F1 2016 Modding Questions Thread

Could somebody help me? I want to use the Panasonic Toyota Mod for the Force India since i don't like Force India (don't judge me please, no offense to force india fans). But the Panasonic Toyota Mod is made for the mercedes so how do i change the car chassis so i can use the Panasonic Toyota Mod for the Force India?

http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/panasonic-toyota-racing-f1-team.13430/
Bro I did the exact same thing as you all you have to do is import this file in the forceindia.erp (the PKG tab)https://www.dropbox.com/s/r8sew0qy6k1gl69/force_india-carmodel.layer.json?dl=0

Could somebody help me? I want to use the Panasonic Toyota Mod for the Force India since i don't like Force India (don't judge me please, no offense to force india fans). But the Panasonic Toyota Mod is made for the mercedes so how do i change the car chassis so i can use the Panasonic Toyota Mod for the Force India?

http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/panasonic-toyota-racing-f1-team.13430/
Open force_india.erp using ego erp archiever located in \asset_groups\f1_2016_vehicle_package\teams\force_india\wep
Go to pkg files tab and export force_india-carmodel.layer
In the file (open with notepad ++ or something) scroll to the model section and replace the force_india with mercedes. Heres how it should look: "model": "stri eaid://f1_2016_vehicle_package/teams/mercedes/idf/mercedes.idf?context=render"
And import the file
Open the mod download and take the mercedes_paint.dds, mercedes_decal.tga.dds, mercedes_sfc.tga.dds, mercedes_wheel_df.tga.dds, mercedes_steering_wheel_decal.tga.dds and mercedes_steering_wheel_df.tga.dds and put them on your desktop or something
Then in the force_india.erp import these over the force india files e.g. force_india_decal.tga.dds -> mercedes_decal.tga.dds
Save the erp

No database in the game? ****!!
How do I change the order of the circuits?
How do I transfer the drivers to another team?
I would like to remove the marusia team too

Last edited:
No database in the game? ****!!
How do I change the order of the circuits?
How do I transfer the drivers to another team?
I would like to remove the marusia team too
You can't change the order of the tracks unless you do a quick race season (which is what I do). You can only remove manor if you DSQ them every race but thats hard, and for driver transfers there are many tutorials in this forum for how to do it. It is also very simple :)

Hello! I have a question how to change their chassis to teams. For example, Williams with the chassis of Force India. When I export the file williams.erp carmodel.layer, get me this message.
o7u3xc.jpg

Could help me how to change the chassis of the equipment? Thanks and greetings

Hello! I have a question how to change their chassis to teams. For example, Williams with the chassis of Force India. When I export the file williams.erp carmodel.layer, get me this message.
o7u3xc.jpg

Could help me how to change the chassis of the equipment? Thanks and greetings
Thats never happened to me maybe @Petar Tasev can help

Hi guys, I didn't know where to post this but... I've been able to change the drivers flag in the game. I was searching for a long time to see if someone already did it but i didn't find anything.
VcMeeyp.png

(I've swapped Mexico vs France)

AWESOME, which file did you edit for these?
a lot ^^
asset_groups/ui_package/flow_race
asset_groups/ui_package/post_race
asset_groups/ui_package/flow_car_monitor
etc...
everytime "drivers.nationality" is written. Then you have 89 or 96 textures (which you cannot see in ERP archiver but you an open them in photoshop with the correct plugin). I've seen that the 28th is France and 53rd is Mexico. etc..

a lot ^^
etc...
everytime "drivers.nationality" is written. Then you have 89 or 96 textures (which you cannot see in ERP archiver but you an open them in photoshop with the correct plugin). I've seen that the 28th is France and 53rd is Mexico. etc..
I tried making a list of the nationalities for it through the online nationality choosing but that doesn't work as there's more flags than there. But thanks for sharing!
I think the best way to use these would be to use a simple grey/black texture to neutralize the flags and it wouldn't be a problem for driver transfers then.

a lot ^^
etc...
How do you find the flags?

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea