F1 2012 F1 2012: The End of Modding?

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)

Petar Tasev

Ryder25
If Dirt Showdown is anything to go by, CM are hiding away the database.bin which has been the key files to many great mods around this community. Whether they are doing the same thing in F1 2012 or not, I don't know, but please come support me to make sure that they leave the file like in the past so that we can continue to make great mods:

Thanks!

Sign this thread with a comment below to support us and we will send it to Codemasters

Really really not agree....

One suppose complete mod 1999 ( miss a lot of thing )
Almost of mod didnt change any driver suit, garage and pit box...
Mostly of mod are Helmet and some tweek AI

Sincerely our community aren't really big and before to make CM afraid because too mucch mod are coming out from us... its will be take long time.

For me.....I think we have some of the best amateur non paid modders to be found anywhere in all aspects of the Sim Racing community, covering a lot of different titles from different software houses. To say the community at RD isn't big enough is quite frankly laughable.

On the 1999 mod you speak of......as stated on the opening post on the actual mod, it was explained that due to RD migrating over to a new server, and other issues within the RDDev team, it couldn't be finished so it was decided too just release what had been done rather than waste the efforts that had been put into it already. The RDDev team do not tend to leave things unfinished (you only need to look at the 2011 Total conversion mod done for the 2010 game) and the amount of work that was put into that by the team to realise this. That conversion took about 4 months solid work in an attempt to get things correct and perfect from liveries, garages and AI behaviour.

So yes it will be a sad day if CM decide to shut the modders out for whatever reasons they may have.

For me.....I think we have some of the best amateur non paid modders to be found anywhere in all aspects of the Sim Racing community, covering a lot of different titles from different software houses. To say the community at RD isn't big enough is quite frankly laughable.

On the 1999 mod you speak of......as stated on the opening post on the actual mod, it was explained that due to RD migrating over to a new server, and other issues within the RDDev team, it couldn't be finished so it was decided too just release what had been done rather than waste the efforts that had been put into it already. The RDDev team do not tend to leave things unfinished (you only need to look at the 2011 Total conversion mod done for the 2010 game) and the amount of work that was put into that by the team to realise this. That conversion took about 4 months solid work in an attempt to get things correct and perfect from liveries, garages and AI behaviour.

So yes it will be a sad day if CM decide to shut the modders out for whatever reasons they may have.

Yah still bad if happen, but at this point F1 2011 and F1 2012 will be really similar about graphics. The point to cant change anything on database cant be **** to tweek properly IA and other stuff. But for painting, 2012 F1 model are not really good to some new skin with their tiny nose cone. So its happen, i will be angry but not so much

Steve tweetet a long time ago that they changed nothing to the file structure.
Don't worry, the game will be moddable. I thought that was clear already?!

Well, rumors spread way faster than what Steve Hood said in a single tweet - that's the problem. We'll see what happened (or not) to the file structure in around 48 hours. :)

Well, rumors spread way faster than what Steve Hood said in a single tweet - that's the problem. We'll see what happened (or not) to the file structure in around 48 hours. :)

True, i skip nearly all threads about "the end of modding" to skip all those rumors.
I bet it will be modable as it was last year. Even if its different there is always a way to do it.
So my Modcams will arrive asap.;)

Modmate

New style of helmet textures that include gloves and shoes (from higtxt_nico_hulkenberg)
FtTFS.jpg

As for suits, the logos are separate to the suit so I don't know what's going to happen there. Possibly a .xml with co-ords for the logos?

EDIT: Helmet texture (from ca2_tex_low_00.pssg)
ajRNh.jpg

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back