F1 2011 F1 2011 - Bug Report Thread

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
The game was awesome until the gremlins came out. First the sound went out, had to restart, the had to repick my custom wheel setup, and then the G27 got whacked out so much the game is unplayable. I was loving it until the gremlins reared their ugly heads out.

Anybody having issues?

@evildaave and @tony ... i had the same problem (i presume you mean crash on start when it trys to load) and the fix is simply just go to your docs\my games\FormulaOne2011 and delete your save game folder. It's just a corrupt save thats crashing your game due to the fact it cant load anything and gets confused. Hope this helps ^_^

@glight

this is a great find for amd/ati user's it gives me a few more fps'es
altough nothing spectacular without the tool i get 34 fps average where i get 43 average with radeonpro activated

my rig:
Asus formula 4 motherboard
Sapphire HD4890 fapor-x 2048 mb memory CFX factory OC'ed
AMD phenom 2 x4 965 @3.4ghz
8GB ddr3 corsair memory

only problem i found so far is the anoying CTD in career while in practise and select flyinglap.
when u select the engineer the background sort of fades out, select flyinglap and it would/should load.
sometimes the background wont fade out when u select the engineer and the moment it should load your flying lap it CTD's..

I never got the 'stuttering prob' on 2010, but I get it in 2011, but seams to be only in carear mode afer about 4 laps!!! FPS is about 50-60 but every 4-5 secs a stutter/hesitation, strange but it doesnt do it in time attack/GP mode. It was terrible on Albert park in the rain, so I did the same race but in GP mode with no problem???? I seam to remember the prob with 2010 was the replay file, but I cant find the equivalent in 2011.
my rig:
AMD 810 Phen II x4 @2.8
8 gig ram
GTX 560 ti
Win 7 64bit

"Same problem here Evildaave. 4 hours game play and now it just crashes. I've tried loading it from the EXE in steamapps folder too. No love....sigh. Oh well, back to iRacing till they figure it out"

+1 !!

I never got the 'stuttering prob' on 2010, but I get it in 2011, but seams to be only in carear mode afer about 4 laps!!! FPS is about 50-60 but every 4-5 secs a stutter/hesitation, strange but it doesnt do it in time attack/GP mode. It was terrible on Albert park in the rain, so I did the same race but in GP mode with no problem???? I seam to remember the prob with 2010 was the replay file, but I cant find the equivalent in 2011.
my rig:
AMD 810 Phen II x4 @2.8
8 gig ram
GTX 560 ti
Win 7 64bit

Make sure you have show hidden files and folders ticked otherwise it wont be visible

Just an update on the 'stuttering 'prob, it did it again but this time I got to lap 8 on albert park with no problems, then someone ran into the back of me and it started to do it(every 4-5 secs hesitation), so I managed to complete the race, and watched the replay to see if it showed up there as well, and what do you know,the replay ends at the moment of contact on lap 8 ???!!!???!!? Anyone know if you can disable replays altogether?

The camber values are correct this time in 2011, i have mentioned that faulth months ago on the 2010 forum
Still a mistake in the setup forum : the ARB: the front one is ok, if you want a stiff front ABR slide it to the right side ( higher value), if you want a soft back ABR ( like normal f1 cars have: stiff front, soft back) slide it to the right side ( higher value) and not to the left as you would expect.......

well here is a good one, pc all up to date, genuine f1 2011 disk, genuine windows 7 32bit, playing 20% races with logitech dfgt, played the first two races on career mode done all 3 paractice sessions and quali 1 on 3rd track shanghai after about 2 laps of quali 2 sound cuts out cars dissapear from track but game still runs if i quit to garage then return to track i get black screen but with all hud features still on screen and still no sound anyone have any ideas??

tried all the above advice,
have turned vsync off,anti-virus, all back ground programs off,
even restarted pc twice still to no avail please i need someones help

ok this is even stranger i can play full grid 20% distance on grand prix, but cannot play same settings on career ......and yes i have also now made the replay file read only any other help would be great.

ok another hour passed by and finally got to finish my 20% race at shanghai without it crashing.
1 thing i did notice is that i understand some on here are having problems with rapture audio ( i changed mine back to rapture audio and changed from dx11 to dx 9) everything worked without faulter.

you guys will love this one:

PS3 Turkey Online 24 car grid

Braking for T11 i glitch to the pit lane by screen goes black but my OSD stays up i get blue flags

CM you hav made a GOD AWFUL game everyday i play this 'game' i hate it even more i REALLY hope this gets patched soon cos i WILL be going back to F1 2010, on the PC im sure its amazing but the PS3 cant handle it :(

• Deleted member 22120

A picture is worth a thousand words

Same happened to me. Also in a Williams but in Spa. I restarted the game, but after loading the menu pops up; after closing it just pops up again and again... Someone has the same bug?

Hi guys, I have a problem with the sound. After about 30-40 mins of racing, qual, practice, all the sound just goes off and the race messes up. I have to exit the game and start over to get it back.

Any help would be great thanks

I have problem with online gaming. 90% or more the connection failed msg when I try to play online. What is the problem at CM side? There is no router in my system, my PC directly conects to a modem. I'm really frustrated reading alway connection failed... and loading times... win7 boots faster than this game gets me into a lobby...

Tire Graphics Glitch or What?

I've seen some pretty bad graphics problems posted already. My copy is for the PS3. The movement gets choppy coming out of the garage, small thing. Big Thing: My tires appear as gradient shades of grey to black. It doesn't look like an actual surface of a hot melting tire as they are in real life until you run over grass or gravel. It looks really CHEAP! Why go and create graphics for rain conditions if you can even do the tires which can be seen all the time in cockpit view. Even F1 2010 appears as a rubber surface with shine. I would rather see the tire degrading than look at my HUD and see the tires are "red". PS: manage your tire choice before you pit or else you will end up with two sets of the option tire which is only good for 5 laps max.

Played Online with a friend (PC-Version). After 2 rounds the race stopped for me, I was declared winner (even I was 15th at this moment) and the Result showed all other drivers disqualified. Funny thing, cause my friend was still racing in the game with the others. I have now a win in my stats.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back