Resource icon

Tracks Donington Park 2.02

Login or Register an account to download this content
Thanks for this great, great track.

There's a problem though:

It's one I'm getting with this Donington (and the older version) which I get with a few other mod tracks: the painted white lines (not the kerbs) that run along the edges of the track can't have shadows cast on them. I think it's cos they're actually above the imprint of the shadow. It's noticeable when a car in front go over one of these white lines.

The recent, and excellent, Kyalami 2016 had this problem too (for me, at least) which Prototype managed to fix.

I mentioned it here in that thread.

I really hope it's fixable.
EDIT: this problem includes the kerbs.

Last edited:
Just passed 200,000 downloads!

Huge thanks to everyone who's been responsible for its popularity. Still amazed to think it started from nothing more than curiosity over the track building process.

Here's hoping they don't change the kerb colour again any time soon...

Last edited:
Just passed 200,000 downloads!

Huge thanks to everyone who's been responsible for its popularity. Still amazed to think it started from nothing more than curiosity over the track building process.

Here's hoping they don't change the kerb colour again any time soon...
Congratulations Brun, this is a top quality mod and by far my go to track!

Thank you and well done mate!

is there anyway Donnington 2.02 can be updated to to work with all the deems packs he created for donnington 1.15?

Donnington 1.15 has poor grass and no grassfx in CSP (but has all seasons from deem) and Donnington 2.02 as nice grassfx and textures etc but none of the seasonal packs from deem work.

Between the 2 there is 1 amazing track here, but we need someone to make an update, either brun or Deem XD

How to fix this?
aaaaaaa.jpg

You "fix" it by reverting to a CSP version with less bugs, instead of the freshest available. There's a problem with mapping on flags on latest versions. You'll get that probably on 0.1.49 and 0.1.50.

IIRC this track uses a similar method to animate trees in vanilla ac, so they become affected too.

Last edited:
actually this track is fine, he is talking about another version, its track-folder name has a (recent, not old) year attached to it
for that broken one insert this into csp config:
[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_0]
MATERIALS=Trees
SHADER=ksTree

or update track config for it in CM with right click, its updated on github

I have a problem all of a sudden, half of my opponents pull in to the pits after 1st lap. Happens with a 20+ grid. Anybody else experienced this? Seems the AI has gone funny. re-installed the track but same issue. Does anybody have an updated AI for this track?

EDIT: Actually it only happens with the Nissan Primerra BTCC mod. All others are fine.

Last edited:
I have a problem all of a sudden, half of my opponents pull in to the pits after 1st lap. Happens with a 20+ grid. Anybody else experienced this? Seems the AI has gone funny. re-installed the track but same issue. Does anybody have an updated AI for this track?

EDIT: Actually it only happens with the Nissan Primerra BTCC mod. All others are fine.
Dont think its track related then. Maybe the mod's fuel consumption numbers are messed up

Please take a look at this post.
This applies to any track suffering the same by missing data\ideal_line.ai.

The AI on the National circuit is glitched during a race weekend - specifically in qualifying. Many of the cars can't leave their pit boxes - which doesn't happen in the practice session beforehand. The AIs affected by this will drive straight into the pit wall and retire at the start of the race. Quick Race works fine.

Have you tried disabling the new Ai from csp, the whole "new ai behavior" section (and also adding a ideal_line.ai file as in my previous post)?
Just tried a weekend on Don.18 nat. vs 15 ai on tatuus, and after 2m all left the pits on quali. Race start went without incidents too.

Have you tried disabling the new Ai from csp, the whole "new ai behavior" section (and also adding a ideal_line.ai file as in my previous post)?
Just tried a weekend on Don.18 nat. vs 15 ai on tatuus, and after 2m all left the pits on quali. Race start went without incidents too.

I tried the ideal_line.ai: no change. I'll try finding "new ai behavior", thanks. Sounds promising as vanilla AI in AC is not great. AFAIK I'm using vanilla AI though... I'm not using CSP fully. Maybe physics extensions will help.

Last edited:
I was referring to the opposite, to disable the "new ai behavior" module from CSP (cm>settings>csp>new ai behavior), which comes on by default. IIRC I've seen users mentioning it causing random ai starting grid problems. It also lets you cache some stuff as an option, so try also disabling that if you've manually changed it while the module is active. gl

I was referring to the opposite, to disable the "new ai behavior" module from CSP (cm>settings>csp>new ai behavior), which comes on by default. IIRC I've seen users mentioning it causing random ai starting grid problems. It also lets you cache some stuff as an option, so try also disabling that if you've manually changed it while the module is active. gl

I'm not using Content Manager so far. Have just installed CSP 0.1.46. Cheers. Still not sure if racing AI in AC will ever be good anyway. Maybe I'll stick to iRacing for actual racing.

Then please do the following, on Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg\extension\ drop the attached file. It'll disable that component (hopefully without needing cm), so you can test if that's what is giving you trouble.
Still, if you're using CSP, I really recommend you to use the free CM version, so you can set all options for csp via gui. (It's also incredibly handy so you can set your presets for ai grids and all kinds of other stuff to swap quickly.)

An easier way would be to try without csp, just by temporarily renaming the dwrite.dll file on the assettocorsa root. But I guess if it's anything csp related, it should be on that particular module.

AI on AC can be fun, as long as you don't push on the first lap where they are very slow. Also, keep aggression low if you want them to give enough space to avoid accidents (even when it should be your turn to), specially for open wheelers. Gl

Attachments

• new_behaviour.ini
    22 bytes · Views: 92
Last edited:
Then please do the following, on Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg\extension\ drop the attached file. It'll disable that component (hopefully without needing cm), so you can test if that's what is giving you trouble.
Still, if you're using CSP, I really recommend you to use the free CM version, so you can set all options for csp via gui. (It's also incredibly handy so you can set your presets for ai grids and all kinds of other stuff to swap quickly.)

An easier way would be to try without csp, just by temporarily renaming the dwrite.dll file on the assettocorsa root. But I guess if it's anything csp related, it should be on that particular module.

AI on AC can be fun, as long as you don't push on the first lap where they are very slow. Also, keep aggression low if you want them to give enough space to avoid accidents (even when it should be your turn to), specially for open wheelers. Gl
Thanks. I have a feeling it's possibly linked to the unfortunate shaking car problem; which is possibly linked to shaders (and perhaps even high framerates.. I play at 144fps). When the problem happens, some of the stuck cars are bouncing up and down in their pit box.. They try to pit out but fail and snap back to their pitbox near instantly. Oddly there's no such issue in pre qually practice or on the GP circuit.

Last edited:
Update: I've given up trying to find the cause of this issue. I've tried it with and without CSP, with ideal_line.ai etc - it always happens on my setup. I can't be bothered trying it at 60 fps though. I'm using CM now though and will keep doing so

Maybe you could share your race weekend settings so one can try to reproduce the issue, if you don't mind.
Sure, I don't think my settings were much of an influencer though. There's a distinct lack of other people reporting the same problem.

30 to 60 minutes practice and qualifying (I tried both skipping some of the practice session and allowing it to fully elapse). 15 to 18 lap race. Track set to start Green. AI strength 96% with 3 to 5 variation and 25 to 34 aggression. Mid clear weather with random wind. Various cars and amounts of cars tried (6 to 18 or there abouts) - including a grid of Tatuuses. Damage, fuel consumption and tyre wear on - all 1x/full, same as time speed. Mid afternoon start.

That's about all I can think of. I haven't noticed this issue on any other track so far.

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea