Ferrari 458 GT2 @ Spa-Francorchamps

Race and qualifying setups, both made with stability in mind. New car update made the car a lot more stiff, so suspension required a lot of softening. Differential is also very locked to help with traction and snap oversteer. Use gears agressively to help with the braking. Ideal shifting point is around 7200rpm.

Pace is around low 2.17 for qualifying and low-mid 18 for the race. Although I believe a 2:16 is achievable with some time to get used to the car again:D.
If I only could deactivate the downshift protection...

Attachments

• MM F458_SPA v0.1.ini
    1.8 KB · Views: 1,680
  • MMQ F458_SPA v0.1.ini
    1.8 KB · Views: 1,540
Here is a lap around SPA with Ricardo77 setup:
The setup is amazing I just have adjusted the gear ratio. Big thank you, Ricardo77!

Even though I am not so bad on driving, but I am not good with setup. For my driving style the car oversteers and I can not fix it without loosing speed. I know principles of making setup, but have no success here. Maybe somebody could give me an advice?

Thanks Ricardo...!
I drove F488 GT3 before, around 2:22 and could not find the optimum setup for SPA... I've tried Ricardo77's with GT2 458... had to improve little gearshifts (one step longer all gears except 1st), there was Traction Control (in the car-setup menu) switched Off, so I changed to 3, and I am immediately on 2:19, probably can go lower with other fine tuning and driving smoother (and off course big balls through Eau Rouge.. :)
Thanks one more time... Good base setup for GT2 for me to experiment (find it very stable, on the kerbs as well)
But now... what the hell is wrong with 488... ?? Should not that be faster - when it's "evolution"...?
(I checked some Youtube videos from "real world" SPA 24 in 2016 race, and GT3 was cruising around 2:25 +- there, so maybe I should be happy with my 2:22)
great video --->

Couple of people have asked for my setup. I'm HolmseyC63 in game. Hopefully it works well for you, just play with Tyre pressure based on track temps and obv fuel and compounds

Attachments

• MattQuali.ini
    1.8 KB · Views: 1,264
Couple of people have asked for my setup. I'm HolmseyC63 in game. Hopefully it works well for you, just play with Tyre pressure based on track temps and obv fuel and compounds
Thanks man. You and I were close on setup, but yours put me over the top. 2:17.857 with just a couple of gear tweaks for certain corners, level 2 tc and +3 on braking. I could run a little cleaner lap and maybe get a few tenths more, but that's about it for me.

Is it still ok with the latest version of the game? And is it good just for quali or also for the race? i'll have a 2 hour endu with this car in spa at the end of the month.
Thank you

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back