DiRT Rally - Enhanced Camera Control Mod

DiRT Rally DiRT Rally - Enhanced Camera Control Mod 4.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
Cool. How did you unlock the seat adjustment on dash cam? Is there a way to do that to the original cameras?
Please compare the default cameras.xml with my file ("dash-cam" section).
The similar modding way was/is available for the old Codemasters F1 titles, and I used the same way for DiRT Rally. :)

What FOV should I use in this mod if I want it to be the same as the original dash cam?
The original (default) FOV & ranges are,

- bumper FOV 30.0-70.0
- bonnet FOV 30.0-70.0
- head-cam FOV 30.0-70.0
- dash-cam FOV 55.0

Not exactly the same FOV though, please use "FOV 45.5-55.5" pack and set the in-game FOV to "0.9" (54.5) or "1.0" (55.5). And you can use the FOV close to the original for Dash-Cam.
Hope this helps. :)

Have tried the 4.01 version now and its much better. Almost no flickering/shimmering texture/graphic but in Greece there is some in the shadows from the trees and mountains and some in Wales but not much at all. Cant remember if that was the case even before I start to use this mod?
But anyway, the flickering texture in 4.00 V is gone but I there is some small but as I said, dont know if that is because of this mod or not?

Have tried the 4.01 version now and its much better. Almost no flickering/shimmering texture/graphic but in Greece there is some in the shadows from the trees and mountains and some in Wales but not much at all. Cant remember if that was the case even before I start to use this mod?
But anyway, the flickering texture in 4.00 V is gone but I there is some small but as I said, dont know if that is because of this mod or not?
Thanks for your feedback as always, astro83.
I'm glad to hear the flickering issue has been improved..

As I wrote before, I re-edited all files based on the latest patched files. And I only changed the values necessary to edit this Mod. And this time, I restored the default nearPlane value.

I've checked the Codemasters Official Forum and the Steam Community Forum and found the similar issues have been reported.

http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/comment/136484#Comment_136484

http://steamcommunity.com/app/31056...gidforum=611704730326201120&include_deleted=1

(Please search the forum, and you can find more posts.)

I'm not sure, but it might be the problem of the game side. I'd also like to continue to check the related information. Hope this info helps.
Thank you. :)

Thanks for your suggestion, bogani. It’s a very interesting idea. :)
It is possible by replacing left (right) hand drive car's "cameras.xml" file with right (left) hand drive car's. I sometimes use this way when I want to virtually change the driver's seat to the opposite side (e.g. when I want to drive Lancer Evo. with left-hand drive etc.). And we can use the same way to create the current WRC onboard-style camera.

Here is an instruction.

(e.g.) How to create the Co-Driver's Side Camera for "Impreza WRX STI Spec C R4".

1. About "Cars & Folder Names" (which folder is which car), please refer to this thread.
http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/dirt-rally-cars-tracks-folder-names-list.104727/

2. Please make a backup of the original file.

3. Go to the following directory.
C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/DiRT Rally/cars/models/mer

And copy & paste "cameras.xml" file in it => into the following directory and overwrite the existing one.
C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/DiRT Rally/cars/models/sti

4. Run "DiRT Rally".

5. Select "Impreza WRX STI Spec C R4" (R4 Class) and switch the camera to "Head-Cam" or "Dash-Cam". (If the steps above were properly done, the camera(s) should be displayed on the right side.)

6. Then adjust the camera(s) to the desired position.

If you want to watch the replay with the adjusted camera position, please adjust the camera(s) before starting SS. Then start & finish SS, and switch to the adjusted camera during the replay.

That's it. :)

Here are some screenshots.

dirt_r11.jpg

This is literally “Co-Driver’s Cam”. :roflmao:
dirt_r12.jpg

In this Mod, I adjusted the center of the steering wheel of each car (not mentioned in the Readme though), here is the list of the X-Axis (left/right position) value of each car (quickly exported from my Excel data, sorry).

(Note: minus value = right-hand drive car)
dirt_r13.jpg

This is a useful information. I'll add this tutorial in the Readme when I update the Mod next time. Of course, I won’t forget the credit to you.
Hope this helps. And thanks again for this nice suggestion. :)

Last edited:
Awesome! Thanks.

I would love to have drivers/center/co driver cams to switch between but I guess you can only have two adjusted cams at the same time(head/dash)? It's not possible to replace bonnet or one of the chase cams with a co driver cam?

Cheers!

Awesome! Thanks.

I would love to have drivers/center/co driver cams to switch between but I guess you can only have two adjusted cams at the same time(head/dash)? It's not possible to replace bonnet or one of the chase cams with a co driver cam?

Cheers!
Thanks for your reply, bogani.
I'm not a Codemasters development staff and not sure. But unfortunately, it seems that we can use "Seat Adjustment" function only for "Head-Cam" and "Dash-Cam".

Basically,
- "Head-Cam" and "Dash-Cam" have the same format, and they are compatible.

- But "Bonnet-Cam" seems to be designed for the external hood view. And we can't move it to the interior of the car because the windshield can't be displayed normally.

- Also, "Chase-Cam" seems to be designed for the external chase view (so-called "Swingman"), and we can't used it for the in-car cam.

Fortunately, "cameras.xml" file of each car has the same format, and it is compatible with other cars.
And Codemasters enabled the "Seat Adjustment" in the latest update (thanks to Codemasters). And it makes it possible for us to create "Co-Driver's Side Cam" by replacing the files. So, this is one solution at the moment.
Hope this helps. Thank you. :)

I only want the raised bumper cam. Is there any way to do this? or do I need to install the entire pack/mod?
Yes, you need to install the Mod files.
Please follow this instruction.

1. Please choose the FOV package which you want to play with

2. The default "Bumper-Camera" of each car is positioned at the center. I only raised to the same height as the "Bonnet Camera".

3. If you want to change (adjust) the height of the "Bumper-Camera",

- please install "Driver's Side & Center Cameras" package,
- switch to the "Dash-Cam (positioned at the center)" in-game,
- move the camera forward to the position you like.
- then adjust the height of the camera.

(Please refer to this image.)
preview_01-jpg.111247

Please note that we can't save the position of the adjusted "Dash-Cam" because "Seat Adjustment" is officially supported only for "Head-Cam". I enabled it for "Dash-Cam" by modding.
But at least, you can adjust the height of the "Bumper-Cam" by using this Mod if needed.
Hope this helps.

@Tommi-TAG I come bearing news! New update is out today, Winter Wonderland + 2 new cars, not checked in game yet.
Thanks for the information as always, John. Yes, I'm downloading. :roflmao:
I've been working on the next update since last month. And this time, I'm going to add "FOV 55.0-70.0" package. (Thanks to linus noren for the suggestion.)

The base files are almost done, but I have to test each file from now + edit the files for the new cars.
I hope I can release the next update until this weekend. If it is going to be late for some reason, I'll inform you here. Please give me some time.
Thank you! :)

The new cars will be in your next update right? :)
Thanks for your comment, astro83.
Yes, I'm now working on the 2 new cars.
I have to test the positions & the ranges of all cars, and it will take a few more days.
But I hope I can release the update until this weekend.
Thank you! :)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea