F1 2017 Modding Questions Thread

Me and some others have asked Petar about it in the Ego Engine Modding Discord, he is busy but an update is possibly going to happen sooner or later. No time frame though. You probably won't see too complex mods for a while but give it some time

I recall that this seems to happen most years. Once he has the time to dedicate the flood gates open up.

I think this year my plan is to hold off playing much until modding picks up and we have a solid flow of realistic liveries and track updates. The new tire texture mod is quite stellar, along with a few others, so I think it will be a good winter!

I wish these came out at the onset of a season instead of at the end though, sort of like a Madden NFL or NBA 2K game.

I haven't got any alerts from this thread and I don't want read whole thread so if someone has already answered this, sorry but is exporting possible now? I've seen livery mods but I have no idea how to get decals and staff like that

I haven't got any alerts from this thread and I don't want read whole thread so if someone has already answered this, sorry but is exporting possible now? I've seen livery mods but I have no idea how to get decals and staff like that
we can export using export all or an EEA version before the mipmaps were added (like 2.0), it gives out lower resolution textures but we can resize them ourselves

I have a weird problem. I was always using com_06 when making custom helmets and they work fine (tutorial from krisdix) but today i tried using com_02 because i've heard from few modders that using com_02 you will have glossy/shiny helmet. But when i try com_02 i see both helmets ingame. The driver have the base com_02 on him, bot on top of it is my custom helmet and its somehow weirdly semi transparent so you can see both of them.
What could be causing this? (i am using ERP 5.2.2017.0805)
EDIT: i tried using ERP 5.1 and it is tiny bit better. you can see the custom helmet tiny bit more and the com_02 tiny bit less. bit you can still see both of them so its not usable.

Last edited:
we can export using export all or an EEA version before the mipmaps were added (like 2.0), it gives out lower resolution textures but we can resize them ourselves
When I export all, I get list what things it could export and what couldn't. I can't export numbers or decals

I am trying to disable weather for career mode. The one way I have seen to do it, is to make all rain likelihood 0% for every track - found here: http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/can-i-disable-rain-for-all-tracks-in-f1-2016.137543/

However, first stumbling block for that, is that there are no tod.xml's any more, as required by the steps.

Next step was to open and explore <trackname>.erp, as I did below, and this is how the <trackname>_timeofday.layer (implied by the old tod files) look:
siO6dS7.png

Then, after extracting the track's entire erp file, I get the 2 files mentioned above:
5yS1acg.png

However, I don't know how to open them. Any advice?

I will add that I've tried to convert these files with the Ego File Converter, but clearly it's not possible, probably due to not being a valid format for that. Example of error when trying to convert:
c4mUZiq.png

Opening it with Notepad++ just leads to a lot of gibberish.

So, the above is where I'm stuck. If anyone has any other ideas for the next step, it would be appreciated a lot.

Quick question: When I change a teams performance (ie giving the Mclaren a Renault like engine) in the erp-files I can see the changes in effect only when the game runs in real time. As soon as I start to fast forward or simulate a session they are slow again.

Does anyone know why that is? from where are the simulated laptimes generated, its clearly not the performance files in the teams-erp.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.