DiRT Rally - Enhanced Camera Control Mod

DiRT Rally DiRT Rally - Enhanced Camera Control Mod 4.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
Can I request?

(a)(c-1) + (b-2) + (e)(f)
Thanks for your suggestion, yoshino (san).
Thinking of...

- Codemasters default package is (a)(d) + (b-2) + (e)(f),

- "(b-2) Bonnet - Center" is a standard of most of the racing games,

- generally, "(c-1) Center Cam" is more popular than "(c-2) Semi-Center"
(it is one of the reasons I make it possible to use "HUD Dial" with "Center Cam"),

- and we can adjust the fore-aft position of "the driver's side with (a)" and "the center with (c-1)",

your suggestion makes sense. And to be honest, I have also been thinking of the same idea.

I have to determine the base positions of "Bonnet-Cam, Head-Cam & Dash-Cam" for "FOV 25.0-35.0 & 35.0-45.0" packages first, and complete the base files of each package. And next, I'll edit "(a)(c-1) + (b-2) + (e)(f)" package for each FOV.

I'm sorry, I can't promise "when" because it depends on how it takes time to complete the base files. But I'll add it in the future update. Please give me time until then.
Thanks again! :)

Last edited:
Thanks Tommi for the replay! I understand the issu with graphic then.

But if the fixes you will make to this issue will do that the cam position does that I cant lower the cam in the way this update today makes it possible, then I will use this update. Because the cam position right now is bloody perfect and as some one said. This mod has take this sim to another bigger level I think! Truly glad for this mod.

I have maby missunderstand you there, but will wait and try the next update to. Keep it up! :D

Tommy thank you for this update, I play on three screens 27 ", I have added some FOV in Headcam file 45, 55 I have set max 75, for me c is better with FOV fit the game 0.9 and Controls the seat
Thank you again for your work

Thanks Tommi for the replay! I understand the issu with graphic then.

But if the fixes you will make to this issue will do that the cam position does that I cant lower the cam in the way this update today makes it possible, then I will use this update. Because the cam position right now is bloody perfect and as some one said. This mod has take this sim to another bigger level I think! Truly glad for this mod.

I have maby missunderstand you there, but will wait and try the next update to. Keep it up! :D
Thanks for your reply, astro83.
And thanks again for your feedback this time.
I'm sorry if I misunderstood the point of your question. Please let me know if I missed out something. :)

Thanks to your feedback, I restored the default "nearPlane" values. and now testing each car.
I only have to change the position of the Semi-Center Cameras of several cars (moved slightly to the center). As a result of this change, I have to make the necessary adjustment, and it needs a little more time than I'd expected.
I'm sorry for the delay. But I'm going to release the update asap.
Thank you! :)

Thank you very much @Tommi-TAG you are a star! ;)

Also, thank you for the mention in the credits! Wasn't expecting that honestly :)
Thanks for your kind message as always, John.
Your encouragement always helped me a lot. And thanks to your information, I could prepare and decide what to do next. :thumbsup:
There seems to be no "Reset Seat Position" button atm though, I'll keep updating the Close Cams for the new cars.
Thank you! :)

Tommy thank you for this update, I play on three screens 27 ", I have added some FOV in Headcam file 45, 55 I have set max 75, for me c is better with FOV fit the game 0.9 and Controls the seat
Thank you again for your work
Thanks for your feedback, Maverick24.
I've wanted to add the lower FOV files, but I could not because it was hard to determine the base positions. This time, thanks to the Seat Adjustment option, I could make it.
Thers's still a lot of work to do though, any feedback would be really appreciated. :)
Thank you!

Okey thanks! I just mean that I love the dash cam FOV and adjustment as it is. I hope with the new update that the graphic issue dissapear but the same cam option and movement stays as it is right now because its bloody perfect! :)

Okey thanks! I just mean that I love the dash cam FOV and adjustment as it is. I hope with the new update that the graphic issue dissapear but the same cam option and movement stays as it is right now because its bloody perfect! :)
Thanks for your reply, astro83.
I'll leave the "Driver's Side Cameras" as they are. I only change "nearPlane" values to fix the graphical issue. :)

But as a result of this change (increase the nearPlane values to 0.05), I've found that I have to abandon the "Semi-Center Cameras" for "FOV 25.0-45.0" because the driver's helmets can't be displayed normally on the triple-screen with some lower FOV range.

Yoshino san just suggested "(a)(c-1) + (b-2) + (e)(f)" package, and I'm going to reorganize the pack as follows.

a) Driver's Side Cameras (Head-Cam + Dash-Cam) - the same pack as the old one
b) Head-Cam + Center Cam - (a)(c-1) + (b-2) + (e)(f) - New
c) Semi-Center + Center Cam (only for FOV 45.5-55.5, Single-Monitor) - the same pack as the old one

This might be a useful pack for now, I think. I'm going to work on this, and any further suggestion would be appreciated. :)
Thank you!

Can I request?

(a)(c-1) + (b-2) + (e)(f)
As I wrote in my post just above, I've decided to edit "(a)(c-1) + (b-2) + (e)(f)" package this time.
I've tried it and found that we can use "Adjustable Driver's Side Cam" and "Adjustable Center Cam" in a single package. It's very useful.
Thanks again for a nice idea just in time! :)

Tommi-TAG updated DiRT Rally - Enhanced Camera Control Mod with a new update entry:

Fixed the shadow flickering issue. As a result of this, made several necessary changes.

Ver.4.01 Update (Summary)

- Changed the "nearPlane" value to the default to fix the shadow flickering issue on some SS (countries).
(Thanks to astro83 for the feedback about this issue.)

And I'm sorry for the issue and the inconvenience.

- As a result of this change, I reorganized the packages as follows.

Abandoned "Semi-Center Cameras" for "FOV 25.0-35.0" & "FOV 35.0-45.0" because the helmets can't be...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hello.
Thanks for your support.
I've updated the Mod to Ver.4.01. This update is mainly to fix the shadow flickering issue. And I made several necessary changes and reorganized the packages.
(Thanks again to astro83 for the feedback about the issue.)

And I'm sorry for the issue and the inconvenience.

I changed the "nearPlane" value to the default. But as a result of this change, I had to abandon "Semi-Center Cameras" for "FOV 25.0-35.0" & "FOV 35.0-45.0" because the helmets can't be displayed normally when displaying with some aspect ratio (wider than 16:9) & FOV.

Also, I reorganized the packages and added "Driver's Side & Center Cameras" that is close to the default camera package.
(Thanks again to yoshino san for the suggestion about this package.)

I hope this update solves the graphical issue. As always, please let me know if there's any problem. And any suggestion or feedback would be appreciated.
Thank you. :)

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes