Fanatec Clubsport V2 Pedals Brake Shock Replacement

HUM24H

Godspeed
Hi All,

There are many threads on the internet regarding a shock replacement for the Fanatec Clubsport V2 Pedals Brake but I wanted to post what I did. Hopefully you guys find this useful :)

Here is a link to the Shock's:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/331163869991?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

The shock I bought is a non branded shock from eBay which is called Big Foot and it is 120mm from Centre hole to Centre hole which is the perfect size to fit the Clubsport Pedals. For those who can't get this Shock; the Spring itself is 65mm in length, 25mm in width and the thickness of the spring is around 2/3mm (ish :p) If you buy this set you get 2 Shock's which for me is great as I can have one set with Medium to High Tension for Race Cars and one set with Medium to Low Tension for Road Cars but even if you have the tension at it's lowest setting on these shocks it has a lot more tension than the standard Fanatec Shock plus this shock allows for much better modulation with a better rebound when coming off the brake and the it has a fluid motion when pressing the brake pedal in with a nice progressive feel when you brake harder. At the moment I havent managed to take these apart to see what Shock Oil is used inside, if any, but they feel fantastic either way.

#1.jpg

#2.jpg

Now you will notice that I have not inserted the securing pin at the rear of the shock, the reason for this is; a) The thickness of the end piece won't allow me to put the securing pin in and b) there is no need as the shock stays in place without it.

#4.jpg

#3.jpg

Here is a picture of the Shock's next to the standard Shock supplied by Fanatec:
#5.jpg

Last edited:
Hi,
Looking to do this mod on my pedals, problem is that I can only find this MBX7/MBX8 rear shock absorber set for 80€/95$/70£ and that seems so expensive for a two damper set. I doubt I can sell the second piece to recoup money.

Can anyone give some perspective, if that price is worth it for the damper?
Will it make such a big difference for the brake feel?
Or should I just save that money and buy better pedals alltogether.

Upvote 0

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea