Fanatec | Official Support Thread

W

Wido Rossen

• Wido Rossen

Looks pretty neat this wheel.....and it`s wireless.

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting. My TM products are in 2.0 and my Fanatec is in a 3.0. I'm sure I've tried changing them around but I'll give it another go tonight and see if it fixes the problem. I'm hoping it's something simple like this and I won't have to buy any new hardware, though I am a bit tempted by the new TM pedals.

I've put a lot of time into trying to figure out why some of these wheels will work in some ports and some wont and I never could come to a conclusion. Its just a strange phenomenon which is why you often see people recommend trying a different USB port.

Upvote 0
I've put a lot of time into trying to figure out why some of these wheels will work in some ports and some wont and I never could come to a conclusion. Its just a strange phenomenon which is why you often see people recommend trying a different USB port.

And that was the first thing I tried, but there's a chance I just went from a 3.0 to another 3.0 and when the problem persisted I decided it wasn't the usb port and didn't try any others. I'll report back with my findings this evening. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0
Well, I contacted Fanatec and they suggested my usb be could be going into power save mode and directed me here; https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2900614 I guess that could be the problem, but none of my other usb devices exhibit this issue? It would seem to me that if one device was affected than all devices would be, especially when the pedals still exhibit the problem when moved to a different usb.

They also suggested I install the Fanatec driver, but I recently had to completely reinstall Windows because my wheel started acting up and the best guess was that it was a conflict between the Thrustmaster driver and Fanatec driver I had previously installed for my GT3 RS, so I'm hesitant to install the Fanatec driver again.

Any thoughts on these recommendations? I'm at work and won't be able to try anything for about 7 hours.

Upvote 0
In Windows 8 when my CSR Elite pedals are being switched into power save mode Windows constantly makes the sound for devices disconnecting IIRC. It is actually fairly irritating since the fix is seemingly per-port and whenever I have to do it again I have forgotten what caused the noise last time.

Upvote 0
In Windows 8 when my CSR Elite pedals are being switched into power save mode Windows constantly makes the sound for devices disconnecting IIRC. It is actually fairly irritating since the fix is seemingly per-port and whenever I have to do it again I have forgotten what caused the noise last time.

That's the strange thing, Windows doesn't make the sound of the device being disconnected until I actually unplug it. I didn't have a chance to mess with it last night, hopefully tonight.

Upvote 0
Well, I contacted Fanatec and they suggested my usb be could be going into power save mode and directed me here; https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2900614 I guess that could be the problem, but none of my other usb devices exhibit this issue? It would seem to me that if one device was affected than all devices would be, especially when the pedals still exhibit the problem when moved to a different usb.

They also suggested I install the Fanatec driver, but I recently had to completely reinstall Windows because my wheel started acting up and the best guess was that it was a conflict between the Thrustmaster driver and Fanatec driver I had previously installed for my GT3 RS, so I'm hesitant to install the Fanatec driver again.

Any thoughts on these recommendations? I'm at work and won't be able to try anything for about 7 hours.

You should always install the latest Fanatec driver for their products. If didn't install it, that's likely your problem.

Upvote 0
You should always install the latest Fanatec driver for their products. If didn't install it, that's likely your problem.

When this problem first started I had both drivers installed. I used to use a GT3 RS with the CSR Elite pedals so the drivers were installed and all worked fine. Then I upgraded to a T300RS wheel and this problem with the pedals started randomly appearing. Then the T300 started acting up, Thurstmaster support was of no help in identifying/fixing the problem but a forum member suggested he had encountered conflict problems with both Fanatec and TM drivers installed at the same time. I wiped everything clean and the wheel started working properly again, but the pedal problem remained. Whether there was an actual driver conflict I can't say for sure, but it made me hesitant to install the Fanatec driver. Thing is, I don't see a driver for the CSR Elite pedals anywhere on Fanatec's page?

Upvote 0
When this problem first started I had both drivers installed. I used to use a GT3 RS with the CSR Elite pedals so the drivers were installed and all worked fine. Then I upgraded to a T300RS wheel and this problem with the pedals started randomly appearing. Then the T300 started acting up, Thurstmaster support was of no help in identifying/fixing the problem but a forum member suggested he had encountered conflict problems with both Fanatec and TM drivers installed at the same time. I wiped everything clean and the wheel started working properly again, but the pedal problem remained. Whether there was an actual driver conflict I can't say for sure, but it made me hesitant to install the Fanatec driver. Thing is, I don't see a driver for the CSR Elite pedals anywhere on Fanatec's page?

I have both Thrustmaster and Fanatec drivers installed on my PC and my T500 and CSW v2 both work fine.

Which driver are you using with the CSR Elites? Should be using this one.

http://www.fanatec.com/download/Fanatec_64_driver_205.zip

Upvote 0
I grabbed the Clubsport driver and turned off power saving in all USB ports and it may have mended it. I only had a few minutes before I had to leave for the night but (after having to recalibrate/reassign everything :confused:) I was able to load the track up four times in a row without losing my pedals. I haven't been able to do that for a while, so I'm thinking it's probably sorted. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Intermittent LED Display, Shift Lights and Shifter Function on F1 Carbon Rim
Brand new (less than a month) F1 Rim on a CSWv2 Base. Has happened in iRacing, Asseto Corsa and F12014. Mid race (random time), can't shift, look down, LED display is either dead or flickering. Steering still works, all other buttons functional. Turn wheel off and on. Things work normal for a while and then bang...out of the blue..can't shift...lights flickering. Timing appears to be totally random.

This is the only rim I have, so no way to troubleshoot if the rim or the base. Checked for bent pins on the rim connector, everything looks good. Anybody else experience this issue? See vid below:

Fanatec asked me to remove the video from Youtube. Hopefully, they can provide some assistance to resolve the issue.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
i had similar neo ,my problem was the wiring between the wheel and the main pcb board was broken because of the constant twisting of the wires when turning the wheel ,but if your lucky it might be the connector at the main pcb board , also mine was the v1

Upvote 0
I've currently got a problem with my brakes on the club sport pedals V2. I did what was logical and replaced the loadcell, got cheap ones from a team mate and soldered them on. They come without a propper plug so I had to cut the old wires and soldered them on, and then isolated them. No result, (the pedal imput at first was normal, but sometimes it kept at 50% untill I used the brakes for a couple of times, and after a couple of days it stayed at no signal) and I had no signal again. Fanatec told me that the main circuit board was the problem and I just got that, refitted it and in stead of no signal, it has full signal all the time.

Does anyone know what the problem is here? I replied to fanatec but they always take ages to reply and I'd like to race again.

Upvote 0
i had similar neo ,my problem was the wiring between the wheel and the main pcb board was broken because of the constant twisting of the wires when turning the wheel ,but if your lucky it might be the connector at the main pcb board , also mine was the v1

Noel, did you fix the problem yourself? I am tempted to unscrew the back of the wheel to look for nicked wires or a loose connection, but I don't wish to void any warranty. I have finally been contacted by Fanatec, but they are fairly slow. I commented in the inquiry that I only had a single wheel, so would be unable to troubleshoot by replacing. This, of course, is the first thing they ask.

Upvote 0
i d
Noel, did you fix the problem yourself? I am tempted to unscrew the back of the wheel to look for nicked wires or a loose connection, but I don't wish to void any warranty. I have finally been contacted by Fanatec, but they are fairly slow. I commented in the inquiry that I only had a single wheel, so would be unable to troubleshoot by replacing. This, of course, is the first thing they ask.
i did fix it myself , i found broken wires in 2 places and soldered them up ,worked for a while then they broke again , so i bought the new wiring loom from fanatec ,which was much better than the original , if your still under warranty neo ,ask them too send you the spare part

Upvote 0
Hi folks,

Been having an issue with my CSS SQ v1.5 shifter lately. Any help would be appreciated but 4th gear is coming up as 2nd gear occasionally. I've recalibrated, reflashed the firmware on my wheel (CSWV2), recalibrated, and it either messes up more gears or 4th still comes up as 2nd. Doesn't happen all the time, and it's already been in the shop and I'm in round 2 with Fanatec but thought I'd check here as well.

The best I've come is by adjusting the tension screw. At first it wildly screwed up the gears, then it settled down and worked flawlessly - for about two hours then I had 4th when asking for 2nd, 1st when asking for 3rd...

Tired of blowing engines, and spinning. Any thoughts?

Thanks, Fritz

Upvote 0
I had that with mine, I tried opening it and blowing it clean with compressed air but it didn't help, so I left it on the floor for a couple of days before getting around to make a support ticket with Fanatec, but to my surprise it now didn't work at all, I made sure I had connected it properly and then realised that half way on the cable there's a plug, made sure this was connected well and voila, the shifter now worked properly again, haven't had the issue since and it's been a couple of weeks now.

Upvote 0
Hi folks,

Been having an issue with my CSS SQ v1.5 shifter lately. Any help would be appreciated but 4th gear is coming up as 2nd gear occasionally. I've recalibrated, reflashed the firmware on my wheel (CSWV2), recalibrated, and it either messes up more gears or 4th still comes up as 2nd. Doesn't happen all the time, and it's already been in the shop and I'm in round 2 with Fanatec but thought I'd check here as well.

The best I've come is by adjusting the tension screw. At first it wildly screwed up the gears, then it settled down and worked flawlessly - for about two hours then I had 4th when asking for 2nd, 1st when asking for 3rd...

Tired of blowing engines, and spinning. Any thoughts?

Thanks, Fritz
hi fritz i had similar problem in h shifter mod the hall sensor was dirty so i took it apart and gave it a good clean and that fixed it ,but i would not advise it if it is still under warranty ,you also might have a different problem in the cables or joins

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back