F1 2016 Modding Questions Thread

How did you export the textarray?
you find the file, then you export them one at a time. They have a different number identifier all of them. You just can't tell which flag you are exporting. You have to basically find the country by trial and error. Texarrays just include multiple dds textures which you can export one at a time. You need the newest version of EEA though

you find the file, then you export them one at a time. They have a different number identifier all of them. You just can't tell which flag you are exporting. You have to basically find the country by trial and error. Texarrays just include multiple dds textures which you can export one at a time. You need the newest version of EEA though
K thanks :D

I made a list which has an interest for me to create my own career custom line-up. But the number are quite everytime different.. when there are 96 textures, for example, mexico is the 54th. For only 89 textures, mexico is the 53rd.. etc..

I made a list which has an interest for me to create my own career custom line-up. But the number are quite everytime different.. when there are 96 textures, for example, mexico is the 54th. For only 89 textures, mexico is the 53rd.. etc..
which settings do you use to save the files? I don't think you can do a realistic custom line-up as the flags change multiple at a time, but if you just do a single flag and then do names only.

If you can send me (via PM) all the filenames that you have to edit to do this I'll try things like neutral flags.

here's the "best" lineup i've found :
Ferrari Vettel Bottas
ForceIndia Wehrlein Ocon
Haas Pérez Grosjean
Manor/xxx Lotterer Stroll
McLaren Vandoorne Lando Norris
Mercedes Hamilton Hulkenberg
RedBull Ricciado Verstappen
Renault Giovinazzi Palmer
Sauber Mehri Magnussen
ToroRosso Gasly Max Defourny
Williams Sainz Niko Kari

I'm going to try the neutral or transaprency flags anyway

here's the "best" lineup i've found :
Ferrari Vettel Bottas
ForceIndia Wehrlein Ocon
Haas Pérez Grosjean
Manor/xxx Lotterer Stroll
McLaren Vandoorne Lando Norris
Mercedes Hamilton Hulkenberg
RedBull Ricciado Verstappen
Renault Giovinazzi Palmer
Sauber Mehri Magnussen
ToroRosso Gasly Max Defourny
Williams Sainz Niko Kari

I'm going to try the neutral or transaprency flags anyway
I don't think you can do transparent for it, but do try it. If you just make the alpha channel full black it might work

I don't think you can do transparent for it, but do try it. If you just make the alpha channel full black it might work
i've tried a first shot.. some flags worked.. some others not at all ^^ don't know why, it had sort of a bugged texture. But I think I know where the problem comes from...

i've tried a first shot.. some flags worked.. some others not at all ^^ don't know why, it had sort of a bugged texture. But I think I know where the problem comes from...
I talked to Petar in discord a bit, he said the ERP Archiver doesn't really work perfectly with texture arrays yet and that it needs an update to make editing them work like it should. If you can make it work though that'd be fantastic

It works ! No flag nowhere in the game ! Full transparency !
It is veeeeeery long to do but it works ^^

By the way, I have a pretty annoying issue by editing the cars numbers...
44562a5e-e01c-4339-b0d0-fd33279323cd
FURPn35.png

I've opened the numbers 28 and 17. Mixed them to get 27. Saved it (with Alpha and transparancy of course) in .dds DXT5 and auto generate mips. Re-imported it in ERP archiver.. then this.. :(

Last edited:
It works ! No flag nowhere in the game ! Full transparency !
It is veeeeeery long to do but it works ^^

By the way, I have a pretty annoying issue by editing the cars numbers...
FURPn35.png

I've opened the numbers 28 and 17. Mixed them to get 27. Saved it (with Alpha and transparancy of course) in .dds DXT5 and auto generate mips. Re-imported it in ERP archiver.. then this.. :(
Awesome news with the flags!
I'll try to see if I can fix that number for you as well :)

Are you going to upload no flags as a mod or should I start to work on my own version?

Hello! I don't know if someone already asked the question but has anyone found the solution to use a custom helmet without having to resstart all my career?

Last edited:
Hello! I don't know if someone already asked the question but has anyone found the solution to use a custom helmet without having to resstart all my career?
You can use a custom helmet if your career helmet is the default RGB colours or if your custom helmet is mainly the same colour as your current career helmet

Have someone found out how to mod custom helmet for career mode?
Yes any helmet can be used as a career helmet - you need to set your career helmet to have default RGB colours (http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/f1-2016-modding-questions-thread.124753/page-7#post-2297887) and select the first helmet on the selection
When you download the helmet there should be a dds texture, open incardriver.erp \asset_groups\animation_package\scenes\incardriver\2016 and search gen_01_helmet_d
Import the custom helmet and save the erp

@CW. oh thanks, i've another problem (i started today to mod a bit). I'm changing Manor to DS Virgin, but when I change "decal" it changes the colour of all the car (suspensions and other pieces of the chassis to). Where am I wrong?

Yes any helmet can be used as a career helmet - you need to set your career helmet to have default RGB colours (http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/f1-2016-modding-questions-thread.124753/page-7#post-2297887) and select the first helmet on the selection
When you download the helmet there should be a dds texture, open incardriver.erp \asset_groups\animation_package\scenes\incardriver\2016 and search gen_01_helmet_d
Import the custom helmet and save the erp
But what if I'm in season 2? Can I change the helmet?

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.