F1 2011 F1 2011 - Bug Report Thread

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
The game was awesome until the gremlins came out. First the sound went out, had to restart, the had to repick my custom wheel setup, and then the G27 got whacked out so much the game is unplayable. I was loving it until the gremlins reared their ugly heads out.

Anybody having issues?

A little bug in the co-op championship on PS3.

My mate had a 20 position grid penalty in Practice, went out in Q2 and was 17th on the grid for the race.
My tyres in Q3 were all 100% despite using all Options to get into Q3.

I've had a few weird game crashes on the PC as well. One in China I ended up having no wheels in the replay and loads of lines up to the sky like I was a thunderbird vehicle lol. I also got written off at that point by going over a kerb (about turn 7 or 8).

Launched the game with my wheel but forgot to turn the wheel on for Force Feedback, after restarting the game it just hung before loading to the menu - pressing enter to clear the wheel settings fixed this.

(sorry if this has come up already)
Playing multiplayer online custom GP 20% race today around Montreal, I was racing with about half a dozen other real players. After a bad start, I worked my way up through the places eventually into second place. With a few laps to go the guy infront of me seemed to disappear off the players list (i couldn't physically see him disappear because he was too far infront) so I was then in 1st place for the last few laps and finished as such. I assumed he'd disconnected or something.

Then when the results came up, I saw he was in first place and I had finished in second. I messaged him and he just said it was a bug, so i thought I'd mention it here. Sorry i didn't find out more information. I was wondering if anyone else has encountered similar playing online?

The game sometimes loses track of some other players and completely removes them from the HUD. However, after every player crosses the finish line correct times and positions are shown. Not a major bug, but definitely annoying during the race. :/

There doesnt seem to be any organisation to this Bug Report Thread - who is managing it? shouldnt the reported bugs be getting listed on the 1st post by the OP or admin so we can keep track and perhaps prevent the same bug being posted numerous times?

Seems a bit chaotic and not really adding much value in its current state.

this is getting more and more ridiculous. Already second career lost due to corrupted save game. I was on German GP, did FP1 and than normally exited the game. Now I want to continue but game crashes when tries to load data. Thanks CM

Hey anybody got connection lost during onlinne race and how to fix it?

there are numerous reasons for a lost connection in online. The only ones you are in control of are -

1. Router - ensure correct ports are forwarded which will stop conflicts with any other PCs or programs on your network.
2. Firewall - ensure TCP/UDP ports are allowing traffic in both directions for the game.
3. Game Mods - database and some other non-cosmetic mods will cause disconnects.

If all those 3 are ok, then its just down to the known issues with multiplayer - or of course the host could be the one with the above problems.

this is getting more and more ridiculous. Already second career lost due to corrupted save game. I was on German GP, did FP1 and than normally exited the game. Now I want to continue but game crashes when tries to load data. Thanks CM

OK, I managed to find out which file caused my problems. File is called GTEHXOSJZ_0 and can be found in autosave folder. I managed to save my career and I have only to repeat Silverstone (which is not that bad as I finished in barriers)

In career mode, I spun out at the high-speed chicane at Australia into the gravel. Skidding sideways through the trap, the car began to roll over. It rolled all the way over and landed on its wheels nicely. I watched this in replay then Alt+Enter'd out of the game to open Fraps to record this. Alt+Entering back into the game, this happened. Some weird bug to say the least.

An entire section of the circuit turns into a grey thing of nothingness. Seems like its position-dependant.

Something weird just happened on my career. I finished qualifying for Malaysia 17th in the Lotus, clicked continue to go to the race (at the bottom menu) on the screen showing all the times at the end of the session, and I went straight to Practice in Shanghai!! It skipped the entire Malaysian GP!

I looked on the race calendar page and it said I qualified 17th and also finished 17th, fastest lap was N/A. Really weird, has this happened to anyone else?

PS3 - Co-op Malaysia
In a McLaren I got a 1.31.9 with all assists off in Q. No way should I be that fast. AI were around 1.41 on Legend/Expert (I reloaded to check it was that poor).
Just to add salt to the wound, I got a DSQ for parking on the side to see to a crying kid upstairs, and from the race I got a DSQ for being side-swipped onto the grass and whilst breaking illegally overtaking cars :( What a waste of 2 hours of my life lol.

PC - VERY low framerate online, about 18 FPS, with only few cars on track. Offline with 24 cars on the grid regularly exceeds 60FPS. Not sure whether this counts as a bug or not but I haven't been able to fix it.

There doesnt seem to be any organisation to this Bug Report Thread - who is managing it?

Nobody, if somebody from codemasters comes by they can read it. We are not going to actively summary all the bugs for Codemasters. Thats their job. James and me have already more than enough on our plate :)

RaceDepartment is run by volunteers. Codemasters has full time community managers employed. Thats the difference :)

Nobody, if somebody from codemasters comes by they can read it. We are not going to actively summary all the bugs for Codemasters. Thats their job. James and me have already more than enough on our plate :)

RaceDepartment is run by volunteers. Codemasters has full time community managers employed. Thats the difference :)

Okies, but you misunderstand. I was meaning more for the benefit of RD forum members, didn't think it was a report for CM.
Just seems like this thread has turned into a bit of a black hole :D

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • Prizes

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Trophies

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Forum trophies