Fanatec | Official Support Thread

W

Wido Rossen

• Wido Rossen

Looks pretty neat this wheel.....and it`s wireless.

Last edited by a moderator:
...then realised that half way on the cable there's a plug, made sure this was connected well and voila, the shifter now worked properly again, haven't had the issue since and it's been a couple of weeks now.

Thanks. Which plug are you referring to? I have a simple phone jack plug on either side to connect to the wheel. Fanatec said they've had problems with these cables but I've gone through 3 now and I don't really think it's the cable.

hi fritz i had similar problem in h shifter mod the hall sensor was dirty so i took it apart and gave it a good clean and that fixed it ,but i would not advise it if it is still under warranty ,you also might have a different problem in the cables or joins

Thanks. I'm pretty sure it's dirty in there, but apparently I'm still under warranty so unless Fanatec green lights me opening the thing up I'll wait for their next step. What did you use? Compressed air and soft rag?

Upvote 0
Thanks. Which plug are you referring to? I have a simple phone jack plug on either side to connect to the wheel. Fanatec said they've had problems with these cables but I've gone through 3 now and I don't really think it's the cable.

Thanks. I'm pretty sure it's dirty in there, but apparently I'm still under warranty so unless Fanatec green lights me opening the thing up I'll wait for their next step. What did you use? Compressed air and soft rag?
hi fitz my problem was actually worse than your,s ,mine was going from 3rd too first and from 6th too reverse destroyed a couple of my clubraces here,anyway firstly i used a rag that worked for a few days ,but then i used a contact cleaner ,i used it on both sides of the hall sensor and really gave the socket area where the magnet is in the shaft a good clean

Upvote 0
Thanks guys. I'll probably end up having to clean it up inside - but was also wondering if the USB adapter direct to PC was the way to go. I do want to see what Fanatec says, but they've been oddly quiet on me for a few days.

Upvote 0
I see the new driver v219 is also listed on the CSW V1 page as well so will give it a go tomorrow and see what's new.

Also I did not know you could update the firmware on the pedals just the wheel base so can't help you with that problem.

Jason.

Upvote 0
In fact they list this new driver for most products, which for me means this new driver will cover my CSW V1, CSP V2 and USB adaptor for my shifter.

I think the included firmware is for the wheel base only but will find out more once I get it downloaded next time I am on my sim rig.

Jason.

Upvote 0
2015-06-0407_19_41.png

this message showd up:
2015-06-0407_21_50.png

after clicking yes it gave me this dialog:
(maybe there are some new pedals..? CSP V3?)
2015-06-0407_22_07.png

Upvote 0
Thanks for the screen shots.

It does look like a new version of the pedals are on the way and ones that are programable as after a bit of googling around I can't find anything about firmware for the current CSP v2.

Jason.

Upvote 0
I have come to the conclusion that owning Fanatec gear is like owning a real race car in that they do need a bit of tweaking, fettling and general maintance during your racing career.

Jason.

Upvote 0
guys, I just got a Fanatec handbrake and CS USB adapter but I'm a bit lost here. Fanatec states for the USB adapter that "If operated with the ClubSport Handbrake the device needs to be updated with a different firmware", but no mention on where to get the firmware.

Driver downloads leave me with zip file that upon extracting come out as bunch of meaningless files and no executables.

I can see the usb adapter in my devices listed as CS usb shifter and properties show that button 9 is on...I have to disconnect the thing as it overrides my t500 in some games.

Any help is appreciated as Fanatec seems slower than my granny in snow blizzard.

Upvote 0
My CSS SQ started playing up (not selecting some gears etc), I filled in support form on 28/9 with video of issue, yesterday I received an email from Fanatec support with RMA details and courier is collecting tomorrow.
Great service :)

Upvote 0
Hi guy,s bought the xbox one universal hub for my v1 base ,
carnt find any information to the drivers required so downloaded 222beta drivers , now my start button turns from red to green when I swap my wheels over from my csw carbon rim to my xbox one hub , but no properties page for my wheel with the xbo hub on it , only with my csw carbon rim
Anyone any ideas to the correct drivers or fixes has just spent £500 on my hub and can not use it , fanatec site is a joke! :(

Upvote 0
hi all, i am completely new to the PC world, and have just recently switched over. have the Fanatec CSW V2 + CSP V2, bought from a friend who upgraded to high end stuff.

I don't know what and where to start and how to dial in my wheel setup, and if I have to, but have read so much here, kind of overwhelmed, any tips, suggestions, recommendations where to start, what to start with, what changes to try, to make my driving experience better with Sim Racing Games on the PC, would be greatly appreciated. (in game settings and on the wheel base settings)

anything anyone can think of, which can help, or make it an easier transition or suggestions what to try would be greatly appreciated.

PS: was directed by mod/ admin to this thread, since i posted in wrong places for help.

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 277 15.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 188 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 190 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 139 7.6%
  • < 5 years