F1 2016 Modding Questions Thread

For example to change McLaren performance:
Go to asset_groups\f1_2016_vehicle_package\teams\mclaren\wep
Open mclaren.erp with Ego Erp Archiver
Under XML files there should be a mclaren.vtf
Go to XML files -> export and save it
You can edit the file with Notepad++
Some examples of things you can change:
* FuelECU - FuelBurnScale, FuelPowerScale ... ie. FuelPowerScale can be used similarly to engine_power_scale used in the previous games' ctf files. I haven't tried FuelBurnScale at 0.0, but 0.1 even works with FuelPowerScale greater than 1.25. Fun stuff if you want ridiculous wheelspin (FPS=2.0) or more severe variation through the fuel mixes, etc.
* BrakeECU - BrakeFront, BrakeRear
* Chassis - Mass
* Tyre (Front, Rear) - MinGrip, MaxGrip, GripMultiplier
* Engine, FuelTank, FuelECU, BrakeECU, Chassis, Steering, CoreAero, Differential, Brake, Tyre, Suspension, Wheel, etc
You can also copy and paste whats in the mercedes file to the other cars to make them quicker.
Which values would you guys say I'd need to change which would make the greatest difference?

Has anyone found a way to switch head models? With chassis switches possible might be possible to switch those too. I tried editing the incardriver xml to switch it but it didn't work

Turns out it's much simpler than I thought - I'll make a proper guide when I have the time:
For this example I'm putting a TR chassis on a mclaren:
1. Edit the TR paint and decal file
2. Overwrite the Mclaren paint and decal file with the TR one.
3. Export mclaren-carmodel.layer from pkg tab (Thanks to @arvaimate00 for finding it's this file!)
4. Open the TR.erp and export torrorosso-carmodel.layer
5. -I'm using http://www.jsoneditoronline.org/ to edit these .json files- change mclaren-carmodel.layer to look like this picture View attachment 168327
6. Overwrite mclaren-carmodel.layer with this new edited .json
7. Save the .erp

The only issue is that the animations still do not match some :/ if you put the Mercedes chassis on the Ferrari, The hands are way off same if you put the toro rosso on it :/

Yes when i cracked the chassis changes 2 weeks ago I checked them but the game crashes when you change even one value to it ;(

Does anyone have a dds of some Vandoorne helmet? I've tried to get one out of the mods already here but my erp archiver just says mismatched mipmaps (even if I put the mipmap there). I also attempted to just export the mipmap but it didn't work either. If someone could help me out it'd be very much appreciated!

Does anyone have a dds of some Vandoorne helmet? I've tried to get one out of the mods already here but my erp archiver just says mismatched mipmaps (even if I put the mipmap there). I also attempted to just export the mipmap but it didn't work either. If someone could help me out it'd be very much appreciated!
might be able to help you very soon if i think what you want ;)

Hiya trying to find a place to download the Ryder Language Editor, the link posted further back in this thread doesn't work and I'm not having much luck on google. Can someone help out?

EDIT: As soon as I post this I find something that works... Lol :p

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea