Ferrari 458 GT2 @ Spa-Francorchamps

Just wanted to say it seems silly for the mods to move a video in a thread like this. I've just spent the last 10 minutes looking for John Olivers video that was posted above with no success. I would really like to learn the gear changes in this car.

Hi guys new to AC tried loading these setup for spa listed above but when I load them it says invalid setup any ideas?
I just had another look at this and its to do with the front ride height it says minimum 60 and these are lower and wont let me use them I have to raise the front ride height for them to work but will this affect the setup much?

Cheers :)

The setups are useless, I just drove my old set with 458 GT2 and it handles completely different, steers much better but the car goes slower on straights and all my gears have to be done again, ride height wrong = invalid, I think the set should be done again from the start :( Stupid Kunos. A little worse with M3 GT2 but still with both I have times worse by 3s. None hit the top speed they used to.

The tyre model changed for v1.0 which means that most, if not all, cars are slower now. Here's my new spa setup. With this I get 2:15.9 whereas before I was at 2:14.5, so 1.5 secs slower seems about right.

Attachments

• Ferrari 458 GT2.ini
    1.8 KB · Views: 1,917
The setups are useless, I just drove my old set with 458 GT2 and it handles completely different, steers much better but the car goes slower on straights and all my gears have to be done again, ride height wrong = invalid, I think the set should be done again from the start :( Stupid Kunos. A little worse with M3 GT2 but still with both I have times worse by 3s. None hit the top speed they used to.
the ride hight is wrong because of the latest update just rase it a little to fix

Coenwulf's original setup raised to 60mm is still the best IMO. The new one turns in better and will feel more neutral but it's only because most people induce understeer on the old set by using too much steering input.

Doing 2.15.4 with the original set raised to 60mm. Only a tenth or two slower with the new one but the rear end is all over the place for me. I might try to keep the 2-3 aero and bring the balance back with the suspension though...

I think Coenwulf meant that he has ABS set to "factory". So basicly with cars that has abs in real life game will use it, but then with cars that doesnt have abs irl its disabled.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 351 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 244 10.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 299 13.3%