F1 2012 F1 2012: The End of Modding?

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)

Petar Tasev

Ryder25
If Dirt Showdown is anything to go by, CM are hiding away the database.bin which has been the key files to many great mods around this community. Whether they are doing the same thing in F1 2012 or not, I don't know, but please come support me to make sure that they leave the file like in the past so that we can continue to make great mods:

Thanks!

Sign this thread with a comment below to support us and we will send it to Codemasters

:D
Back to point if CM didn't allowed Modders to Mod the game then PC user's will stop playing the Game at some point :(
So every one Support Ryder in 2012 forum to make F1 2012 Moddable
hey everyone i cant stress enough the way i feel about this subject,i simply cant play the f1 games without the cam mods

codemasters have not thought about how very few driving cameras can possibly suit every player....i mean yes we have the cockpit view but we cant adjust the seat!

and yes we have the tv style cam but in 2010 and 2011 it was way to close for me.

so back to the point if codemasters were to say the modding will be banned for sure...i simply will not be purchasing the game :(

I'm not a guy who plays online, so I don't see how modding the game is a bad thing where I'm concerned. I don't even really use mods that change the mechanics, though I do adjust the skill stats for some of the drivers. Still, modding is a major part of why I play the PC version, and without it, I'm not going to.

(EDITED)
Excuse my posting the first part in the wrong thread.

For your information.
A. I use the Fergo BinXML Front-end to mod the XML files
B. You can easily use the Ryder PSSG Editor to mod pssg files.
Step 1: start editor as Administrator
Step 2: open .pssg file
Step 3: export the files
Step 4: the files will be downloaded as: .tga.dds
Step 5: using IrFan Viewer, open file, save as .tga
Step 6: open this new file in Gimp or Photoshop, mod it and save it as a . dds file.
Step7: make sure you compress it to either DX1 or DX5 like it was originally.
Step 8: change the name of this file by adding: ".tga" before the .dds, then you can import the file back into the pssg and save it.
I've modded various files. A few are locked but we have to see the complete version to really get down to business.

Reporting a mistake in the mod.
The new cam mod for F1 2012 has a code mistake at the bottom
of it. It made my game crash. Here is the mistake and the fix under it.

</View>
<Parameter name="renderParticlesBeforeGrass" type="bool" value="false" />
<Parameter name="yaw" type="scalar" value="0.0000" />
<Parameter name="pitch" type="scalar" value="-0.0180" />
<Parameter name="roll" type="scalar" value="0.0000" />
<Parameter name="offset" type="vector3" x="0.0000" y="0.4880" z="1.7380" />
</ViewManager>
</VehicleViewDefinition>

FIX

</View>
</ViewManager>
</VehicleViewDefinition>
You always have to close the parameters with </>

Well, it was a verry quick done mod and maybe i was abit tired of the day before waiting until night for the demo to release.:) Thanks for the hint, i will post a fix asap.

Greets Modmate

Coming over to here from another thread .....

Modmate, Installed the new fixed cams. I have only tried the McLaren camera, but the game crashed when I hit the replay button again.

Immediately into black screen, with the mouse cursor in the middle of the screen. I hit the ESC key and I am on the desktop, the game had already closed in the background.

I immediately re-instated the default cam. Ran the YDT test again in the McLaren, and the replay worked perfectly.

I am going to have to leave the cam alone for the moment, as my Autosave has now ceased to function (nothing to do with this problem), I just can't seem to fix it yet, after trying well known F1 2011 techniques, and verifying the game cache ..... Grrrrr

Cheers

Model out.

And so it begins all again.

:sneaky:

2012williams.jpg

Awesome work as always ML. Reckon you'll be releasing wireframes and models (similar to the ones you did for 2011) anytime soon?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back