Fanatec | Official Support Thread

W

Wido Rossen

• Wido Rossen

Looks pretty neat this wheel.....and it`s wireless.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello hopefully someone can help me my V2 base has lost its ffb just make a high pitched squealing noise when the ffb loads up does it in iracing and assetto corsa and when doing a ffb test in wheel settings this is the second one in 4 months to do it first one is now a expensive paperweight cheers all

Upvote 0
I have an original Clubsport Shifter SQ connected to my Wheelbase V1.0 (both bought in Jan 2014). Over the last month I've been losing the ability to select 2, 4, 6 gears. They usually don't select but sometimes they do. SQ mode always correctly.

I've taken the top off the unit and it looks like there is difference between 4th and down (toward me) on the shfiter. The only differentiator being the SQ mode switch at the bottom. When I unplug that the unit is always in SQ mode.

With the unit out of the gate but still all plugged, and H shifter mode selected I can get 1,3,5 (and R,7 by pushing down) by just moving the stick up or down.

Even like this, now I still just saw all 2, 4, 6 get selected when I moved the switch out of SQ mode (after it was selected in SQ mode) but then when I went to any of 1,3, 5 and back to 2, 4, or 6 I get nothing. This leads me to believe that the likely problem is down in the SQ - HShifter selector component.

Has anyone else had this problem and if so what was done to correct it? I really don't want to shell out nearly AUD$400 for a new unit (over AUD$100 more than I bought mine for thanks to exchange rate at the moment). I also know how annoying getting support from Fanatec will be and it's still easier to fork out the $400 for a new unit that wait maybe months for a fix (outside warranty now).

I have the latest drivers install and this is a two week old PC. I've recalibrated the gear selection on the wheel after installing the drivers etc. -- and this was also starting to degrade on my old pc.

...10 mins later... I just tightened the screw on the side (so the shifting was less "sloppy") and it seemed to make no difference, so I loosened it off and it started selecting gear more often. I put the unit back to together and was getting 95% success with selection of 2, 4, 6. I tightened the side screw and still am getting ~95% successful selection. I'm not sure what's causing the problem :(

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Plan to buy CSP v3's to replace my old v1's. But is that damper for brake pedal "must have" or are those pedals as good without it too? I've read that you don't need damper for throttle, or at least it's quite irrelevant.

Upvote 0
So I got a new fanatec handbrake two days ago, and it is already dead. It started acting "loose", so I tightened the bolt through the axel. Unfortunately it snapped with very little force. Do you think fanatec will send me replacement parts potentiometer? Should I just order a new handbrake? I hate buying another one when this one barely worked.

Upvote 0
I would get on to Fanatec. Their goods and your rights to receiving goods fit for purpose to last longer than a year at least are key here.
I had a steering wheel that I bought second hand on eBay that went wrong. I spoke to them and they found the serial and it was still under warranty. They sent me the new sensor and, after I had installed it properly, it still wouldn't work.
They sent me a whole new boxed wheel.
So contact them and get it repaired or replaced. :)

Upvote 0
I would get on to Fanatec. Their goods and your rights to receiving goods fit for purpose to last longer than a year at least are key here.
I had a steering wheel that I bought second hand on eBay that went wrong. I spoke to them and they found the serial and it was still under warranty. They sent me the new sensor and, after I had installed it properly, it still wouldn't work.
They sent me a whole new boxed wheel.
So contact them and get it repaired or replaced. :)

I stole a potentiometer from my thrustmaster 458 italia pedals. The shaft was the same taper, just a little too long, after a bit of dremel work, it fit perfectly. I'm happy to have a working handbrake again, and it is working MUCH better with a wire soldered directly to the pot rather than that lame 3.5mm jack that was causing intermittency. Also, funny enough, since I was having a grounding problem, I insulated the bottom with electrical tape. while fixing it, I ripped the electrical tape off, and the serial number came with it! I might be able to scan the barcode, but I can't read the code anymore :-D. The direct connection seems to have solved the grounding problem as well.

Upvote 0
Wouldn't the purchase with serial also be logged on Fanatec website? I can't remember if all the kit I purchased was logged there by them or whether I registered my stuff myself... it was a good few years ago now
Yeah, I don't think they automatically add the serial number to your account, you must register the product once you get it. I did find the serial number on the shipping box and the product box as well though, but I'm confidant my current solution is far better than the stock connection. That stereo minijack connection sucks!

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 352 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 245 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 242 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.8%
  • < 5 years