F1 2016 Modding Questions Thread

F12016\asset_groups\f1_2016_vehicle_package\teams\teamx\wep\teamx.erp
is this the file that i should modify if i want to change the car performance for a specific team?
if so, if i want to modify both the team's performance in career and quick race, which file(s) inside the erp file and which fields in them do i need to modify?
is there a video or a tutorial that i could follow to do this?
thx and have a great day.

Hello, is there a way to edit the agent's dress? I'm tired of the same black dress every day and want it in team colors :).
I think the texture is located in "asset_groups/careerhub/agt_common.erp -> agent_dress_01_d.tga.dds". EEA says "could not create preview", but I can export the file. But then I cant open the dds file.
Anyone got an idea?

Hello, is there a way to edit the agent's dress? I'm tired of the same black dress every day and want it in team colors :).
I think the texture is located in "asset_groups/careerhub/agt_common.erp -> agent_dress_01_d.tga.dds". EEA says "could not create preview", but I can export the file. But then I cant open the dds file.
Anyone got an idea?

Currently, no image editing program (as far as I know) supports editing dds files with the BC7 compression. You need to use texconv to convert the dds file to a format such as tga before you can edit it. Once you're done you'll have to use the same tool to convert the tga back to dds BC7 format.

You can look at the wiki there for examples on how to use the command line programs to do the conversion.

EDIT: If you have photoshop, maybe you can try Intel's plugin. It might support BC7.

Currently, no image editing program (as far as I know) supports editing dds files with the BC7 compression. You need to use texconv to convert the dds file to a format such as tga before you can edit it. Once you're done you'll have to use the same tool to convert the tga back to dds BC7 format.
You can look at the wiki there for examples on how to use the command line programs to do the conversion.
EDIT: If you have photoshop, maybe you can try Intel's plugin. It might support BC7.

Thank you for your answer. Now I was able to convert the file to png and back to dds BC7. The new file has the same amount of mipmaps and the exact same file size. But unfortunately ingame nothing changes. So I think it is not possible to edit it...

Thank you for your answer. Now I was able to convert the file to png and back to dds BC7. The new file has the same amount of mipmaps and the exact same file size. But unfortunately ingame nothing changes. So I think it is not possible to edit it...

Looks like there's an agent dress in the asset_groups\animation_package\scenes\careerhub\upper\career_hub.erp. I was able to change her dress with that one.

I'm new to f1 2016 but have played previous games and have done some mods myself.. My question is if its possible to edit car performance and driver performance and if so which files should i tweak ?

Make sure to replace 'agent_dress_01_d.tga.dds' in all three places which are Lower, Upper and agt.common.erp.
ferrari2.jpg

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back