F1 2012 F1 2012: The End of Modding?

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)

Petar Tasev

Ryder25
If Dirt Showdown is anything to go by, CM are hiding away the database.bin which has been the key files to many great mods around this community. Whether they are doing the same thing in F1 2012 or not, I don't know, but please come support me to make sure that they leave the file like in the past so that we can continue to make great mods:

Thanks!

Sign this thread with a comment below to support us and we will send it to Codemasters

Wasn't one of these topics made for F1 2011 aswell? (i mean the topic name, "end of modding")

I hope this time around CM have managed to stop access to all files that will improve the feel and performace from cars so that its all equal when racing people online. If they haven't stopped access at least make it so by editing those files the game become incompatable with vanilla versions which means they can still race onine but can't race with those who haven't edited or installed any mods that effect the cars performace.

Liveries should work I guess. But sad for the helmets indeed. That happened for F1 2011 aswell.

The only thing that I have seen that might cross over without having to redo it is the racecrew files.

Everything else from 2011 graphics wise is different.

But it may change for full game release, but I very much doubt it.

WIP helmet test.

4 different models needed for this......still trying to slimline it.

:sneaky:

test2012.jpg
Can't wait already! Here's hoping we get more helmet selections this time around.

Sky is done completely differently in 2012.

As with a lot of cross over files, you may need to tinker and just transfer over certain pssg files etc....not just the whole folder.

Please be aware that this is a potential copyright violation and we can't risk getting into legal trouble (for a reason!). I've thus removed parts of your post.

Only content created on your own is safe for now, so copying / editing the cars from the demo into your F1 2011 directory could cause trouble as well. However, I know that you guys are mature and wouldn't risk RD.

So I'll have good faith and believe that all 2012 cars were created on your own. That, however, is not possible when it comes to tracks since it's impossible to create tracks due to the lack of tools.

Tom

So this means We can have turkey and Nurburgring in 2012??
Not entirely, the AI works fine but the game hangs just before a pit stop.
Marshals also work.

@Tom Endres Just to clarify, which post did you edit?

EDIT: Just saw what was edited.

If I may ask what's the problem with copying files from the previous game (which of course you own) and placing it into the new game? It's been done with GTA without issues.
I haven't edited any files it's only a copy and paste job. My screenshots are of the 2012 game, the only 2011 content is the track.

Not entirely, the AI works fine but the game hangs just before a pit stop.
Marshals also work.

@Tom Endres Just to clarify, which post did you edit?

EDIT: Just saw what was edited.

If I may ask what's the problem with copying files from the previous game (which of course you own) and placing it into the new game? It's been done with GTA without issues.
I haven't edited any files it's only a copy and paste job. My screenshots are of the 2012 game, the only 2011 content is the track.

As per the Terms of Use for the game you're not allowed to reproduce, modify etc. files in any way - using them for any other purpose than the one intended by CodeMasters is theoretically a breach of said TOU. :)

As per the Terms of Use for the game you're not allowed to reproduce, modify etc. files in any way - using them for any other purpose than the one intended by CodeMasters is theoretically a breach of said TOU. :)
I don't want to cause trouble but I'm not modifying nor reproducing the files just moving them to a different location. I'm sure people don't get in trouble for choosing a different install path to the default.

@Kartik Sri Harsha Turkey works. Of course I can't tell you how.
f12012turkey.jpg

I'm streaming at <removed>right now (so you can see how it works) but of course I won't be showing how its done.

I've removed the link - please do not try to circumvent such restrictions. It's not like I enjoy removing such stuff...all links to 2012 cars for F1 2011 have been removed as well or will be removed shortly. Please continue to report posts about such content.

Also, you're using the files outside of their designation - that'd pose a breach of the license.

As much as I like the idea of having those cars / tracks in F1 2011, we'll have to be careful about this. If you create 2012 cars on your own, from scratch, you're good to go - if you're using the ones that come with F1 2012 or the F1 2012 demo, we'll have to step in.

As much as I like the idea of having those cars / tracks in F1 2011, we'll have to be careful about this. If you create 2012 cars on your own, from scratch, you're good to go - if you're using the ones that come with F1 2012 or the F1 2012 demo, we'll have to step in.

I completely agrees, and I support it.
It would not be desirable problems for our site.
It would be desirable, as far as it is possible, by means of our modder to improve game F1 2012, to add real banners on tracks, to change skins of cars and helmets.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back