Resource icon

Tracks Donington Park 2.02

Login or Register an account to download this content
That stuff's all in the models.ini files so you could try editing them. The Typhoons are the lines where FILE=924.kn5

If you change the RND_POS_RANGE so something like 50000,50,0 that should randomise the start point by 50km, and therefore the timing of them passing over. The second number is the altitude, which is currently 200m. Adding a randomness of '50' to that will mean they should be as low as 150m.

Never actually bothered trying anything like that myself. Let us know how you get on.

That stuff's all in the models.ini files so you could try editing them. The Typhoons are the lines where FILE=924.kn5

If you change the RND_POS_RANGE so something like 50000,50,0 that should randomise the start point by 50km, and therefore the timing of them passing over. The second number is the altitude, which is currently 200m. Adding a randomness of '50' to that will mean they should be as low as 150m.

Never actually bothered trying anything like that myself. Let us know how you get on.
Mmm. That looks way above my pay grade. I wouldn't know the first thing about editing kn5 files. :confused:

Ok I tried your new track this afternoon!
I must say its a real progression over the one before!
It is very impressive.
The only missing part is the track limit or boundaries (for ia and online..)
Here a couple of shots I took!

Thx for your work

Attachments

• 20180916175938_1.jpg
    20180916175938_1.jpg
    576.7 KB · Views: 235
  • 20180916175358_1.jpg
    20180916175358_1.jpg
    398.9 KB · Views: 221
  • 20180916180054_1.jpg
    20180916180054_1.jpg
    839.8 KB · Views: 207
When I looked it was a .kn5 file, not an .ini file. Editing .ini files is easy, but I couldn't seem to do anything with the .kn5.
Or am I missing something here?
Open the models_gp.ini or models_national.ini file in your doningtonpark2018 folder and adjust it as per brun's post in #321.

Ok I tried your new track this afternoon!
I must say its a real progression over the one before!
It is very impressive.
The only missing part is the track limit or boundaries (for ia and online..)
Here a couple of shots I took!
Thanks for the compliments.

Exceeding track limits at the Esses should be penalized now, and also cutting the Old Hairpin and Coppice. Didn't feel necessary anywhere else. There are no penalties for running wide, but that's in keeping with Kunos tracks.

These changes won't affect the AI yet, because the AI lines haven't been updated. Might have to wait until the weekend before I find time to look into that.

this part of the chinane seems to have more sand and less green "patch"
CQaf1jo.jpg

hFvV2KW.jpg

also on the national layout
MX5-12.jpg
You're quite correct, not sure how I missed that. The other thing people might notice from the video is that there's still a lot of blue paint there. I'm assuming that's just cos they hadn't got round to painting it yet, which is why there isn't any on my version.

It worked brilliantly! Thanks for the info and to @Ghoults for pointing me to the files. I actually increased the altitude randomiser to 150 and got buzzed VERY low on one pass while pootling around in an MX5 in VR - the Typhoon came right over the top of me from behind and scared me shitless..!
If you could just add a jet SFX.... :O_o:
IMO it'd definitely be worth consider randomising the Typhoon's altitude and direction for the final release - it's one of those little details that can add so much.

Out of interest, could the jets be dropped into other tracks by copying the .kn5 and .ini? :sneaky:

Last edited:
The kerb height might be a little low but there's not much in it. I think it looks more different due to the camera angle and lighting. Would prefer to leave it as is considering the effect that a larger one might have on AI (and player) physics.

As for the other examples, the concrete runoffs change all the time. The videos from April don't reflect the current state.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.