Fanatec | Official Support Thread

W

Wido Rossen

• Wido Rossen

Looks pretty neat this wheel.....and it`s wireless.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you are OK working on things it's not too hard at all, getting the belt tension dialed in perfectly is the hardest part, and it's just a little time consuming, not really difficult. If you want perfect belt tension and best wheel feel you need to start loose and keep slightly tightening a tiny bit at a time until you have just a tiny amount of slip. Every time you make an adjustment you'll need to go past the electronic stop (set SEN to 90°) and check for slippage when the wheel is fighting to go back to center.

Upvote 0
Could anyone tell me if the circled number below is supposed to relate to the degrees of rotation on your wheel.

2ni2wrp.jpg

My wheel is set to 540 deg but on the properties page says it is 450.

Been having an issue with my CSR in that steering feels really sensitive and jerky, wondering if this could be the cause.

Upvote 0
Could anyone tell me if the circled number below is supposed to relate to the degrees of rotation on your wheel.

2ni2wrp.jpg

My wheel is set to 540 deg but on the properties page says it is 450.

Been having an issue with my CSR in that steering feels really sensitive and jerky, wondering if this could be the cause.
I think that is the position I guess. If the middle is 0 then all left is -450.

Upvote 0
@Calum McLure
Try turning up the linearity setting on you're wheel tuning menu start at 10%
until its feels good.
Normally you shouldnt have to do this unless you are playing games like f1 2013.
If the wheel is shaking or pulling side to side driving in a straight line turn up deadzone a small bit.

I turn off sen on the tuning menu so the wheel uses the games degree of steering.

Upvote 0
Got to have a very in depth Touchy Feely session with this thing, As well I brought my CSW F1 wheel to compare the "click" of the shifters. (shoes and gloves too Lol)

I was Rather surprised to have essentially the same travel and somewhat similar click feeling, Only thing it lacked was the actual Mechanical Click feeling the real Deal had, Both paddle's being on the same Axle and that Funny "lobed" looking thing is what activates the switches up top.

Brake pedal was like pushing on a brick wall, Next to NOTHING for travel. I would venture to say 1/16" or less, Throttle had a little heavier feel than a Fully loosed Off CSP Throttle would.

The Brake Biased gauge Felt Very Cool to play with as well, Could easily see reaching down to give a press or Pull and hand back up on the wheel.

Cockpit was FAR bigger than i had imagined as well, Im not a Tiny guy, But someone Significantly bigger than me could easily fit in the seat bucket (had ZERO padding)

It was a shame the Wheel and the Car itself were in pretty sad shape from all the "johns" its seen in all the city's across the world, But Dirty or not it was a Freeking Awesome experience.

Upvote 0
Bit of fun and games today with my CSR pedals.
After 3 years of 12-15 hrs a week the brake pedal spring snapped.I I would estimate appr 75,000 braking zones so fair enough.
Since Ive invested in a basher board filter (dont be without one on a CSR Pedal) I decided to repair rather than replace.
Finding springs is not easy in the UK.
Fanatec dont stock them as a replacement part. Apparently its not a common occurrence.
Got my tape measure out and started looking. Finally found a site where I didnt need to order a minimum of 100 units.
They were about £1.50 each.
But I had to order £10.00 pre VAT.
This meant I had 2 each of 3 different Nm ratings. I promise not to colour code them and use it as a setup parameter:geek:.

Upvote 0
Bit of fun and games today with my CSR pedals.
After 3 years of 12-15 hrs a week the brake pedal spring snapped.I I would estimate appr 75,000 braking zones so fair enough.
Since Ive invested in a basher board filter (dont be without one on a CSR Pedal) I decided to repair rather than replace.
Finding springs is not easy in the UK.
Fanatec dont stock them as a replacement part. Apparently its not a common occurrence.
Got my tape measure out and started looking. Finally found a site where I didnt need to order a minimum of 100 units.
They were about £1.50 each.
But I had to order £10.00 pre VAT.
This meant I had 2 each of 3 different Nm ratings. I promise not to colour code them and use it as a setup parameter:geek:.
What's that basher board thingy doing?

Upvote 0
What's that basher board thingy doing?
The sensor in the CSR pedal set starts to wear a bit and little bits of fairy dust send spikes to the game. The game takes this spike as the real maximum available throttle even though its only happening for a micro second. Form there on you cant get 100%.
The basher board is a filter that smoothes the output and so discounts those spikes. Problem gone.
I got this one
http://www.basherboards.com/PF1_BB
review here

Upvote 0
The sensor in the CSR pedal set starts to wear a bit and little bits of fairy dust send spikes to the game. The game takes this spike as the real maximum available throttle even though its only happening for a micro second. Form there on you cant get 100%.
The basher board is a filter that smoothes the output and so discounts those spikes. Problem gone.
I got this one
http://www.basherboards.com/PF1_BB
review here
If I would have known this a bit earlier it might have won us the league title in the VSC2, where I now replugged my pedals and lost 1 min because the throttle was showing spikes, and was losing seconds because of it.
Still not over it :(:unsure:

Upvote 0
OK so I will share the spec of the springs I got.*
The stiffest of the 3 sets was the closest to stock but still a bit soft. However with the adjustment availble on the pedal set you can pre load it more. With that done its fine for the clutch.
If I ordered again I would get a touch stiffer#
They side over the hardware just fine but are very slightly larger diameter so dont buy any that are bigger again.
Outside Diameter 19.05 mm
Wire Diameter 2.34
Rate 4.97 nm
Free Length 63.5mm
Max Solid Length 32.26 mm.
They were £1.51.
when they arrived and I installed them I figured that 30 to 50% stiffer would be ideal.
## So I looked again and saw that you can get them same sizes with 6.3 nm (30% more).
The price £0.94p.

After I had done all this I got an email offering a stock fanatec spring at Euro 10.00. I'm not complaining, I would want a minimum 10 euro to pack and ship a widget. I had to spend that anyway but would have got 10 of them for that locally.

Upvote 0
Okay some questions about the csr. ..
I am aware that there is a g27 pedal converter.

1)does this mean that the g27 pedals can be used with the csr for X box?
2) I have an open wheeler racing chair . What screws would I need to attach the csr to the flat metal plate after drilling ?
3) aalternatively. ..is there an effective csr clamp already out there ?

Cheers for any assistance !

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back