Ferrari 458 GT2 @ Spa-Francorchamps

I get asked for them sometimes on public servers so here they are. I ran Coenwulf's sets for a while before making my own. I don't think they are faster I just like them a bit more. Default springs and dampers, minimum height, 3-3 aero, brakes quite to the rear (I like to rotate the car with the brakes), low camber...for some reason I don't see the extra cornering grip high camber should normally give.

Q setup can do 2.15.000 even though I have not been able to get lower than 2.15.150 since 1.1.1

R setup is for 8 laps on softs. I can do a couple of high 15s then it drops off quite a lot. I usually end the race with a low 2.17

Good luck!

Attachments

• R8_458GT2philbase.ini
    1.8 KB · Views: 1,281
  • Q1_458GT2philbase.ini
    1.8 KB · Views: 1,126
I get asked for them sometimes on public servers so here they are. I ran Coenwulf's sets for a while before making my own. I don't think they are faster I just like them a bit more. Default springs and dampers, minimum height, 3-3 aero, brakes quite to the rear (I like to rotate the car with the brakes), low camber...for some reason I don't see the extra cornering grip high camber should normally give.

Q setup can do 2.15.000 even though I have not been able to get lower than 2.15.150 since 1.1.1

R setup is for 8 laps on softs. I can do a couple of high 15s then it drops off quite a lot. I usually end the race with a low 2.17

Good luck!
Thanks Phil. You used this at height=0 (ie. invalid setup)?

With Minimum hight he means, the Minimum that is possible without making it invalid... Just Like its saved now... I think 60 mm or something Like this...
I asked because it was invalid when I loaded in practice. Could it be because of the blankets? Will try again tom.

@PhilS13, happen to have a video? I think I'm not maximizing corners nor using the optimum race line.

I asked because it was invalid when I loaded in practice. Could it be because of the blankets? Will try again tom.

@PhilS13, happen to have a video? I think I'm not maximizing corners nor using the optimum race line.

Yeah less tyre pressure might make the setup invalid. Even some pitboxes might make it invalid. Thank you Kunos for the nice validation method.

I have a replay of a 2.15.004 but it was before 1.1.1 and Kunos are not saying but I'm sure the ferrari is slower now. I can send it to you anyway let me know

Yeah less tyre pressure might make the setup invalid. Even some pitboxes might make it invalid. Thank you Kunos for the nice validation method.

I have a replay of a 2.15.004 but it was before 1.1.1 and Kunos are not saying but I'm sure the ferrari is slower now. I can send it to you anyway let me know
:) Nice validation.

Yes please, I have a lot of room for more to learn. ;) Thanks.

It got slower with the new tire model, and then again after the dream pack. Went from low 2:18 with mediums to a high 2:19s or low 2:20s.

Here is my best effort with this car. I'm really struggling to better a time of 2:19 with any car on this track, maybe if just reached my talent limit haha. Anyway here is the link, i got a 2:19:493 using the most updated setup posted by Coenwulf.

Here is my best effort with this car. I'm really struggling to better a time of 2:19 with any car on this track, maybe if just reached my talent limit haha. Anyway here is the link, i got a 2:19:493 using the most updated setup posted by Coenwulf.
you are redlining it too much change after 2 blinks of the rev counter :) 1st sector mainly

Ok ill take that advise into account, anything else im maybe doing wrong? I've not had the game or wheel that long, only played maybe 9-10 hours of the game so far, so im still learning. But still id like to be in the 2:17's maybe? I know im not going to be up there with the best but still. Thought id be better than a 2:19 :(

Ok ill take that advise into account, anything else im maybe doing wrong? I've not had the game or wheel that long, only played maybe 9-10 hours of the game so far, so im still learning. But still id like to be in the 2:17's maybe? I know im not going to be up there with the best but still. Thought id be better than a 2:19 :(
for such a short time playing your doing ok just keep practicing

At last I got into the 2:19s. I used the Coenwulfs setup and made some adjustments. I lowered 5th and 6th gear, raised the rebound on the front to 31 and increased the tyre pressure up 2 psi both front and back also lowered the ride height. It rotates slightly under gear change into corners to tighten the line

Take Q1philbase posted on top of this page, set aero to 0-3, rear arb to 4, brake bias to 65%. I can do low 2.15 with that and it feels pretty much like it used to.

BUT

The thing is...if you wanna go fast now you gonna have to forget what used to feel good and get used to the oversteer. The front end is now more responsive, that means catching slides is easier. The mild understeer that was present in 1.1.6 setups no longer needs to be there. Slides before 1.2 were a pain in the ass to catch, so what do you do ? Make sets that are a little understeery, feels good, feels stable, feels fast but ultimately is slow.

I've gained half a sec in 1.2 with a bit more oversteer in the setup. Now it feels slow, feels unstable but is FAST. The responsive front end makes it possible to catch slides very early and easily. If you want that take Q1philbase posted on top of this page, set aero to 1-3, rear arb to 5, brake bias to 65%. I can do mid-high 2.14 with that

Take Q1philbase posted on top of this page, set aero to 0-3, rear arb to 4, brake bias to 65%. I can do low 2.15 with that and it feels pretty much like it used to.

BUT

The thing is...if you wanna go fast now you gonna have to forget what used to feel good and get used to the oversteer. The front end is now more responsive, that means catching slides is easier. The mild understeer that was present in 1.1.6 setups no longer needs to be there. Slides before 1.2 were a pain in the ass to catch, so what do you do ? Make sets that are a little understeery, feels good, feels stable, feels fast but ultimately is slow.

I've gained half a sec in 1.2 with a bit more oversteer in the setup. Now it feels slow, feels unstable but is FAST. The responsive front end makes it possible to catch slides very early and easily. If you want that take Q1philbase posted on top of this page, set aero to 1-3, rear arb to 5, brake bias to 65%. I can do mid-high 2.14 with that
Thanks. What about the rear/front height, didn't you have the need to raise them?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 353 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 249 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 178 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 301 13.3%