F1 2017 Modding Questions Thread

Anyone knows how to change flags, i want to change drivers but i want the flags to be right also
you can swap flag textures, but you can't separate two drivers nationalities. So Ferrari and Mercedes will always have a driver with the same flag and McLaren and Toro Rosso will have one with the same flag, etc. You can be creative with the line-up to do it but I find it easier to just use the no flags mod.

The textures are in multiple erps in the ui_package, you'd need to go through all the texarrays and edit them all.

Hi. I have a problem i hope you can help me. Im in mclaren for carrer mode and in the midle of the season (thanks to the 1.9 update) i decided to edit the perfomance file of the mclaren making the honda engine more powerful at the Level of renault. The question is that in the carrer mode i have improved my lap times but Alonso seems that he is still having the honda perfomance.
So in qualifing in monza i was 8th and Alonso 20th.
This only happen in carrer mode because in quick race i'm 8th and Alonso is 9th
Thanks in advance!

Hi. I have a problem i hope you can help me. Im in mclaren for carrer mode and in the midle of the season (thanks to the 1.9 update) i decided to edit the perfomance file of the mclaren making the honda engine more powerful at the Level of renault. The question is that in the carrer mode i have improved my lap times but Alonso seems that he is still having the honda perfomance.
Thanks in advance!
have you tried it more than once and done more than one race? It could just have been bad luck for Alonso that one time

nationality flags, like it was in f1 2016, that it dosent show nationalitys
upload_2017-10-16_19-19-13.png

Hearing lots of people say that it's not possible to add certain decals to the car skins because of the way the UVW maps are done. It seems people have found ways to extract the models, which means new UVW maps could be created for the "decal" UVW's to fix things like mirroring, etc. -- is it just not possible to re-import the models once edited?

Hearing lots of people say that it's not possible to add certain decals to the car skins because of the way the UVW maps are done. It seems people have found ways to extract the models, which means new UVW maps could be created for the "decal" UVW's to fix things like mirroring, etc. -- is it just not possible to re-import the models once edited?
there is no currently known way of saving files in the game's 3D model format

Can someone who is experienced in doing mods shortly summarize whats the current status? I expected that after Codies make the modding possible again, there will be tons of mods coming out but it is very quiet just like before the patch. So is there a lot of other obstacles that prevent mods from happening? thanks

Can someone who is experienced in doing mods shortly summarize whats the current status? I expected that after Codies make the modding possible again, there will be tons of mods coming out but it is very quiet just like before the patch. So is there a lot of other obstacles that prevent mods from happening? thanks
as of right now the modding tools we have are not up to date. We can open the .erp files, and import in textures but not export the in-game textures in their best possible resolution which makes it extremely difficult to make good quality mods based on the in-game textures. We can still make good mods but when making those from scratch it takes more time. The 3D models for photoshop are out of date with the 1.9 update, and 3DSimED due to the ERP Archiver problem struggles with resolution as well. We can make mods but it takes time to get used to the new chassis models and some of us are also kind of waiting for updates to the modding tools

as of right now the modding tools we have are not up to date. ...
thank you for the informations. And how does it look with the modding tools? Is there a possibility that the ERP will get updated for F1 2017? Does someone know the author? And do we have any updates if its being worked on?

Thanks in advance!
Engine upgrades don't apply to your Mclaren teamate for some reason even when buying the game's upgrades (see: http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/58675/mclaren-team-mate-not-getting-engine-updates/p1) so maybe it is the same issue

thank you for the informations. And how does it look with the modding tools? Is there a possibility that the ERP will get updated for F1 2017? Does someone know the author? And do we have any updates if its being worked on?
Me and some others have asked Petar about it in the Ego Engine Modding Discord, he is busy but an update is possibly going to happen sooner or later. No time frame though. You probably won't see too complex mods for a while but give it some time

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.