too much speed into a corner too deep will ruin that. Get a setup/car that you feel puts the power down with little drama at the rear end. Mid engined cars are fast but they drive differently and can be more difficult to get a hold of.

It takes a minimum of 50+ laps to get acquainted with the track, then by car you can add more laps depending on its driveability out of the box. Give yourself time, it's a bad idea to take top time setting setups, plug them in and expect greatness. Your driving style might be different, the setup might change the attitude of the car to suit the original driver. There are more factors that can be listed.

In summary give yourself time, you will see improvement.

Thank you for the response. This is exactly what I was looking for. I've been putting a few laps in and I've definitely noticed a difference. One thing I also didn't think about was the force feedback on my wheel. I used the FFB app to figure it out and I had some major clipping that was throwing me off. I got it dialed in and have been setting new personal bests. Thank you for the response

FFB app?? Never set this up, is it a must?

Search google for FFBclip app. You should find a thread with a download link. After you download it you have to turn it on through options menu. Then go in game and drive for a few laps. You want to try to stay on track to get the most accurate feedback. Rumble strips and off track can throw off the ffb. Once the app has suggested a percentage go back in to the settings and adjust the gain and retry. Hopefully that helps

I was always thinking the same, doing amazing laps to then realize what i thought was amazing was only a 2:19 and others doing 2:16 or 2:17. did a 2:15 before but that was before the assetto update which changed tyres. Average now at 2:20, 2:21, lets hope this helps.

yeah what do i change, got a ffb should by 57%, hard clipping 16.3%, mild clipping 8.2%, what is it exactly that i need to change.

So right now the mild clipping should be in blue, and the hard clipping in red. Go to the options and change gain to 57%. Go back and run a few more laps and the mild and hard clipping should both be green. You want the percentages of those to be less than 2%

Ok my first try was 2 concectutive laps at 2:23,
did new settings at FFB Gain 57%, Hard clipping was 16.3% and Mild 8.2%, dis some laps with this, noticed the improvement of laps 2:22 running app again now its saying in green FFB should be 104%, hard clipping is in green and under 2% at 0.35% and mild is in blue at 0.38%, should mild not be green and shoould i really double my 57% gain back to 105%??

Ok my first try was 2 concectutive laps at 2:23,
did new settings at FFB Gain 57%, Hard clipping was 16.3% and Mild 8.2%, dis some laps with this, noticed the improvement of laps 2:22 running app again now its saying in green FFB should be 104%, hard clipping is in green and under 2% at 0.35% and mild is in blue at 0.38%, should mild not be green and shoould i really double my 57% gain back to 105%??
You want to leave it at the 57 and write that down for future reference. The app works on the gain originally being at 100. Now it's reading it at 57 and recommending you move it back to the 105. Just disregard that number and keep the 57. Now just need to do that for each car you want to use. I just leave mine on the screen so I always have a reference

Thanks dude, will do that 57% ferrari GT2, my best was a 2:19 but that was probaly with a different setting as I am only hitting 2:22 maxing out no curb clipping on perfect laps flat out so must be my car setup, thanks so much dude as on the current car-setup was averaging 2:24, 2:23, already gained 1 seond using this app, nice work mate, very informative.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back