Fanatec Clubsport V2 Pedals Brake Shock Replacement

HUM24H

Godspeed
Hi All,

There are many threads on the internet regarding a shock replacement for the Fanatec Clubsport V2 Pedals Brake but I wanted to post what I did. Hopefully you guys find this useful :)

Here is a link to the Shock's:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/331163869991?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

The shock I bought is a non branded shock from eBay which is called Big Foot and it is 120mm from Centre hole to Centre hole which is the perfect size to fit the Clubsport Pedals. For those who can't get this Shock; the Spring itself is 65mm in length, 25mm in width and the thickness of the spring is around 2/3mm (ish :p) If you buy this set you get 2 Shock's which for me is great as I can have one set with Medium to High Tension for Race Cars and one set with Medium to Low Tension for Road Cars but even if you have the tension at it's lowest setting on these shocks it has a lot more tension than the standard Fanatec Shock plus this shock allows for much better modulation with a better rebound when coming off the brake and the it has a fluid motion when pressing the brake pedal in with a nice progressive feel when you brake harder. At the moment I havent managed to take these apart to see what Shock Oil is used inside, if any, but they feel fantastic either way.

#1.jpg

#2.jpg

Now you will notice that I have not inserted the securing pin at the rear of the shock, the reason for this is; a) The thickness of the end piece won't allow me to put the securing pin in and b) there is no need as the shock stays in place without it.

#4.jpg

#3.jpg

Here is a picture of the Shock's next to the standard Shock supplied by Fanatec:
#5.jpg

Last edited:
Plus it is doing a lot better than the stock Fanatec shock. So its not sub par off quality, it is good. It may not be the best but it is certainly a lot better than the stock Fanatec shock.

Upvote 0
is there a way to add a shock to the V1 Clup Sport Pedals. Besides the shock and mounts, the V1 and V2 the break pedals are the same. Is there a kit or a good DIY setup for adding a shock to the V1 break?

Upvote 0
is there a way to add a shock to the V1 Clup Sport Pedals. Besides the shock and mounts, the V1 and V2 the break pedals are the same. Is there a kit or a good DIY setup for adding a shock to the V1 break?

There's one called the "bob shock", but I think it would be rather easy to mod a little bracket with a bolt and a small bushing to make your own. I guess if you lack the fabrication skills that could prove problematic. Im sure you have some mechanically handy buddy's no ?

Upvote 0
There's one called the "bob shock", but I think it would be rather easy to mod a little bracket with a bolt and a small bushing to make your own. I guess if you lack the fabrication skills that could prove problematic. Im sure you have some mechanically handy buddy's no ?
Yeah, I have seen the Bob Shock on other forums. I am considering doing something that on my V1 CSP. I have a milling machine and I could fabricate something easy enough. I only need to discover which size shock fits. That may be the hardest part. I've emailed Fanated to ask the the specifications on the shock they use in the V2 pedals. We will see where that goes.

Another big question. Does the shock actually work? Does it make the break perform better? Please describe

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The stock shock that comes w/ the V2 looks pretty good quality. Only prob I see is where do you source the shock rebuild kit from not knowin make of shock??? I'm sure Fanatec isn't in the "rc shock spare parts replacement business" w/ spare parts hangin on the wall in some warehouse.

I've used Mugen over the years & have found to be excellent quality. Would the Mugen provide enough "volume" to handle the brake pedal travel requirements as opposed to a rc monster truck piggyback reservoir shock? Not doubting your statement just wondering if anyone has done a comparison w/ another piggyback reservoir shock.

Upvote 0
As the proud owner of these pedals since Humzah upgrade to the Heusinkveld pedals i have to say this shock, branded or not, feels great to me.

I did replace the oil with the thicker of the two he gave me with the pedals, thanks mate, and that along with the uprated shock he had already fitted has given me the kind of pedal feedback a heavy braker like me requires and my braking has become a lot more consistent since i got these upgraded pedals.

Although i may look into moving the pin up a hole towards the pedals as recommend in a previous post just to see what effect that has.

Jason.

Upvote 0
The stock shock that comes w/ the V2 looks pretty good quality. Only prob I see is where do you source the shock rebuild kit from not knowin make of shock??? I'm sure Fanatec isn't in the "rc shock spare parts replacement business" w/ spare parts hangin on the wall in some warehouse.

I've used Mugen over the years & have found to be excellent quality. Would the Mugen provide enough "volume" to handle the brake pedal travel requirements as opposed to a rc monster truck piggyback reservoir shock? Not doubting your statement just wondering if anyone has done a comparison w/ another piggyback reservoir shock.

The stock shock is FAR from quality, lol its a .50c China piece. Literally you can buy them for that cheap, no jokes. As far as a Shock rebuild kit, Not likely needed for at least a few year's of service. 1/8 Pro level shock are 100X the quality of the stock shock and your Local hobby shop will most likely have access to order some Parts(if they are a mugen dealer)

Volume of oil is moot, The Piggyback design is Essentially for show, ZERO performance gain and actually a performance Loss due not being able to hold a seal and keep Air out.

Until you've tried a Proper shock on the brake, The pedal will feel overly soft and have a large "dead zone" to where the shock has to be Fully compressed before the load cell see's any actual brake pressure.

Jisonga, Move that pivot up, You wont regret it.

Upvote 0
the 7 rear's are long enough, measured a long time ago but Trust me the 7 rear's are what you need. And you technically want a longer shock than the mounting points. No much but 5-10mm ensures you have some tension and the piston is in a full bath of oil, Not hanging out RIGHT at the top of the body

Upvote 0
Mate just had a look at a look at my pedals and at first glance i can not see how that bar comes out.

On my old CSR pedals there was a bolt on either end you just undid and popped bar out and moved it up and down the holes.

But on these CSP the bar looks like it is just pressed in so does it just require a tap to nudge out and are the holes designed to allow the bar out one way only.

Thanks.

Jason.

Upvote 0
Hi All,

There are many threads on the internet regarding a shock replacement for the Fanatec Clubsport V2 Pedals Brake but I wanted to post what I did. Hopefully you guys find this useful :)

Here is a link to the Shock's:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/331163869991?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

The shock I bought is a non branded shock from eBay which is called Big Foot and it is 120mm from Centre hole to Centre hole which is the perfect size to fit the Clubsport Pedals. For those who can't get this Shock; the Spring itself is 65mm in length, 25mm in width and the thickness of the spring is around 2/3mm (ish :p) If you buy this set you get 2 Shock's which for me is great as I can have one set with Medium to High Tension for Race Cars and one set with Medium to Low Tension for Road Cars but even if you have the tension at it's lowest setting on these shocks it has a lot more tension than the standard Fanatec Shock plus this shock allows for much better modulation with a better rebound when coming off the brake and the it has a fluid motion when pressing the brake pedal in with a nice progressive feel when you brake harder. At the moment I havent managed to take these apart to see what Shock Oil is used inside, if any, but they feel fantastic either way.

View attachment 61083

View attachment 61084

Now you will notice that I have not inserted the securing pin at the rear of the shock, the reason for this is; a) The thickness of the end piece won't allow me to put the securing pin in and b) there is no need as the shock stays in place without it.

View attachment 61085

View attachment 61086

Here is a picture of the Shock's next to the standard Shock supplied by Fanatec:
View attachment 61087

No available :(

Upvote 0
Mate just had a look at a look at my pedals and at first glance i can not see how that bar comes out.

On my old CSR pedals there was a bolt on either end you just undid and popped bar out and moved it up and down the holes.

But on these CSP the bar looks like it is just pressed in so does it just require a tap to nudge out and are the holes designed to allow the bar out one way only.

Thanks.

Jason.

There is a Set screw on the bottom side, loosen, Push pin out, Move up hole, re insert pin and tighten set screw. Whamo Instant Awesome Brake

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back