F1 2012 [EGO Engine APP] CTF (Car Performance) Editor

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)

Petar Tasev

Ryder25
After a lot of hard work from Miek and I...

Ryder CTF Editor

version 1.2.2013.0106
With this program you can edit CarTuningFile (CTF,CSV) files for the EGO engine games. These files contain car performance data.

Features:
  • Intuitive GUI -- The graphics user interface has been built to allow maximum ease of use when editing files.
  • Easy Compare -- Aside from the files' data being lined up side by side, with the click of a button the program will show you all the differences between the files.
  • Community Involvement -- Schema files for each game are in xml format so that modders can edit descriptions of their findings for the file's values and share them with each other.
  • Open With -- Allows you to choose "Open With" and select this program to open CTF files.
Changelog
    • Improved Error Checking
    • Changed FloatList Unknown to Step
    • DragDrop Feature to Open Files
    • Small Update to Schema Files
    • Added Support for Race Driver Grid
    • Improved UI in Column Filter and FileDialog areas
    • Added Support for Dirt Showdown, and F1 2012 games
    • First Release
Credits
  • Ryder25 - For creating the program. (tasevp(at)yahoo(dot)com)
  • Miek - For figuring out the schemas for the files which make all of this possible.
  • luh-koala - For creating program icon.
  • famfamfam.com - For the "silk" menu icons.
DOWNLOAD MIRROR

RCE10.png

Let me know if there are any problems. I encourage you to do the "community involvement" thing that way we can all figure out what certain values mean!

Last edited:
quick question, the bumpyness amplification value gives better crashes, but only works for the cars the player drive, not for the ai, how to make it work on ai too? what other values are for the cars turning over and flying in the air when crash occur at high speed?

try it and you will see, when you drive fast on grass dirt or any other bumpy surface, it more like damage physics, your car will turn over and bumped surface will send you flying with great speed and damage to your car. Just like in real F1, this would make the crashes absolutely cool and realistic. but it won't work with AI, just your car. please if you find out if this can be done with AI, let me know.

I'm currently trying to see if I can figure out if I can get the computer cars to drive like I do (not "poorly") for all you jokesters out there. The stock grip levels were driving me nuts, holding a turn just didnt "feel" like I would expect an f1 car to, so I bumped front and rear grip to a 1.15, which honestly is still a little high, will probably bring it down a bit, but unfortunately, that level of grip which I am comfy with makes me just absolutely FLY in comparison with the CPU and I am gaining mupltiple seconds a lap. I changed all the computer cars grip stats as well, but unfortunately no dice, they might be a bit faster, but nothing to write home to mom about. My only thought is they are driving as they were programmed and were never programmed to have that much grip, I am hoping I am wrong, because I am digging this level of control, but without anyone ot race gainst, its pointless.

So far I have figured out
Grip
Mass
Fuel Mass
KERS

has anyone switched a car to AWD yet? Think that would definitely pick up the grip lol

I'm currently trying to see if I can figure out if I can get the computer cars to drive like I do (not "poorly") for all you jokesters out there. The stock grip levels were driving me nuts, holding a turn just didnt "feel" like I would expect an f1 car to, so I bumped front and rear grip to a 1.15, which honestly is still a little high, will probably bring it down a bit, but unfortunately, that level of grip which I am comfy with makes me just absolutely FLY in comparison with the CPU and I am gaining mupltiple seconds a lap. I changed all the computer cars grip stats as well, but unfortunately no dice, they might be a bit faster, but nothing to write home to mom about. My only thought is they are driving as they were programmed and were never programmed to have that much grip, I am hoping I am wrong, because I am digging this level of control, but without anyone ot race gainst, its pointless.

So far I have figured out
Grip
Mass
Fuel Mass
KERS

has anyone switched a car to AWD yet? Think that would definitely pick up the grip lol

Well, I don't know what you can't find. I mean, the values's names say pretty much everything. The first time I opened the files - I figured out a lot of things even without testing...

Well, I don't know what you can't find. I mean, the values's names say pretty much everything. The first time I opened the files - I figured out a lot of things even without testing...

...not sure what you mean. I dont know that I said I couldnt find anything specific, more so I am trying to figure out how to get the AI cars to utilize their newfound grip/speed.

Though I will say, what I meant regarding what I have "figured out" was not only what they do, but also what adjustments to make to get my desired result, a lot of the stats I look at and I honestly dont know whether up or down with make a positive improvement, how much to adjust by etc

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back