F1 2011 F1 2011 - Bug Report Thread

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
The game was awesome until the gremlins came out. First the sound went out, had to restart, the had to repick my custom wheel setup, and then the G27 got whacked out so much the game is unplayable. I was loving it until the gremlins reared their ugly heads out.

Anybody having issues?

t9crash.jpg
]If you ran over curb inside T9 in India you'll lose front of the car with wheels etc like in head-on collision. Thats insane.

This happened to me at Spa. Exactly the same thing, the whole front left of the car collapsed and disintegrated. Bug or damage feature? I was attacking the curb very very hard.

Cheers!

think i found a bug..

while qualifying in my first career race in Q1 with a williams
i set a time of 1.24.xxx so im happy, would have made it to Q2
end of first session im looking at the leader board i couldnt find my name at the 15th spot ??
no it was at 24th "DSQ" i tought wat the F##..
so tried again restarted the session again a reasonable time of 1.24.xxx, fastforwarded the time
and again "DSQ" but i noticed something while i was in the pitbox my car was transparant and the engineer was talking to me like i was still on the track. so first i tought maybe im not allowed to use so much DRS at qualifying.
but i searched the official rules and it says im allowed to use as much DRS as i like in Qualifying...
this realy is a game breaker for me

Last lap, leading by 3 seconds, fuel runs out, finish in 10th.. Anybody got any ideas why??

Are you running the whole race with a rich fuel mix? If so, you WILL run out of fuel every time. On the third 'tab' (for lack of a better word) on your car info display whilst on track, the first item on there says whether your fuel is optimum (even when it's optimum you may run out on the last lap) or if you will have enough for extra laps, etc. I'd say set your fuel mix to standard or lean once you get to the last couple of laps, or wait a few laps to set it to rich. This is all assuming that is the problem however.

little annoyance. every time i launch the game, it is at a wrong aspect ratio. the graphic is set to 16:9, graphic options are saved, but i have to go there anyway to get the aspect ratio right. i don't really have to change anything, just go to graphics and return.

running 3 screens on eyefinity setup, ati hd5870. the bug started after i tried it on dx9, but i'm not sure if this was the reason. i went back to dx11 and it remains.

Are you running the whole race with a rich fuel mix? If so, you WILL run out of fuel every time. On the third 'tab' (for lack of a better word) on your car info display whilst on track, the first item on there says whether your fuel is optimum (even when it's optimum you may run out on the last lap) or if you will have enough for extra laps, etc. I'd say set your fuel mix to standard or lean once you get to the last couple of laps, or wait a few laps to set it to rich. This is all assuming that is the problem however.

I popped it into "fast" mix with about 5 laps to go to get past those infront, i suppose i was over revving a bit. It would have been a sweet victory from 9th on the grid on a full lap race of melbourne...

For the guys that, like me have the temptation to flashbacks keep in mind this year we have a punishment.
Two races, one in grand prix mode, Brazil, Maclaren, 50%, the other in career mode, Australia, Force India, 50%.
All sims on, Hard settings.
And the bug is when you push a flashback you lose your fuel, so i push 4 flashbacks i run out of fuel 3 laps to the end of the race.
After more and more practice i finish the career race with no probs, cause didnt use any flashback. LOL.
But im gone do some more testing.

I found one bug too. I am running with Williams and in Malaysia I have lost race in pitstops. I was 8th on start, and needed to start with option tires as I set my time with them. Than, while I was at pits 3 or 4 drivers entered the pits. I thought, well, I will loose 2-3 seconds while they pass, but than McLaren, Ferrari, RB and Mercedes who also pitted finished their stops so I needed to wait for them. But I will not take that as bug as I got released right in front of Webber at Valencia.

This was just introduction. Because of what happened I wanted to start the race on primes at China so that I have to pit later than all AI drivers. I wanted to keep them as fresh as possible so I haven't set a time in Q3 (something like Force India did in Singapore). But when time for race came I was sitting in my garage and next to my car were option tires. I tried to change them but game said that I have to start on tires on which I have set my time. What is even more ridiculous, I set my best time in Q2 on primes. So I had to start on options and my whole race was ruined than.

(sorry if this has come up already)
Playing PC multiplayer online custom GP 20% race today around Montreal, I was racing with about half a dozen other real players. After a bad start, I worked my way up through the places eventually into second place. With a few laps to go the guy infront of me seemed to disappear off the players list (i couldn't physically see him disappear because he was too far infront) so I was then in 1st place for the last few laps and finished as such. I assumed he'd disconnected or something.

Then when the results came up, I saw he was in first place and I had finished in second. I messaged him and he just said it was a bug, so i thought I'd mention it here. Sorry i didn't find out more information. I was wondering if anyone else has encountered similar playing online?

I have to check it during second race, but in Australia all my opponents from top ten in quali started on Options and finish on Options with one pit-stop. At least that was information from "Race Director". I was the only one car in top 10 running on Primes after pit-stop.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.