DiRT Rally - Enhanced Camera Control Mod

DiRT Rally DiRT Rally - Enhanced Camera Control Mod 4.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
@Tommi-TAG thanks for all your hard work! This new mod you're in the works on is looking GREAT! Unfortunately my "sweet spot" exists somewhere between the closest the head cam will let you get on the new update and zoomed out a little from the dash cam position. So what this new mod you're working on allows for would do WONDERS for me! Thanks again for all your hard work on this! Looking forward to seeing it when it's done!

In the meantime I'm going to try putting in your modded cameras and see if it will let me zoom in even more from that position. I'll post the results of this after I try it.
Thanks for your feedback, EliteGoalie.
I spent lots of time to find the generic position (not too far/close/high/low), but it's hard to find the perfect position for everyone.
But finally, Codemasters added the "Seat Adjustment" and allows us to edit the "range" of the camera control.

As I showed in the video above, I'm trying to make "(almost) full-range" camera control possible. I'm now checking the maximum range of the Head-Cam based on the default parameters. Then, I'll calculate the values for Close-Cam & Dash-Cam. I hope it could enable us to adjust the cameras to the best position. :)
Thanks again!

Thanks for your work Tommi, as i can see in your video, we will be able to move the seat adjustment in the cam where the HUD is, and that's perfect for me, i was waiting for this. Thanks again!

Thanks for your work Tommi, as i can see in your video, we will be able to move the seat adjustment in the cam where the HUD is, and that's perfect for me, i was waiting for this. Thanks again!
Thanks for your comment, clioloko.
I've spent a few days to determin the range of the camera control, and it's not so hard to determin the Fore-Position (the same position as the Bumper-Cam). But it's hard to determin the Aft-Position because it depends on the height and the FOV. So, I've decided to use the common value so that we can move the cameras backward (almost behind the seat) enough to create a Wide-Cam.
I've stored the all parameters in my Excel, and it's ready to convert them to the new format. I have to test each car & each cam one by one, and it may take several days to finish all cars.
I'm going to focus on it. And hopefully, I want to release the update until next week if I can.
Thanks again for your patience. :)

Last edited:
Don't worry, we can wait! :) Thank you for your dedication and your invested time for this. Looking forward to the release. Good luck.
Thanks for your comment, Niki75.
Thanks to everybody's support, I could finish the update.
I'll release it soon. And I'm glad if you enjoy the new version.
Thank you! :)

Oh!!! just what Iv waiting for!!! awesome work!!!! :D

Will it be possible to move the dash cam down also? I think the original dash view is to high!
Would be so awesome!!
Thanks for your comment, astro83.
I enabled the "Seat Adjustment" for Dash-Cam, too. And Yes, you/we can move (lower) the position of the Dash-Cam.
I adjusted the base cameras to the slightly higher position so that the player can see ahead well. But I agree it sometimes feels a bit too high. I hope the updated Mod with "Seat Adjustment" can solve this problem.

Tommi-TAG updated DiRT Rally - Enhanced Camera Control Mod with a new update entry:

Ver.4.0 Update - Added "Seat Adjustment" support according to the official "Modern Masters Update"

Ver.4.0 Update (summary)

- Added "Seat Adjustment" support according to the official "Modern Masters Update" (3/11/2015) by Codemasters.

- Enabled "Seat Adjustment" (not only for Head-Cam but also) for Dash-Cam.

- Now, the player can move the fore-aft position of the seat with "Seat Adjustment".
So, I made the Mod simple 2 packages, "Driver's Side Cameras" & "Center & Semi-Center Cameras".

- Added "FOV 25.0-35.0" and "FOV...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hi Tommi, thanks for your work, I hope as well that I can use your mod with the new function "seat adjustment" and find finally the position in the cockpit that I like!
Thanks for your comment, Cedric Germain.
Codemasters use the cockpit specific model for each car (like other Sims), and I've checked the fore-aft position carefully to maximize the range of the camera control.
Within the usual range, I think the player can adjust the seat to his/her favorite position (except he/she can't move the seat to the left/right).
I hope you can adjust the cam to your favorite position. And please let me know if there's any problem.

Hello.
It took almost 10 days, sorry. But thanks to everybody's support, I could update the Mod.
This time, I've added several new features according to the official "Modern Master Update" by Codemasters.

- "Seat Adjustment" - Head-Cam & Dash-Cam

- "FOV 25.0-35.0" & "FOV 35.0-45.0"

- Enabled "Driver's Head (Helmet)" - "Center & Semi-Center Cameras"
(Note: As you know, the player can enable/disable the Cockpit Driver in "Preferences" menu.)

- Now, the player can move the seat forward/backward with "Seat Adjustment".
So, I made the Mod simple 2 packages, "Driver's Side Cameras" & "Center & Semi-Center Cameras".
(Note: "Driver's Side Cameras" are based on the "Close Cam" positions of the old "Alternative Camera Pack". Thanks to John Dalton for the suggestion :))

I spent most of my time to check and determine the range of the camera control. And about "FOV 25.0-35.0" & "FOV 35.0-45.0" packages, I did not have enough time to optimize the base positions. I'm sorry. But I wanted to share the "Enhanced Camera Control" for "FOV 25.0-35.0" & "FOV 35.0-45.0" as soon as possible. So, I decided to release it.
I'll keep working on these cameras and update the Mod when it's done (hopefully until next update if possible).

It's hard to test all cameras of all cars perfectly, so please let me know if there's any problem.
Hope you can adjust the cameras to your favorite positions and enjoy this game.
Thank you. :)

Hey Tommi. Iv tried it out know on several cars.... And wow! You have done the thing I wanted codies to understand and do! This is like the FOV option in Race Room. Absolutly amazing! Now the driving is like it should!! Im so glad for this mod!! Thanks!

But some questions regarding 45.5-55,5 camera pack I choose to use.

- Iv seen some flicker/stutter/flimmer (dont know the right word) in the nature that Iv not seen before this mod. In Greece and Finland. (the two events I tried so far). Is that something you can optimize?

- Is there a possibility in the future to make this mod, so the camera position we use for every single car can be saved?

- I use the dash cam, and moving that cam backwards and much lower than original, what is the difference in the 3 packs you have created for this update? What is the best option for me to use?

Again, awesome awesome work! (- Paul, hire him right now!!!!) :)

Hey Tommi. Iv tried it out know on several cars.... And wow! You have done the thing I wanted codies to understand and do! This is like the FOV option in Race Room. Absolutly amazing! Now the driving is like it should!! Im so glad for this mod!! Thanks!

But some questions regarding 45.5-55,5 camera pack I choose to use.

- Iv seen some flicker/stutter/flimmer (dont know the right word) in the nature that Iv not seen before this mod. In Greece and Finland. (the two events I tried so far). Is that something you can optimize?

- Is there a possibility in the future to make this mod, so the camera position we use for every single car can be saved?

- I use the dash cam, and moving that cam backwards and much lower than original, what is the difference in the 3 packs you have created for this update? What is the best option for me to use?

Again, awesome awesome work! (- Paul, hire him right now!!!!) :)
Hi, astro83.
Thanks for your kind words and encouragement.
And thanks for your feedback, too. It is very helpful for me. :)
(And I did not have time early today, so I'm sorry my reply is late.)

(1) About the graphical issue, I changed "nearPlane" value this time, and it seems to have caused the flickering problem.

Basically, "lower nearPlane value" makes it possible to move the cameras close to the objects inside the car (dashboard, roll-bar etc.).
Codemasters used "nearPlane 0.09" for the initial release version of this game. But about several cars, there was an issue that the side-window could not be displayed normally. Then Codemasters decreased the value to "0.05" when they released RX update.

I personally tested and knew that very low nearPlane value caused the graphical issues in this game. And I thought "0.01" was a minimum safe value. So, I used "0.01" value only for the Dash-Cam of Lancia Stratos and DS 3 in the previous version of this Mod because I had to locate the Dash-Cam very close to the roll-bar.
And this time, I used this value for all cars so that we can move the cameras very close to the dashboard and roll-bar. But I did not notice the issue because I usually test the Mod mainly on the tarmac. I’m sorry.

I'll restore the value to the default "0.05" and fix the issue as soon as possible.
Only the problem is that we can't move the cameras close to the driver's helmet with Semi-Center + Triple-Screen. But I'll optimize the positions in the future update.

(2) About the advanced saving system for the adjusted camera positions, I also wish that feature.
I think it is a matter of the in-game program, so we can’t do anything. But “Seat Adjustment” was just added, and I’d like to wait for the further development by the dev to make this feature more useful.

(3) About the range of the camera control, I used the same common range for all cameras & packages of each car.

I optimized the camera control range for FOV 25.0 - 55.5.
The Bumper-Cam position is optimized for FOV 55.5.
And the backward limit is optimized for FOV 25.0.

First, I determined the “base camera control range” of each car base on the default camera position & seat adjustment values.
Next, I calculated the seat adjustment values of Close-Cam & Dash-Cam base on the “base camera control range” above.
So, the camera control range of each pack is the same because it is based on the same “base camera control range”.
I tested carefully and think each car has enough range, but please let me know if you notice something about the range. I'll continue to test each car, too. :)

Once again, thank you very much for your feedback. I’ll fix the issue as soon as possible (hopefully until tomorrow). And please let me know if there’s any other problem.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back