F1 2012 [EGO Engine APP] CTF (Car Performance) Editor

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)

Petar Tasev

Ryder25
After a lot of hard work from Miek and I...

Ryder CTF Editor

version 1.2.2013.0106
With this program you can edit CarTuningFile (CTF,CSV) files for the EGO engine games. These files contain car performance data.

Features:
  • Intuitive GUI -- The graphics user interface has been built to allow maximum ease of use when editing files.
  • Easy Compare -- Aside from the files' data being lined up side by side, with the click of a button the program will show you all the differences between the files.
  • Community Involvement -- Schema files for each game are in xml format so that modders can edit descriptions of their findings for the file's values and share them with each other.
  • Open With -- Allows you to choose "Open With" and select this program to open CTF files.
Changelog
    • Improved Error Checking
    • Changed FloatList Unknown to Step
    • DragDrop Feature to Open Files
    • Small Update to Schema Files
    • Added Support for Race Driver Grid
    • Improved UI in Column Filter and FileDialog areas
    • Added Support for Dirt Showdown, and F1 2012 games
    • First Release
Credits
  • Ryder25 - For creating the program. (tasevp(at)yahoo(dot)com)
  • Miek - For figuring out the schemas for the files which make all of this possible.
  • luh-koala - For creating program icon.
  • famfamfam.com - For the "silk" menu icons.
DOWNLOAD MIRROR

RCE10.png

Let me know if there are any problems. I encourage you to do the "community involvement" thing that way we can all figure out what certain values mean!

Last edited:
Awesome tool. One thing though. I have issues with the file actually saving. Once i have overwritten the file I often witness the program warning me that the file isn't saved before i close the file or program. The file appears to need to be saved over itself twice before the editor registers a save. Ive been re opening the same file to check if it failed saving or not and quite often a single alteration plus a save doesn't register

Just in case it was a read only setting i changed the installation to NOT be read only, although the CTF files were already set that way.

Running as ADMIN doesn't seem to help either

Any advice on what might be wrong?

Thanks

EDIT: It appears this issue arises from opening and editing then saving single files. If I open multiple CTF files and save them they stay saved with the values I have altered.

...not sure what you mean. I dont know that I said I couldnt find anything specific, more so I am trying to figure out how to get the AI cars to utilize their newfound grip/speed.

Though I will say, what I meant regarding what I have "figured out" was not only what they do, but also what adjustments to make to get my desired result, a lot of the stats I look at and I honestly dont know whether up or down with make a positive improvement, how much to adjust by etc
True. An example of this is final drive. Increasing the value shortens the gears overall which may confuse some unless you experiment with figures to see the results after a long re load of the game.

I just tested this to make sure and I'm not getting any kind of save problems. I just simply opened a file, edited one value, then saved and I was able to close without any messages. I have no idea what the problem could be.

Is anyone else getting this?

Been messing around with MASS REVS and FINALRATIO settings.
Vid shows how fast you can go with a few tweaks.

I hope for the online community that the game doesn't allow for modified CTF file
Sorry about the video being dark, its a FRAPS encoding issue apparently.

Been messing around with MASS REVS and FINALRATIO settings.
Vid shows how fast you can go with a few tweaks.

I hope for the online community that the game doesn't allow for modified CTF file
Sorry about the video being dark, its a FRAPS encoding issue apparently.

Has anyone actually tried if this works online? This could make a huge problem! If some noobs make their cars ultra fast...

Hi Gang

I gave up on f1 2011 after a couple of weeks due to the lack of car tweaks i can do. After finding this little application i thought i might have another go at f1 2011. I have installed this editor and the .net 4 but when i open the f1 2011 files through the editor they always come up blank, what could i be missing here?

Regards

F1A

ha, found the ctf files, was looking in tracks instead of cars. I want to adjust gearing for the tracks and have found in the car files there are 1 to 8 gears listed, anyone know if there is a final drive that can be tweaked instead of adjusting every gear?

F1A

Hey guys,

I have been able to find the ctf files and tweak the final drive ratio and the gears for a certain track and then save them but it makes no difference to the gearing at the track. The speed ranges are still the same as the default!! what have i missed here?

F1A

Sorry guys, im still confused.

I want to enable KERS for the Caterham, so ive gone into the track files of that car and put "400000" for KERS capacity, yet when i go to play it, i still dont have KERS? Why is this?

I also changed the balanced files KERS capacity to "400000"... Could this be why?

EDIT: Just changed the balanced file KERS capacity to "0" and there's still no change.

hmmm

is that mod using the torro rosso? Coz the guy might have used ever single catagory from the torro rosso, essentially making it a Torro Rosso with Caterham chassis.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back