Resource icon

Tracks Donington Park 2.02

Login or Register an account to download this content
Great mod. Might be worth updating to a 2019 version as the last chicane on the national circuit now doesn’t have the red sausage kerbs. Also some small changes elsewhere.

Does anyone else experience this with csp preview 127 and sol 1.2?

Both are pristine clean installs

Especially watch the exterior cam

Does anyone else experience this with csp preview 127 and sol 1.2?

Both are pristine clean installs

Especially watch the exterior cam

I'm having the same issues with flickering kerbing and tyre walls in the first half of the track with Sol 1.2 and csp 127 or 128. It was all fine with Sol 1.1.1 and csp 74.
Things seem to be fine at other tracks so I think its something specific to dp 2018.
Its even worse on the old dp 1.5

Its a shame as its pretty much my fave track!

I'm having the same issues with flickering kerbing and tyre walls in the first half of the track with Sol 1.2 and csp 127 or 128. It was all fine with Sol 1.1.1 and csp 74.
Things seem to be fine at other tracks so I think its something specific to dp 2018.
Its even worse on the old dp 1.5

Its a shame as its pretty much my fave track!

Well at least we found out it's not a donington specific issue. It happens on other tracks too. We'll have to wait for Ilja to fix it.

same here , on 1st part of the track and the last part of the track , also it looks like this in the flickers parts of the track on the replay

zvwwb8.png

• Deleted member 197115

Fixed it for me and some users on Discord, but could be different from what you are experiencing.

Please try p129 now. You can re-enable "use dynamic ambient". At least on donington2018 the problem seems fixed while racing (haven't checked replays for the less visible phantom pixelations).

If you are getting weird textures on the pitlane to the right, that's due to "add reflections to roads" under Track Enhancements being active. You'll see one half of oil stains on the track tainted with the sky color while the other doesn't, I don't believe this is possible to fix in the way that effect works and affects track parts only or blends it over. This new effect can also cause unpleasant visuals on some weather/time combinations, so you might just keep it off (p.e., nords in the morning).
road_reflections.jpg

Last edited:
Please try p129 now. You can re-enable "use dynamic ambient". At least on donington2018 the problem seems fixed while racing (haven't checked replays for the less visible phantom pixelations).

129 fixed not only donington but other tracks too. No more flickering / black objects / shimmering. Let's get back on track :D

@SunBro OT: I confirm it solved the problems I had at night on Norisring (flickering black walls) and Road America (black bridge with static reflections, and constant flickering near both bridges). These two tracks continue with some problems, on norisring animated flags are black (most certainly csp related), and on road america there are a lot of objects that will need new exceptions on the config files so they don't sway with wind (sunoco sign, decals on speedville bridge, etc).

Last edited:
Very nice work!

But I'm having some issues with the framerate dropping, especially through the tighter corners (especially the last two double left and right handers on GP layout, and coming out of one of the uphill right handers). Some other people in our group experienced this as well..

No issues with any other mod track and Kunos tracks, so likely an optimization thing. According to another guy, seems unrelated to graphics settings, but I can't confirm that..

Would be great if you could fix it if able to replicate the issue!

Yeah, I've noticed that before as well.

Think it's a case of the objects in view changing rapidly because your rate of turn is much faster in slow corners. Possibly not helped by the close proximity to the pits because they're the most detailed part of the track.

Unfortunately it's not something that I'm planning to investigate, sorry.

Is it not something of merging track side objects into fewer groups? I've read something about this way back, sure you know more about it than me, but maybe it sparks a simple solution.. Not pushing of course, but if someone knows a simple solution, this could make the track more useful than it already is!

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.